• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

The Hive's Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

R

Roland

You guys should need a lobby for all Reviewers that you've Hired, To discuss privately and sharing opinions in reviewing.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Make a User's Lobby while we're at it. :p

Oh wait, that's the site itself and chat(albeit mostly deprived of life).

There already is ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-02-05 20.40.23.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-05 20.40.23.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 92

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...) Kind of ironic when I think back on the different admins that we've had, and quite a few of them did sort of disappear after they made the change.
(...)
And yet so many smarties failed to understand my gaining-permissions-with-the-gal analogy. What else would I mean. That's why when Kimberly asked me if she had any reason to feel utterly disgusted, I responded: you absolutely do. It's a pretty accurate picture of what I think of people who do that.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
And yet so many smarties failed to understand my gaining-permissions-with-the-gal analogy. What else would I mean. That's why when Kimberly asked me if she had any reason to feel utterly disgusted, I responded: you absolutely do. It's a pretty accurate picture of what I think of people who do that.
I have no idea what you are talking about, you might want to reiterate the context. I think you replied to a very old quote?

Would you guys mind not posting in here unless it's related to staff changes?
Then why let us post at all if you want to be so strict about it? I thought this was a discussion thread and not purely an informational sticky.

Roland

R

Roland

is the Chieftain's Council Rank has staff abilities like going to the staff forums and other deep places here in the hive?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
is the Chieftain's Council Rank has staff abilities like going to the staff forums and other deep places here in the hive?
You mean VGsatomi? AFAIK he has access to the staff forums. That's part of the counsel role.

Should be noted that he hasn't been active for a very long time, and I doubt we will see a lot of him in the future barring surprise visits.

I think you should add reviewers on "Who to contact" list.
There is never a point in contacting the reviewers. If you have issues with a moderation, by mods or reviewers alike, you contact the moderators.

Roland

R

Roland

Who's the oldest staff member here? :^) (Older than HappyTauren or Ralle)

Level 28
Why is there three Administrators here on the Hive ?
Now, its obvious why a regular user to be able to close his thread or rename it while a Moderator can or deleting a map if its not approved.
And how Administrators approve Moderators?

Last edited:
Level 15
Why is there three Administrators here on the Hive ?
Now, its obvious why a regular user to be able to close his thread or rename it while a Moderator can or deleting a map if its not approved.
And how Administrators approve Moderators?

A number of factors contribute to why there are more than one administrator, but it's primarily to help reduce the load on Ralle (as he just recently became a father), and also to help spread the workload amongst multiple people. As far as the moderator approval process, it usually involves a number of things involving some kind of screening by administrators, input from existing moderators, etc.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yeah, they most likely splitted tasks now, I don't get reputation for excessively
reporting rule violations
anymore, so the person taking care of them might changed.

Level 34
It's the most successful way to run a website! Run a place for ten years, then promote the guys from the start that have since matured.
This is true. If I can be blunt, you and I didn't really get along that well from what I remember. However since you've returned, I've gained a lot of respect for you and your work as staff.

I'm guessing it's probably a combination of us both maturing. Nothing mellows people out like age. Except for marijuana.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
This is true. If I can be blunt, you and I didn't really get along that well from what I remember. However since you've returned, I've gained a lot of respect for you and your work as staff.

I'm guessing it's probably a combination of us both maturing. Nothing mellows people out like age. Except for marijuana.

Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.