• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #3 - Four Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wip!! ITs all about the perspective.. (i will redo the house don't worry .. its just the begining)

NouveauImagebitmap-4.jpg

Level 34
Make sure you scale things down a lot Goblin. Right now the mountains look small and really close. Adda a fog and small doodads on the mountain for a great effect.

An other Wip! (work in progress) i finaly decided to remove everything .. and start from the begining.. (no joke) i just remove most that i have done and change things...

and remember.. this is NOT the final version .. i will also add MUCH more doodads.. its only the Sketch of the map.. i would say

NouveauImagebitmap-6.jpg

Level 2
Unless I can figure out how to improve these this will be my final. Kinda tough looking at your own art work objectively, hehe.

Attachments

• Terrain Contest Entry.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 66
  • Terrain_Contest_Entry_Winter.jpg
    Terrain_Contest_Entry_Winter.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Terrain_Contest_Entry_Fall.jpg
    Terrain_Contest_Entry_Fall.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Terrain_Contest_Entry_Spring.jpg
    Terrain_Contest_Entry_Spring.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Terrain_Contest_Entry_Summer.jpg
    Terrain_Contest_Entry_Summer.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 205
Level 2
Eek, you're right. I thought they looked better before, but now the ferns don't seem to match the environment at all.

I'm not sure what you mean about using the water doodads; wouldn't replacing the lake with them produce weird collisions? I'll definately try it out for the winter picture, because it would be neat to have a frozen lake.

Level 28
So now I came up with a better idea. I call it Gateway to Hell. This one is summer.

EDIT: I made the other seasons to.
GatewayToHellSummer.jpg Summer - The air is damp and heavy.
GatewayToHellFall.jpg Fall - It's gray and rainy but the lava is still glowing through the fog.
GatewayToHellWinter.jpg Winter - The landscape is pretty well covered in snow. But the cave and its suroundings are still to hot.
GatewayToHellSpring.jpg Spring - The Snow has melted at most places. The top of the mointain is still cold enough for the snow to stay. The birds have started their search for food and pieces for their nests.

EDIT: I guess you can call this my final submission. Here's the map: View attachment GatewayToHell.w3x. I think it's spring atm.

Last edited:
Level 18
either way Goblin , those clouds look ugly at that camera angle.

it looks like the weather that the WE gives you.

by the way, the water is to strange, you may want to use the lower tool to fix that.

lol, your using imports xD ithought u never used imports.

its not a crime, im just sayin'...

Ah dude.. ok.. heres the quotes..

ah nvm .. cause i can't open the UTM .. D: so i guest will have to wait... before i can say i'm in.. (can i use the Normal world editor? and just import the model i need?) that are already in the UTM?
= Me

Go ahead Goblin, I trust you to only use UTM models
= Gilles page 22

i know ^^ but thanks for the advice.. (even if i already knew it ) XD

Don't worry....... Be happy.. (joke i wont do it again)

oh btw.. can i use that model ?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=49736&prev=c=15&r=20&d=list&status=g&page=7
= Me

= Gille page 23

Level 34
I would have disqualified you if you didn't ask for permission for the clouds. Which you still haven't.

Level 34
hes gonna win, there is no point of even redoing my work : /

im not saying i quit. . .

you have to admit, thats REALLY good.
I really don't think it's that good. In my honest opinion others are better. It's his best work though, and it's pretty good.

Level 9
hmm goblin i think you've hit the nail in just the wrong spot. its really good, infact the only faults i can see are 1 i dont like the house model (not your fault) 2 the birds are to syncronized looking to be blocking your view of everything else in the sky 3 i think you need more infasis on the sun not as bright as before but still a little brighter. anyway it just doesnt seem 100% right and great and im not sure why. maybe its just lack of detail or how good the detail is but a far as i can see its very detailed. it also looks way too man made not as natural as a valey in A mountain range. but its pretty good none the less gj.

Oh, and the light rain in the morning is called dew.

Status
Not open for further replies.