• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken Ruins

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I would begin by thanking you that pressed on my map (and hopefully the download button later on). I'm very new to create these kinds of maps and is my first publicsed.

History:
How it all began, it's actully was not something i wanted to complete, it was only but a test, I have never created a real sunken temple map, so for this test of mine I thougth it might be a good idea to use these textures. However i always cramped together rooms and all other kinds of spaces and now i wanted to test if i could brake that chain. Then as more and more of the map began to unfold, I came to love it, each new part i devoted my self utterly and completly to it not stoping until it was finished. And later on as the map began looking better and better, I thought to my self, i might even turn this to the art teacher. So yet again i began creating with renewd vigor, to get an MVG(+) on this project of mine.

What is this map really?
If you know the words King of the Hill and have played some WoW Battlegrounds you might recognize yourself. You begin at each of the north corners of the map with your 2 of your friends for a total of 3, 1 Base (Red,Blue), 2 Heros(Teal and Purple,Yellow and Orange) per team. Red/Blue can capture CPs(Control Points) that gives money every 20 seconds(100 or 200 gold). With these resources you create an army to capture and hold the throne room for 3 minutes then you win. If any CP is lost before they produce money you will have to recapture and wait another 20seconds for your money.

Credits:
Well it goes to me and my brother who tested out and created the triggers, Magamdy (I used some of his idea to create the hero cam) and again to me for creating the map.

Things to think of when writing comments:
You migth remember that im going to turn this in as a art project so i need you write as much as you can not just, good map 4/5. Also i need you to point out what i can do better and continue with so i can create better maps in the future.

Don't forget to press the download button.

Notice:This map is not 100% finished

Keywords:
Sunken, temple, Ruins, ancient, King of the Hill
Contents

Sunken Ruins (Map)

Reviews
15:43, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: APprojet was quite clear on this, use Epicwar to upload poor quality work, Rejected.

M

15:43, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
APprojet was quite clear on this, use Epicwar to upload poor quality work, Rejected.

Level 31
I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it to be Rejected because of it's game type abuse and unacceptable quality.

1. Template / Terrain type of map? I wouldn't say so. You added much of your own stuff that is not a feature of Template / Terrain.
a) You edited map with Object Editor, added your own materials.
b) Trigger Editor work already exist.
c) You've already created the gameplay and you probably expect people to play it like you want.
2. Is this Template created for Hero Arena, AoS or something like Footman Wars, I have no idea, you tell me. Since you didn't, it's not a good point.
3. Map Description should be developed in better way.
4. I see this: Created by Pierre Lindgren; Uploaded by: Doomelf
You didn't notice users if it is your map, since names of uploader and creator is different. If you stole the map, it's against the site rules if you don't have the permission to upload it. You must notice us.
5. Terrain and Environment art is lacking. This point is the main thing into which people should look firstly after downloading your map. There are many spots, many places and roads, ramps that are out of doodads, it looks awful. The bigger part of map contains with only 1-2 ground variations of Terrain Palette. Entire map is massively spammed with Pillars and Obelisks. Two parts where supposed to be forest or jungle is terribly developed. All I saw there was stones and trees. No bushes or different variation trees. It looks ugly especially when you look at the edge of the map. I didn't see a shadows there, I believe you edited Map Boundaries and I would say, you removed it. Best solution to solve it would be to make players to do not see the edge of map. Add something that wouldn't allow plays to reach the edge, trees, cliffs or even water. Waterfalls looks bad too. Many of them makes no sense, since water comes out from the wall without any hole and especially when the beginning of flooding water begins over the textures of object from which it supposed to run out.

Conclusion:
The impression of this map is like not finished work of AoS or Hero Arena map. The only thing that makes me think that it supposed to be a Terrain Template is that map is absolutely empty - nothing else. You tell people in the description at THW to add stuff like this or that, you think people want to download your resource to finish the work you didn't end?

Level 31
wow so harsh why not giving this guy a chance like putting 2/5 anyway its his first real sunken ruin map

Making first projects do not gives you a permission to upload low quality resources. My review wasn't harsh at all, you obviously haven't seen a harsh one yet. I will not rate it 2/5, since this resource do not deserves it. Fixing these five point of my review, my rating might increase for sure.

Level 2
Going Away

Im putting this map away the 20 may. And APproject, I do got a real name not just Doomelf. How wierd it would be if I would say this to people Hello I'm mr.elf, doomelf (If you get my drift). When I reupload it, you will be able to find it in risk/strategy because I think that migth be the closest thing.

Level 31
wow so harsh why not giving this guy a chance like putting 2/5 anyway its his first real sunken ruin map

That review is not harsh, it was precise and exact. Learn to distinguish the difference between precise and harsh.

Im putting this map away the 20 may. And APproject, I do got a real name not just Doomelf. How wierd it would be if I would say this to people Hello I'm mr.elf, doomelf (If you get my drift). When I reupload it, you will be able to find it in risk/strategy because I think that migth be the closest thing.

Use update function if you have improve the work, re-upload it are rules violation.

Level 31

If you wish people to know your real name, it's okay, but firstly, you must notice us that it is you.

Deleting map and reuploading the same with some fixes is against the site rules. You must UPDATE the old version with new one if you don't want to meet the judgement of moderators. It could probably cause map rejection and negative reputation points.