1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sunken Ruins Tower Defense v1.30

Submitted by UreDe4D
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Sunken Ruins TD is a Tower Defense with a slightly different economy system compared to common TDs.

In addition to getting gold from creep kills and on round starts, you also have a base to gather gold and wood. Each base has 2 Gold mines and 3 trees.

Plundership
This base is occasionally attacked by a plundership and has to be defended separately. Each race has a unique defender unit. Regular towers cannot be built at your base.

In the regular mode the ship will attack 4 times with increasing difficulty and your defender has 3 upgrades. For the first wave you just need your defender and maybe some micro management. For each following wave you research the next upgrade. An optional aura upgrade at your base helps you defend successfully.

In extreme plunder mode the ship is faster and attacks endlessly, but your workers also gather more gold.
You can also build a special tower to help defend your base and a stronghold to upgrade your defender with abilities. In this mode you have two upgrade possibilities with several levels, one for more damage and one for armor/HP.

There are two wave modes:
Continuous: Creeps spawn every 60 seconds
Wave by wave: The counter for the next wave starts when the number of creeps is smaller than or equal to number of players. The time between waves gets shorter later in the game. Also if you drag out the game to gather more gold, creeps will get more and more HP over time in this mode, so kill them fast.

Other features:
- defeat can be disabled: there is a simple scoring system in the game, go for a high score without fear of loosing, good score is determined by number of towers sold (if you misplace you can kill them with your builder instead to still get full score), number of lives lost and number of workers lost
- kill counter for towers
- fuckoff system
- currently 14 different races from different genres (including Galactic Empire, Forces of Oblivion, Cult of the Damned, Dragons, Gambler, Warhammer, ... ), which require different levels of skill and tactics.

- all buildings can no longer attack other buildings
- changed fuckoff ability to kill your own towers to play for full score, workers can no longer attack towers
- reworked the terrain to shorten the creep path for the upper three players a little
- changed "off-path" areas to not being buildable
- added a portal at creep spawn locations to make them more obvious
- reworked no-build zones
- fixed some leaks
- removed first waypoint for blue and teal for ground units
- moved the third tree closer to the mines in all bases

Balance Changes:
- Chainswords can no longer attack air
- Zombies can no longer attack air

added "Charm" ability to Queen of Pain, allowing her to slow enemy ground units
added text when game difficulty increases in Wave by Wave mode
reworked Cult of the damned race:
- added Apprentice Necromancer, which has weaker versions of necromancers spells
- Unholy Frenzy can no longer be cast on other necromancers or itself
- all other undead units now have more base damage but slower base attack speed
- added a slow ability for ghouls (unlocks with ghoul frenzy)

Balance Changes:
changed cost for Hellfire Destroyer to 240 Gold (down from 270)
changed cost of Dreadlord to 300 Gold/ 1 Lumber (was 330 Gold/ 0 Lumber)
added Devils Aura (reduces Armor) to Devil
Changed damage type of Space Marine with Rocket Launchers AA Attack and Dreadnought with Rocketlaunchers AA Attack to Magic
Dreadnoughts now additionally cost 1 Lumber

other changes:
some hotkey changes
builders are no longer allowed to enter the space near the outside bases
Units now have more fitting names

Credits for models:
Mechanical Man, Minimage, Fingolfin, Illidan(Evil)X, Xazuki,Olof Moleman, Tim., Voodoo-u2, Rightfield, th15, snorky, Nasrudin, alfredx_sotn, -Grendel, PeeKay, Tarrasque, Burning_Dragoon5
(In case i forgot somone, tell me and i will add them of course)
Previews
Contents

Sunken Ruins Tower Defense v1.30 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Summon Skeleton Archer doens't have the E hotkey as in its title. Or it does but Abomination also has it. Maybe you could work more on the terrain. It's too plain and uninviting. Even some dystopias look nicer. Kind of sucks to have units named...
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Summon Skeleton Archer doens't have the E hotkey as in its title. Or it does but Abomination also has it.
    2. Maybe you could work more on the terrain. It's too plain and uninviting. Even some dystopias look nicer.
    3. Kind of sucks to have units named Level[number of current wave].
    4. I don't get what's Fuckoff for when you have Sell? Also, what's with the name?
    5. You can't build regular towers here (mine base). But then how did I build two anyway, right near the mill? Why should I even be able to teleport the tower builder there then?
    6. Temple of the Damned and Skeleton Mage have the same hotkey: R.
    7. Kel'thuzad!? Anyway, don't use hero models for units because they have no death animations and the bodies remain on the ground.
    8. On the Zombie, the Skeleton Archer isn't properly placed after the Skeleton Mage but between Attack and Stop.
    9. The defender has attack and armour slots but how to fill them? You can't. They're just there for no reason. Upgrades act differently on defenders.
    10. Also check on other units because their next tower upgrade is placed between Attack and Stop.
    Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

2. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks for the review, some comments on your points:

1. Summon Skeleton Archer doens't have the E hotkey as in its title. Or it does but Abomination also has it. -> OK, will take care of that in next update
    2. Maybe you could work more on the terrain. It's too plain and uninviting. Even some dystopias look nicer. - > Well it's a TD, it was not my main priority, but ok, i might give it a few tweaks
    3. Kind of sucks to have units named Level[number of current wave]. -> noted
    4. I don't get what's Fuckoff for when you have Sell? Also, what's with the name? -> it's for when someone builds in your area and you dont want him to, hence the name
    5. You can't build regular towers here (mine base). But then how did I build two anyway, right near the mill? Why should I even be able to teleport the tower builder there then? -> how DID you do it?, but ok, i will adapt the system, so far noone was able to do that :)
    6. Temple of the Damned and Skeleton Mage have the same hotkey: R. -> OK, will take care of that in next update
    7. Kel'thuzad!? Anyway, don't use hero models for units because they have no death animations and the bodies remain on the ground. -> You don't like Kel'Thuzad? noted :D
    8. On the Zombie, the Skeleton Archer isn't properly placed after the Skeleton Mage but between Attack and Stop. -> the upgrade position is linked to the tower position in the build menu, some some of them are bound to end up between the attack and stop button, i will think about rearranging the build menu from bottom to top instead of from top to bottom, maybe then this could be avoided
    9. The defender has attack and armour slots but how to fill them? You can't. They're just there for no reason. Upgrades act differently on defenders. -> if you play ultimate plunder mode they are used
    10. Also check on other units because their next tower upgrade is placed between Attack and Stop. -> see point 8

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, saw that after writing this. Forgot to remove it. Sorry.

But, it'd be better to just leave the numbers not the whole sentences with them when replying.

4. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map has been updated to Version 1.10
    I had a lot of issues due to blizzards patches, but i think i finally have a working version again. please report any problems!

5. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    updated to Version 1.20

6. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    updated to version 1.30 this time less of a balance update, but to improve play-ability by making things a little more obvious, and also sadly, to prevent people from killing each others towers