• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #3 - Four Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zomg new competition, I'm so in. I have a vague idea of what to do..
Is it just me, or are there are only new or newish terrainers in this contest? o_O

edit: winter & autumn wips.

Attachments

• Fall.jpg
    Fall.jpg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Winter.jpg
    Winter.jpg
    884.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Level 1
Terrain Contect Entry

Hey,i want to join the contest and here are my pictures:

Second Picture:Its Spring(Shows The "world" in growing,and the rain represents first life on the "world".)

Third Picture:Its Summer(Presenting The "world" in his best time[Advanced Life,Beautiful Nature and the "big" sea.])

Fourth Picture:Its Autumn(The "world" is getting ancient,and the ending of the "world" is getting closer day by day,year by year...until it disappears.)
-----------------------------------
This Message May Change If Needed...
I made every terrain in 20-40 minutes.
I just started doing terrain(So i don`t have high hoping.)
Made By ThePunisher
Copyright

Last edited:
Level 18
i dont get how the story has anything to do with the pictures but, they look good

noticable problems though.
the sky clouds you have do this wierd thing where you can see where it merges.
I suggest rotating the clouds so that you cant see that anymore.

also, your FAR Z is too close. You can see where the cloud sky cuts out of the picture.
increase the FAr z

Level 15
I'd like to say that it's good but it's not... You should have pressd 'V' for ingame view settings while taking screenshots, your doodads are flying and autumn and winter concepts seem swapped. I suggest you to start from scratch and not to use that house model, it's becoming a cliche.

Edit: Oh and all 4 pics must be taken from the same angle.

Level 34
ThePunisher, I'm going to need the map as well.

Belgarath, it's good to see you here! You've been missing in action for a while due to that darned wc3crea. :p

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting sick and tired of people whining when someone posts work. I realize you may be kidding somewhat, and just letting the user know how much you like his work, but it's getting old.

Ok .. i dont know if its the final version .. but its really really close to it i guest..

heres an other wip.. added some decoration and removed some grass.. (i might need to remove more..) and added some stuff here and there on te valley so its less empty.. i also recolored my ''Water fall river'' XD so it works with the sky...

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/Mr_Goblin/NouveauImagebitmap-12.jpg

I NEED COMMENTS D: (sorry Gilles) = cause i dont really care if i win or not.. i'm just doing this competition as an achivement .. cause i never did that kind of terrain ... a terrain for only making a nice picture.... and i do like it how its going.. so i might start my own Terrain gallery!!! (when i said i didnt wanted to win.. well its true.. but for shure i will be really really happy if i do..) :D

Good job everyone and i'm waiting for your WIP in the folowing post! b(^^)d

Level 34
Ok .. i dont know if its the final version .. but its really really close to it i guest..

heres an other wip.. added some decoration and removed some grass.. (i might need to remove more..) and added some stuff here and there on te valley so its less empty.. i also recolored my ''Water fall river'' XD so it works with the sky...

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/Mr_Goblin/NouveauImagebitmap-12.jpg

I NEED COMMENTS D: (sorry Gilles) = cause i dont really care if i win or not.. i'm just doing this competition as an achivement .. cause i never did that kind of terrain ... a terrain for only making a nice picture.... and i do like it how its going.. so i might start my own Terrain gallery!!! (when i said i didnt wanted to win.. well its true.. but for shure i will be really really happy if i do..) :D

Good job everyone and i'm waiting for your WIP in the folowing post! b(^^)d
What's the apology for?

Level 18
The back left mountain, you can see grass creeping over the top, which doesn't make sense if you have the front part of it rocky. Also, your lightpost placement isn't realistic, because the house is too far away to really benefit from it. The hay pile by the house just isn't doing it for me.

Your water looks like it is slapped onto the ground, rather than being a river. The forests you have on your mountains and in the valley look very unnatural. Add small shrubs and stuff in there and have more tile variation there also.

Your grass model you chose is horrid. Please try again.

Your sun is almost good, but you have only the left side of the mountains is lit up, where the right mountain is not. You should also lighten the color of your sun flare, the sun itself is fine, but the light from the sun wouldn't be as thick as the sun itself.

More rocks and animals.

Level 34
I'll let this go for a few days, if no one speaks up, I'll end it. I am pretty sure there are more to come in. Has Void done anything?

Final submission (maybe not)

Well, this is maybe my final submission and maybe not. I'll see later when other people submit theirs :D
Seasons are: SPRING-SUMMER-AUTUMN-WINTER
The map (as you can see) is Winter.
Feedback please :)

Attachments

• Spring.jpg
    Spring.jpg
    918.7 KB · Views: 236
  • Summer.jpg
    Summer.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 254
  • Fall.jpg
    Fall.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 251
  • Winter.jpg
    Winter.jpg
    900.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Wintermap.w3x
    4.8 MB · Views: 65
Level 9
haha yeah before goblin whips us all out of terraining. but anyway even though its kinda late for comments much better goblin i think you should have a sideways rays of light doodad behind the sun so it has rays coming at you. other than that famous has already said. well gj. c'mon people be patiant its only the 30th its not like its december just 15 days. oh and belg better but still not great i think the winter is the best or fall but spring and summer if you look on the right side you see the end of the world you should see a forest. and the forest on the right looks ... odd.

oh and goblin its "guess" not "guest" sorry this was killing me and my brother does the same thing other than that you have better english than me and its my native language :D.

I can imagine, I spent around 15-25 minutes on each :/

You participated and you'll surely get some credit for your terrain. That's the upside. :p

I personally just don't like the idea that much. It seems a bit plain.

Airhead said:
haha yeah before goblin whips us all out of terraining.

Don't be too sure. This is anyone's game and someone can still come in at the last moment and take the gold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.