• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #3 Poll

Who made the best terrain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
The Hive Workshop's
Terrain Contest #3 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the Terrain Contest #3! Here you can vote for your favorite terrains. Before you vote though, here are a couple of rules.

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You can not vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You can not create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.

Last edited:
Level 34
Nice, but remove that
tag at the top. Also, I think the entries list should be centered.

How about I just add the close tag. ;)
Thanks for pointing it out though.

Edit: JanSze, did you enter? I can't remember.

Edit2: I don't like it centered Hawk.

Oh and I think this poll was my 4000 post. How fitting.

Level 34
Huge thanks to Hawkwing for collecting them all! I'll work on getting the poll ready now.

Frostwhisper: Very nice terrain, overall. I didn't like the summer fog and the background though, it was missing something.

FamousPker49: I liked your a lot but I didn't really like the cabin. The idea was great but it could've been bigger.

AirHead: Foreground is very empty and the rocks around the pool look bad. Another problem is that there is a major lack of tile variation.

thedeathunterxx: Awesome! But I don't like those barrens rocks.

Just Spectating: Kinda flat and empty, even for a city. I think the scene was a bad decision.

Ilayat: I don't really like the ferns or the river.

Belgarath: Nice, but the fog was too much.

Oziris: I didn't really like the bridge or the rock hill.

Black Crown: I don't like the water fall, or that the units are the center of attention.

Mr.Goblin: Foreground is great! I just hate the background. Way too empty making it look very odd and unproportional. I hate the fog in the Winter one and the lack of fog in Summer ruins it. Another concern are those 'clouds'. They make it look messy.

/Naze: Nice, but that water should be ice. In winter at least.

SeRviLy: It's alright. There are too many trees, it really clashes.

~Void~: Im not a huge fan of the village and the waterfall kinda pops out of place. Also, I don't like the glow at night.

FrIkY: Nice, but some of the effects are a bit too much on the runestone.

Volvox: Some of the tints are a bit off, and the Winter scene is way too empty.

Thrikodius: The flames, rock chunks, tile, and Lordaeron Summer trees really ruined it for me.

ThePunisher: The ferns suck and the foreground is a tad empty. Otherwise, quite nice.

Level 13
I found it difficult to choose between frostwhisper's and Friky's... Rather than judging by terraining skills, I prefered to seek for originality and your common idea of a natural "monument" through the seasons caught my attention, greatly differing from everyone else's.
Comparing both submissions I felt more attracted to frostwhisper's, for 2 reasons: first, it's because Friky doesn't like to use grass doodads in his terrains, showing quite a lot bare grass tileset (something that I dislike). In second place was frostwhisper's experience in terraining. But precisely by this I vote for Friky's, because many will choose you, frostwhisper, for your obvious skill and experience, while I'd like to give the opportunity to others to win the prize. In conclusion, my vote goes to you, Friky.
All the other participants: Incredible terrains! This is an awesome expostion of Hive's terrainers at work, and I hope that I will be able to compete in the next competition.

Level 28
/Naze for me. His summer won it for me.

Frost/Void/Famous' are pretty cool, but I still like /Naze's a lot more.
If not for that town, Void...=P

Oh, I'm very glad to listen to it :3

And I still think that lacks background on frosty's terrain. Really. Also, I didn't voted in anyone yet... I think that we should consider this while voting:

Lightning: How was the use of lightning on the terrain?

Fog: How was the use of fog on the terrain?

Creativity: Was it creative?

Realism: Does it brings the feeling of real life in the terrain?

Doodad Placement: Were the doodads randomly spawned through the terrain? Or the one who placed them made it in an harmonic/pleasent to the eyes way?

I still have to look through all the terrains and analyze them. My vote isn't necessarily going to Void, frosty or Famous...

May the best win.

Level 18
actually, to be honest, Void's work was good, but it didn't seem to be that ...you know excellent.

I dont know why, Because Void's work is Usually legendary.
I dont feel the Four seasons going on in his SS.

However, Mr. Goblins and Black Crowns really show excellencey :
Black Crown : Creative, good looking, and displays all aspects of the 4 seasons
Mr.Goblins : Extremely creative, very good looking, had small issues ( except christmas , christmas was awsome ) but good none the less good.

Other entries were very good, but lacking ( including mine )

I choose black Crown, his was to me the best :)

Voted for void. Just sweet.
I really must say, frost is getting mostly popularity votes. Come on, it's not that great - HOWEVER PLEASE LET'S NOT HAVE THIS POLL CLOSED AS WELL!
Complain about it QUIETLY :)
Gilles, you should put a bit of thought into making it so that the pictures are 'private' - like on the helper, you should take a look. Would really help TBH.

BTW: WC3Creations contest is here: Terrain Contest #3 - Warcraft 3 Creations

Status
Not open for further replies.