• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken Ruins

Reactions: deepstrasz
This is a small 1v1 Map.
- Tileset: Sunken ruins ( hence the name ).
- Default: Small sandstorm.
- Neutral buildings: 2 Goblin Merchants , 1 Fountain of Health and 1 Goblin Laboratory, 2 taverns and 3 goldmines.
- 6 Green Creep camps ( 3by3) , 8 Orange creep camps ( 3by3) , 2 red creep camps ( 1by1) .
- Players starting locations are top left and bottom right
- Taverns close by for each of the players.
- each player has 2 green creep camps near the main bases which are easy and the reward is not that great
- Each player has 1 orange hydra camp near the main base.
-Moving to the middle there are 2 shops on opposite sides guarded by centaurs. Also there is a exposed goldmine which is hard to defend if attempted ( Having 10000 gold compared to the 12500 in the main bases.
- In the bottom left and top right corners there are 2 easy green camp ( for each of the corners ) , 2 hard orange-red creep camp with the highest item value ( for each of the corners ) and 2 goldmine expansion with 12.5k gold guarded by an orange creep camp.
-Note: This map Is very small and the games usually dont last long time.
Have fun , tested out and let me know what u think .
Best regards Bojan P.
Previews
Contents

Sunken Ruins (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Not perfectly symmetrical but nice. You could do some triggering to randomize the wind's appearance. Approved. ============================================= Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules) These will help make...
Level 22
The map is ok, nothing special, but still good, but i have a few suggestions:
-If you plan to improve your description not only on this, but on future maps too this may help you:
Description Guide - Melee Maps
-Change or delete the first screen shot to something else
-Look i know you want to make this is quick map, but you must add at least 2 more goldmines for each player to have an expansion. The player who clears the center will get attacked after he cleared 2 red camps and will get destroyed.
-I don't think there is a need for 2 taverns, even it will be better if you remove them and add the 2 goldmines i mentioned in their place. There just aren't enough resources to to allow so much heroes and to constantly revive them.
-The player on the top side of the map will get shredders and the player on the bottom will get a fountain. I think that the player with the shredders will get a bigger advantage since he will get wood faster and not to mention the zeppelins and sappers. The fountain is good, but since we won't have long battles i think it should be replaced with a goblin laboratory
-And finally you can just not attack the other creeps in the center, build a main base and just mine freely. I think you should add some creeps to guard the mine. Also make the 2 red camps in the center to orange ones to compensate.
3/5 from me

Last edited:
Level 8
The map is ok, nothing special, but still good, but i have a few suggestions:
-If you plan to improve your description not only on this, but on future maps too this may help you:
Description Guide - Melee Maps
-Change or delete the first screen shot to something else
-Look i know you want to make this is quick map, but you must add at least 2 more goldmines for each player to have an expansion. The player who clears the center will get attacked after he cleared 2 red camps and will get destroyed.
-I don't think there is a need for 2 taverns, even it will be better if you remove them and add the 2 goldmines i mentioned in their place. There just aren't enough resources to to allow so much heroes and to constantly revive them.
-The player on the top side of the map will get shredders and the player on the bottom will get a fountain. I think that the player with the shredders will get a bigger advantage since he will get wood faster and not to mention the zeppelins and sappers. The fountain is good, but since we won't have long battles i think it should be replaced with a goblin laboratory
-And finally you can just not attack the other creeps in the center, build a main base and just mine freely. I think you should add some creeps to guard the mine. Also make the 2 red camps in the center to orange ones to compensate.
I think the map is good, 3/5 from me
thats why u guys are here, ill update it till tomorrow check it out in 24h again :)

Level 22
Played it again:
- You may want to update your description
- I still think a tavern isn't needed. I think you should replace it with a goblin laboratory or something else, but it's your choice.
I will increase my rating to 4/5

Last edited:
Level 11
nice melee ;) the style of the terrain is look like a death match

-you should improve your description just write map info, changelog - if you have an update of your map so that players will know the changes of your map, credits - if you have use an import models
-the gameplay is good. it will take only a short time to defeat your opponent but some reason there's no fountain
-reason without fountain - you can easily destroy the opponent you didn't need to expand your base. just go to the opponent base and destroy it because their heroes and units will not get heal once you kill their healers
-i think there's no need a tavern in this game
-change the tavern into a fountain of health so that players can heal there and also add 3 or 4 creeps there around the fountain its up to you how many you want
-the terrain is good, the style is well-arranged
==============================================================

If you want a better description this will help you:

How to add screenshots:

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Not much wrong with this map. For my personal liking, this map is slightly too small. but I know other players prefer smaller maps, so I wont hold that against this map. I think the look with the "brick" paths works out surprisingly well.

Some minor suggestions for finetuning:
-If you creep the spider crabs, you will get to lvl 2 with this single spot if there is a tome of experience. Wont matter at lower skilllevels, but can be gamechanging at higher level of play.
-At the northeast shop, there is a path for units through the forest behind it.
-Once the three green camps of each player are gone, the brown green camps might be a bit too tough. There are no camps with a combined creep level in the range of 10 to 17.
-Is there a reason for having creeps at the starting locations? It's a two player maps, they will be removed at the start of the game anyway.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not perfectly symmetrical but nice.
You could do some triggering to randomize the wind's appearance.

Approved.

=============================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!