• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wurst Subsection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
For those who dont know WurstScript yet:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-wurstscript-wurst-jass-compiler-ide-238522/

I have quite a lot WurstSrcipt resources on my computer which i havent uploaded because the hive is completely missing support for Wurst. This means:
- No place to put resources (i assume http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-resources-412/ is only for vJass as the name suggests)
- No [Wurst] tags for WurstScript syntaxhighlighting
- No moderator with enough WurstScript knowledge to moderate resources

I understand that at this point WurstScript isnt very popular on the hive so adding support for WurstScript doesnt seem urgent, but i think the situation is a dead-lock: As long as there is no support the interest in the language wont grow but as long as there arent many people using WurstScript the support wont be extended.

This is why i would like to discuss the idea of having a subforum dedicated to WurstScript resources. I suppose making it a subforum for http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-resources-412/ would be a good choice. Mixing WurstScript resources with Jass resources (like putting WurstScript resources directly into the Jass resources) doesnt make sense as WurstScript and Jass/vJass resources arent usually used together in a map.

About moderation: i think for now there is no need to have a moderator for Wurst resources. Later when more people are coding for Wurst im sure PurgeandFire will be more than happy to accept that responsibility :)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Why not?

Last time I was contacted about Wurst syntax highlighting, I linked to GeSHi. That is what I am using to make syntax highlighters. I would like one for JASS. Another option is to see what TriggerHappy has come up with as he made a better JASS highlighter and hinted about Wurst syntax.

The forum should be easy to create. Is there a Wc3 icon with a sausage on? :grin:

Level 14
What about this:
151697-albums6077-picture78918.png

€: made this from the pic in my signature, i think its a lot better :)
151697-albums6077-picture78920.png
(gimp .xcf)

Last edited:
I think it's a good idea to support Wurst in the JASS section but I don't think there should be a subforum. Maybe a thread prefix or something.

I've also created cjass and wurst extensions for my JASS tags but I just need to finish a couple things before I send them over to Ralle. The bbcode syntax would be

[jass=wurst][/code]
[jass=cjass][/code]

I'm debating whether or not I should keep initializer linking

jtags2.jpg

Do you have a reason for this? In my eyes it just doesnt make sense to mix jass and wurst stuff.. so thats why i opened this thread.

1. I don't think the amount of submissions it's going to get warrant its own subforum.
  2. It would be better to contribute to the current JASS section rather than having some pseudo forum.
  3. By this logic, shouldn't vJass have it's own sub forum?
just my opinion though.

Level 14
1. im not sure either
3. it does. The resources forum is mostly vJass stuff, resources in vanilla jass are rare. And still, vJAss and Jass are compatible, Wurst and (v)Jass not. (Technically yes, but its not practical)

peq

peq

Level 6
It would be better to contribute to the current JASS section rather than having some pseudo forum.
just my opinion though.

I think it is easier to start with a new forum.
If there is not enough activity it can be closed again and all posts can be moved to the Jass section.
The other way around is more work. If there are a lot of threads in the Jass forum it would take some manual work to move all the threads to a new forum.

Level 14
I'm debating whether or not I should keep initializer linking

I would like it if you keep it, however the black underlined style is already used by chars and looks too similar to it. Maybe make it consistent with the new TESH which also highlights function templates like onInit or onDestroy?

The RGB code would be [43, 145, 175].

According to Wurst: I would prefer a new subform too. vJass is very similar to Jass so I think its ok to have one forum for both, but Wurst is very different. So a new subforum would make sense IMO.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Right now we have
Wurst:
 running, but I just looked at our  forum structure. I think that  [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/[/url] can be used for  Wurst as well with a simple added tag, but we should get a separate  forum for wurst resources. What do you think about that?

Right now we have
Wurst:
 running, but I just looked at our  forum structure. I think that  [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/[/url] can be used for  Wurst as well with a simple added tag, but we should get a separate  forum for wurst resources. What do you think about that?[/QUOTE]

[code=wurst]
package test

@compileTime function dfsfsdf()

Not the best ..

Hopefully you implement my tags soon enough :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2 KB · Views: 74
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Level 14
Right now we have
Wurst:
 running, but I just looked at our  forum structure. I think that  [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/[/url] can be used for  Wurst as well with a simple added tag, but we should get a separate  forum for wurst resources. What do you think about that?[/QUOTE]

I agree and my request was mostly about a wurst resource subsection (check my first post).
I think a lot of of the questions asked in the "Trigger & Scripts" section arent bound to a specific language anyway. For example all questions concerning jass natives can direcly be applied to wurst etc...

About the syntax highlighter, i think TriggerHappys screenshots look really nice :>

Good, however "var" and "let" are both for variables and should not have different highlighting.
I already commented that on the GeSHI repo

e: And if you parse operators you might as well add "->" since it's used for closures

Alright I updated.

Well i don't like the hl color.
I think R:127 G:0 B:85 looks better.

hl color?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Oh god we have so many forums and I can imagine more appearing if new JASS related languages are released.
The spells section has everything in one, I think I will do the same with the JASS resources and just add forced thread tags
JASS:
 [vJASS] [Wurst]. I think that will be an alright solution. The only downside is that we won't be using the Wurst forum icon :).

Purge is willing to moderate the Wurst-related resources.

Level 14
The only downside is that we won't be using the Wurst forum icon :).
Took me so much time to make it :(

The spells section has everything in one, I think I will do the same with the JASS resources and just add forced thread tags
JASS:
 [vJASS] [Wurst]. [/quote]
Hm, what do you mean "everything in one"? There is only vJass, as Jass/ZinC spells are very rare and even compatible to the vJass universe. If ur map is written in vJass you can use Jass/vJass/ZinC spells so it makes sense to throw them all into one section. However if you are coding your map in Wurst then you can only use Wurst spells, which is the reason why i suggested a dedicated subsection for wurst resources in the first place.

If you really dont want another subsection then i think tagging would be alright, if you force it. But then some feature to filter the contents by tag would be handy.

[quote]
Purge is willing to moderate the Wurst-related resources.[/QUOTE]
Good. Thx.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Status
Not open for further replies.