• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 MAJOR Editor Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can barely read the text on that image with the assets list.
Thanks for delving into this kantarion.

[/USER] hey, try extracting some of those files. Are they actually Reforged assets and not the Classic models from the Warcraft III dependencies pack?
Although your selection was on a Reforged Blademaster, however there are two Blademaster types in SCII I could access with the editor, the Classic version (+fel/chaos and Grom models) and the 2010/SCII version.

i cant see model files yet.Just textures. Y theres already heroblademaster war3hd sc2 one.
But reforged texture is named heroblademaster_reforged_main_diff .....

Reforged one is white bearded too...So...

I dont know to me is more clear now. This aint porting whole wc3 to sc2 as our new homeland.

Inside old files you could find Heroes of The Storm Jaina and Dragonfly War3HD textures and models.

Now they are adding Reforged textures.

So i am sure it is another Sc2 MOD, thats all.

- However i leave an open possibility that they made again sort of handpaint pack and now they are calculating what model is better : 1.Reforged 2.War3HD new models

When they pick Reforged model, they clean it from noise, paint over a bit so model doesnt loose details and they are ready to go. Because in that way art is consistant and blends with handpaint models.

If you ask me personally= i would never use that reforged blademaster, sc2 is more fitting for wc3....no matter of polygons and such a stuff...i dont care if it has 20k polys...its ugly..thats all xD

The only way i would use it is to modify the sculpt files,and set proportions again...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
But reforged texture is named heroblademaster_reforged_main_diff .....
It's a mistake. Maybe they had the Reforged idea from back then or something. The Reforged Blademaster is the SCII one.

blademasterA.png
blademasterC.png
Blademaste.png

On second thought... you're right:
blademasterCd.png

Last edited:
It's a mistake. Maybe they had the Reforged idea from back then or something. The Reforged Blademaster is the SCII one.

Ye...its a mistake,confirmed. it doesnt have Wa3R prefix like altar of storms and altar of kings.

So..its just a mod.

But what about Doodads/Outland/trees/war3hd_outland_mushroom_tree.m3

Edited.Found a right path

Level 5
So i am sure it is another Sc2 MOD, thats all.

thats the right path
Edit 1:
I was seeing the models but of course, this is m3, but its quality is like War 3, very interesting. The vertices are not so many compared to an .mdx model that they are less heavy.
There is hope we might get the games together:

I think they are doing their best, so that the game engine works with m3 and mdl it could be feasible, it would make the cinematics viable and the community resources would not be lost.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Yes they originally planned to remaster many Warcraft III assets for the Warcraft III mod on top of complete data to recreate most Warcraft III things. However due to a lack of resources they only remastered a very few key models, such as the primary heroes.

I think the original scope was to remaster all key faction units and some key neutral units. However for obvious reasons this was not trivial and the art team did not have the resources to make all these models and the models needed by the SC2 expansions. Like wise for the data they had to work on the campaign data and Heroes of the Storm (which was still part of SC2, not sure if this was around that time or not).

Level 5
I think the original scope was to remaster all key faction units and some key neutral units. However for obvious reasons this was not trivial and the art team did not have the resources to make all these models and the models needed by the SC2 expansions. Like wise for the data they had to work on the campaign data and Heroes of the Storm (which was still part of SC2, not sure if this was around that time or not).

I still remember the promise of Heroes of Storm and its Map Editor. Wow that time passed, I still have the first Diablo model of this game but hey, Blizzard left that community forgotten.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I think they are doing their best, so that the game engine works with m3 and mdl it could be feasible, it would make the cinematics viable and the community resources would not be lost.
Either they can make an auto .mdx/.mdl to .m3 as well as a .blp to .dds converter or they have to make the Classic Warcraft III art file extensions compatible which now they aren't from what I can see.
Yes they originally planned to remaster many Warcraft III assets for the Warcraft III mod on top of complete data to recreate most Warcraft III things. However due to a lack of resources they only remastered a very few key models, such as the primary heroes.
No, it was a mistake from me. The blademaster that has Reforged in its name is actually the one from Reforged, as mentioned afterwards when I edited.

But yeah, about the HD versions, I guess that was the plan back then. But as you can see on some heroes, they have a star on them because they were thinking of Blizzard Allstars (like DotA Allstars) which ultimately became its own game HotStorm and left the mapping territory of SCII.
Imagine Heroes of the Storm having map editor xD with all those sc2 recent features . Kek. Where would you go sc2 or hots ?
Well, obviously HotStorm probably has more complex skill systems but it depends on how easy the editor will be to use. Currently I'm having headaches trying to make or edit one SCII spell to make it have what effects and behaviours I desire. Because otherwise, I'd had to resort to triggering like in Warcraft III and that would be more time consuming and harder to do for MUI.

Level 8
SC2 reforged when?
These features haven't been implemented yet and you already want the removed?

They have no interest to compete against themselves.
Don't they thought? Sometimes i feel like the logic is the following:
1) you didin't like reforged, we added wc3 to sc2 why don't you try it?
2) You liked it? So why don't you try core game then?
3) Maybe if you liked that one too why don't you consider cusomizing you visuals and giving yourself a bit of personality by purchasing somes skins and stuff?
(yes I know it sounds like a crazy conspiracy)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Some quality of life improvements needed for the SCII editor:
-duplicating object data should create a perfect copy
-deleting/removing such a copy should give the option for the removal of all its links, not just the object part you're currently on, e.g. ability, leaving copied actors, effects and whatnot still in their respective categories

As well as some explanations of what things are/do. I'm getting migraines from trying to figure out all the events, behaviour, effect, whatnot options, their role, connection possibilities, properties.
There are some user made tutorials but those don't explain why that and not the other and so on.

Last edited:
I like these changes personally, this patch is pretty neat, its definitely weird but in a good way. ive spent about 8-9 years playing with galaxy editor on and off, as well as the warcraft3 editor for even longer, at the same time sometimes, side by side, its changed alot, they both have, I never dreamed of wc3 map conversions into sc2 that's pretty hilarious and perhaps silly to try but neat in theory I guess maybe? good for the future of star craft 2 for things like tree tag perhaps as well as others.

Im still hoping for somebody smart enough to make the entire sc2 campaign multiplayer -- even if its just incorporating the archon mode function -- 2 player slots for all those campaign missions? re-play ability? with new friends/first timers on sc2? a fifth level of difficulty above brutal to insane? New campaign units? New surprise racial unit bosses to mess with you? who knows???

I screamed form excitement when I saw this lmao. I always thought Sc2 editor would be so much better if it was just simpler to use.

there are a few settings and buttons to click that can make reading it and disphering more easy, very specifically the button known as ''view raw data'' set to ([{OFF!!!}]) if your a not a galaxy master. there are about 4 others like that as well.

Wow, nice, interesting. I don't get it. Do they want to lure wc3 mapmakers to sc2 or something ? I wonder what their plans are. This is really weird imo ) almost feels like sc2 team wants to troll wc3 team, lol

lol yea they probably do, I don't doubt your right in some ways. why not bring everybody together! remasters for every thing/every one/every where. im down with it lol

I didn't pursue SC2 modding for two reasons:

1. Can you add skies now? Back then SC2 only has boring black sky, I can't add skies for cinematics and scenic shots (I can't see the sky in the editor).
2. I can't convert assets to SC2. How do you convert WC3 assets to SC2? I went to alot of threads and websites back then looking for a tool that can convert .mdx to .md2 format but I had no luck - I had no luck using custom assets for SC2. (It doesn't really matter if the model doesn't/will not have animations, the units in SC2 are enough already I just want to port unanimated terraining assets like Stones and Sword to SC2. Also it shouldn't be hard reskinning SC2 Warcraft III assets since both classic WC3 texture and SC2 Warcraft III diffuse textures are the same, I think I don't even need to convert it to .dds since Reforged assets are all in .dds format now).

If I can do both now then I might leave WC3 modding entirely and move to SC2. I had that game for a very long time but never played it again after playing the campaign.

yes there is still issues with some sky boxes, they are called sky boxes but they are actually more the shape of spheres, you can view them in trigger based cameras pointing up, or you can sometimes view them in the cut scene editor, sometimes they don't show up there (in the cut scene editor) however so you need to use the in-game camera method to see them, but there are also ''parallax'' things which are like layers of ''water'' but for the map underneath which can be energy or a city with flying traffic, there are alot of them, or they can be turned off entirely, they (the parallax objects) are not for viewing up they are for viewing down (unlike sky boxes which are for looking up as well as down and sideways too), some of the nebula sky boxes and some of the darker star field sky boxes would do you good, I don't remember the names of all of them, but I think one was called ''Braxis Night Sky'' which has nice stars and not too much extra other then stars, since the ''planet'' ''braxis'' is added as a parallax model, as is the asteroids and the blue alien sun, with them, its perfect for your needs, as far as night sky is concerned.

for the day time, there is one that is made to look like a gas giants surface, or ''city in the clouds'' and again while the parallax model makes the place look hideously orange and gaseous and actually lowers ur frame rate to look at, the sky box its self, how ever, known as ''skyigar lab hybrid gas-giant'' looks not unlike the warcraft 3 sky box known as ''dawn''

as for ''cloudy'' or ''sky blue'' sky boxes im afraid you'll likely need to make one if thats what you're looking for, I searched for ones like that, but did not find any. there are some dark grey ones, for the xel'naga temple missions which are originally built for underground missions but would look good with rain, if you wanted a dark sky. there is even a green one for the ''char'' acid pools level. there are alot to choose from.

as far as changing sky boxes via triggers for day night cycles is concerned, im not gona tell you its impossible, and im not gona tell you it is either. I haven't figured that one out yet. I think it is. I hope it is. I know you can change map lightning via trigger.

your second issue, converting wc3 assets to sc2 assets, is possible, just takes alot of time, it is kind of fun for me to do, but would probably be hard for you (and others), so i've been doing it passively myself for a little while, you can always say hello on the galaxy editor discord if you have questions, sometimes it takes a bit to get an answer. but be warned 3ds max is a beastly beast.

there is no ''one tool'' nice as that sounds (I wish), its a process, of changing something old, to have some new types of data inside them, and you need to rename some things, and you need to delete some things as well. its actually easier to convert a world of warcraft model (m2) then it is to convert warcraft3 models (mdx) in some ways, sometimes warcraft3 models simply crash and close down your 3ds max preventing it from happening (I am still unsure how to always fix that)

I use alot of warcraft3 model editing tools as well, beleive it or not, to assist in conversions, such as sequences and start/end frame numbers. I cant speak to you on particles, I haven't gotten that far yet, but I hope you reconsider

= )

Anyone have a test map with the Data Collections/Warcraft 3 stuff setup. Would be greatly appreciated.

there was something on starcraft2 mapster called ''vampirism fire'' which has everything you would need.

Blizzard needs to make an RTS engine independant of their own Battle.net games, like Unreal Engine, so developers can license it and produce games.

I love this idea. you are a smart one. blizzard, you listening? lol we wana make you the next cnc lul but with the umba sc2 engine

does sc2 editor support non-GUI languages like jass or lua?

uhhh.... im not actually sure. im sorry. it might? I haven't found that button? yet? that might not be a thing. looked for it, just now, didn't find it though so probably not. maybe.

another question, I'm new to starcraft 2 map making, how to access the ptr? I started the editor but there's no new features

in your battle net client window where you click ''play'' there is a button with the region you play in (Americas/EU/Asia) you may think its convoluted logic but in this case you need to change your country region from asia to ptr lol -- like LazZ said.

as far as new stuff, yea, there is def new stuff, im still exploring.

That's basically what I meant with poorly documented Editor :p

to be fair, they have improved upon that, all-be-it slowly, you can mouse your cursor over things for hints, and after 9 years i've noticed that number of hints increase over time, and yes 9 years is too long, and yes when WoL came out that number of hints was really, really small, but im still glad to see new ''hints'' here and there. though I do agree there could have been more of them sooner.

as for objects randomly disappearing, That has something to due with too many lights/particle emitters on the map at one time, or too many in one place, at least that is one way of artificially creating that error I managed to find. I wonder if that can be fixed eventually. I too was made sad by that one, but, ever since the update about 2 months ago I've noticed that has decreased in percent chance of happening by a significant amount. though you are not wrong about that being ''bad''.

Over all Im glad with these changes for sc2, im not sure if that bodes well for wc3, but perhaps they are planning a seamless merging of the 2, like command and conquer remastered, with command and conquer, plus command and conquer red alert, 2 games maintained at the same time. perhaps these are good changes for wc3 as well, showing attention to its updates. but the most important thing to (most) [I think] players, {in my opinion} is stability, disconnects, bad. low player base, bad. lag, bad. units models disappearing? bad. crashes, bad.

as long as they can improve on quality of life issues, and fix of all that kind of stuff, I say give them a chance, im optimistic.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
@deepstrasz I must say those models have variety indeed unlike in classic where they are simply recolored variants of each other
The HD Warcraft III asset varieties are also just recolours, sadly. We'll see what they'll do in the future. For instance you can see in the link I posted before that all succubi are armoured but have a different skin colour. Well, in The Frozen Throne, there are less armoured succubi too:
succub.png
Of course in SCII there's also a green one which means more skin variety. Same goes with the other demons that have green as a bonus now.

It would be amazing if they could create even more variety like with Reforged, but in the style of SCII.

Im still hoping for somebody smart enough to make the entire sc2 campaign multiplayer -- even if its just incorporating the archon mode function
There's a start:
Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Coop

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
The HD Warcraft III asset varieties are also just recolours, sadly. We'll see what they'll do in the future. For instance you can see in the link I posted before that all succubi are armoured but have a different skin colour. Well, in The Frozen Throne, there are less armoured succubi too:

I mean at least the recolor was done separately for each uhh bone, unlike in Classic where the Rogue was literally just an Enforcer with a blue splash job

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
@LazZ to reply to your YouTube comment.

You can convert Warcraft III maps like so:
convLegacy.png

I haven't been able to convert RoC ones (getting crashes and stuff) and no custom ones, only melee. They should also have a max of 128x128 in size.
Brood War ones don't have cliffs but raised terrain or are just totally black with only resources and start location positioning.

Attached the converted TfT Bandit Ridge I showcased in the video I uploaded some time ago.

Attachments

• Bandit Ridge (converted TfT map).SC2Map
    1 MB · Views: 68
@LazZ to reply to your YouTube comment.

You can convert Warcraft III maps like so:

I haven't been able to convert RoC ones (getting crashes and stuff) and no custom ones, only melee. They should also have a max of 128x128 in size.
Brood War ones don't have cliffs but raised terrain or are just totally black with only resources and start location positioning.

Attached the converted TfT Bandit Ridge I showcased in the video I uploaded some time ago.
Oh wow that's amazing. I didn't think you just converted a WC3 map. Neat.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Oh wow that's amazing. I didn't think you just converted a WC3 map. Neat.
Yeah, it's a slow process though, doodads take the most time to be converted.

More feedback on the Warcraft III stuff:
-mines have to be entangled by the Tree of Life when a melee map starts
-moon well mana bar looks purple like the energy bar
-autocast Replenish Mana and Life doesn't seem to work for mana
-Wisps cannot be ordered to build an ancient type building during a normal building construction process
-when the Glaive Thrower attacks->Missile target below ground; adjusting target position to surface
-another hero of the same type can be trained after upgrading the main building; actually you can train how many heroes you want after reaching the last/third tier
-the Warden shrinks before the Blink FX on the model appears; it looks weird
-Ancient Protectors can't attack air in rooted mode but can in uprooted as they are practically shooting boulders instead of being melee; they can't turn in rooted mode
-the Corrossive Breath projectile looks weird
-Huntress glaives look different, bulkier
-lightning attack projectiles look weird (e.g. Chimaera's), too thin, almost not visible; it also has a fire impact FX
-the dog's portrait isn't properly centered
-starting resources aren't enough to build an altar, a barracks and a burrows
-there are two Upgrade to Spike Barricades; also can't queue all upgrade types. For instance weapons and armours yes but not barricades after them; first those have to finish; similarly with the Pillage and main building upgrade; sometimes another upgrade doubles, like Upgrade to Steel Unit Armour; at least you can't research it two times but every upgrade after that is doubled, well, at least visually
-the orcs are missing their catapult/Demolisher although the Burning Oil upgrade is there
-the Troll Headhunter/Berserker projectile stays a little on the target before it disappears
-the Spirit Walker is also missing but not the upgrades
-Pillage could show resources gained as text
-Lightning Shield FX is attached somewhere around the calves instead of the waist and it looks smaller than the target model's horizontal size
-blight looks like creep
-undead don't start with a Haunted Mine
-Gargoyle Stone Form doesn't appear on them
-the Burrow regeneration bonus starts before the Crypt Fiend is actually underground
-Shade's True Sight icon looks weird
-the same error when shooting as with the Glaive Thrower. Also, the Meat Wagon's projectile doesn't have an arc anymore. I assume this is for all siege units
-fun fact is that you can have multiple autocast abilities on (Obsidian Statue)
-Destroyer Form doesn't appear on the Obsidian Statue
-Curse is autocast on neutral units e.g. sheep :D
-the Cripple FX is barely visible
-Disease Clouds shot from Meat Wagons have a life bar; the expiration one is good though
-Banshee's projectile should come from the mouth not from the right side/superior limb
-Crypt Fiend's projectile might return somewhere else or go forward indefinitely
-Call to Arms is grayed out if you don't upgrade to Keep
-Spell Steal doesn't work. It acts like Abolish Magic; no friendly unit receives the bonus from the enemy
-of course the new Warcraft III melee abilities aren't implemented like Sundering Blades, the new Orb of Fire, Unholy Frenzy, Ritual Dagger, so on

Last edited:
Level 20

A lot of the models that were redone were ones that used the Billboarding function, most prominently on the Blademaster's beads, but also on things like the Satyr and Felguard weapons, or flat objects like the Eredar Warlock's collar.

The crazy thing is occasionally there were completely new color schemes for the new guys along with them, like there's an actual GREEN Demoness and Eredar Warlock in there (not aqua blue like Archimonde).

Level 14
This to me sounds like...

"Hmmm, you know what we should do? We should let players do maps from which we may get new game genres again. Remember how the MOBA genre started with wc3 dota? And look at how Teamfight Tactics, a new genre also appeared from a mod and became popular and a good get more money opportunity.

Maybe we should focus on giving people tools to explore new genres which we as big companies cannot afford to risk, maybe it will turn out for us and we will get ahead on the next big thing".

Otherwise, I am really happy for their changes. I am curios now if there are any medieval models available for sc2.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Otherwise, I am really happy for their changes. I am curios now if there are any medieval models available for sc2.
If you mean custom ones, I don't know, really, most map makers used ripped WoW models as far as I know.
But now, you have all the original Warcraft III models and HD versions of some of them.
Plus, from what I can gather, they are porting Reforged assets to SCII from .mdx to .m3 format as there are the Blademaster and the Outland trees in there and I don't think they're only meant as a test.

Level 14
If you mean custom ones, I don't know, really, most map makers used ripped WoW models as far as I know.
But now, you have all the original Warcraft III models and HD versions of some of them.

Wait, you mean you have reforged models into sc2 now? And you can use them to make a medieval fantasy map?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Wait, you mean you have reforged models into sc2 now? And you can use them to make a medieval fantasy map?
It's better you read the patch notes and play with the PTR for yourself. Or just read this thread. We've posted about this, images and whatnot.
I've edited the post above. Currently there are only a few Reforged models in but we have the classic/standard models, all of them as well as some HD versions akin to those released/showcased in 2010 with Wings of Liberty.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Look how warcraft 3 proportions are evolving....or better say devolving..hesus hernando christo....
The one in the middle is fine. Note that when I took the screenshot the model animation was playing so the model wasn't quite standing but in the process of crouching or so.
Are you sure there are other Reforged models? I haven't found any other than those I mentioned.

The one in the middle is fine. Note that when I took the screenshot the model animation was playing so the model wasn't quite standing but in the process of crouching or so.
Are you sure there are other Reforged models? I haven't found any other than those I mentioned.

By models i ment human altar and orc altar. buildings..You provided a scren already xD but theres no other unit models besides blademaster...

They are building a mod,or its just a test.

But outland mushroom is huge hint for a handpainted pack like we saw 2015...

Or not,or its just random older file they put now out of the pocket.

But i am 100% sure they aint gonna port whole game there... Its either test or new asset mod 2020 xD

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
By models i ment human altar and orc altar... but theres no other unit models besides blademaster...
Oh, those weren't HD versions of the standard ones? They are reforged, the altars? What about the other doodads whose pictures I posted, the wall, gate, plants, green tree?
But outland mushroom is huge hint for a handpainted pack like we saw 2015...
But the Outland mushroom trees are Reforged models, are they not?

Oh, those weren't HD versions of the standard ones? They are reforged, the altars? What about the other doodads whose pictures I posted, the wall, gate, plants, green tree?

But the Outland mushroom trees are Reforged models, are they not?

-The wall, gate, plants, green tree? Its 2015 assets (tree is even classic wc3 i think)

-Human Altar and Orc Altar is Reforged + unit blade master from Reforged

-Outland mushroom trees are not from reforged. They are newly added 2020,they didnt exist in 2015 assets...
By knowing this,you can start questioning,create theorys..predictions...

You got healthy logic by far as i know xD, give it a try..what will happen... 1.whole reforged port 2.just testings 3. sc2 mod updated with random assets aka mixture of handpaint 2015,realistic reforged + hots jaina,rexxar etc rofl.... (cause this is exactly whats inside casc storage right now)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
-Outland mushroom trees are not from reforged. They are newly added 2020,they didnt exist in 2015 assets...
Hmm, have you compared the textures and models with the Reforged ones or if any in HotStorm?
hots jaina,rexxar
Really!? What file format do HotStorm models and textures have? .m3 and .dds like those in SCII or .mdx and .dds like in Reforged?

You're right about Rexxar
800px-Rexxar_HotS_Art.jpg
rexxar.png

Although Jaina seems not to have any animations:
Jaina_HotS_Art.jpg
jaina.png

So, these, might indeed be tests. Hopefully more since it'd be a pain for fans to have to port the stuff when probably Blizz can do it faster and better.

Also Arthas with Frostmourne:
Arthas_Crown_Prince.jpg
arthasfrostmourne.png

OK, the Outland mushroom trees are not Reforged ones, but HD versions of the classic/standard ones. 20 versions, nifty:
outland01.png
outland02.png
outland03.png
outland04.png
outland05.png
outland06.png
outland07.png
outland08.png
outland09.png
outland10.png
outland11.png
outland12.png
outland13.png
outland14.png
outland15.png
outland16.png
outland17.png
outland18.png
outland19.png
outland20.png

HD summer Lordaeron trees (10 variations):
tree01.png
tree02.png
tree03.png
tree04.png
tree05.png
tree06.png
tree07.png
tree08.png
tree09.png
tree10.png

HD Lordaeron rock chunks (12 variations):
lordchuks01.png
lordchuks02.png
lordchuks03.png
lordchuks04.png
lordchuks05.png
lordchuks06.png
lordchuks07.png
lordchuks08.png
lordchuks09.png
lordchuks10.png
lordchuks11.png
lordchuks12.png

HD Stone Wall:
stonewall01.png
stonewall02.png
stonewall03.png
stonewall04.png
stonewall05.png

Some HD Outland doodads called Dirt Mix but they seem to have no textures. Wow, loads of plants. They really wanted to get creative with this:
outlandMix01.png
outlandMix02.png
outlandMix03.png
outlandMix04.png
outlandMix05.png
outlandMix06.png
outlandMix07.png
outlandMix08.png
outlandMix09.png
outlandMix10.png
outlandMix11.png
outlandMix12.png
outlandMix13.png
outlandMix14.png
outlandMix15.png
outlandMix16.png
outlandMix17.png
outlandMix18.png
outlandMix19.png
outlandMix20.png
outlandMix21.png
outlandMix22.png
outlandMix23.png
outlandMix24.png
outlandMix25.png
outlandMix26.png
outlandMix27.png

HD Outland Rock Mix; sadly no textures:
outlandRockMix01.png
outlandRockMix02.png
outlandRockMix03.png
outlandRockMix04.png
outlandRockMix05.png
outlandRockMix06.png

HD Outland Ruins Shrooms, although the HD is their texture as they don't have that many polygons:
outlandRuinsShrooms01.png
outlandRuinsShrooms02.png
outlandRuinsShrooms03.png
outlandRuinsShrooms04.png
outlandRuinsShrooms05.png

Look at this HD flower palette (14 variations); could use more colours though:
ruinsFlowers01.png
ruinsFlowers02.png
ruinsFlowers03.png
ruinsFlowers04.png
ruinsFlowers05.png
ruinsFlowers06.png
ruinsFlowers07.png
ruinsFlowers08.png
ruinsFlowers09.png
ruinsFlowers10.png
ruinsFlowers11.png
ruinsFlowers12.png
ruinsFlowers13.png
ruinsFlowers14.png

HD Shrubs; absolutely lovely! (11 types):
shrub01.png
shrub02.png
shrub03.png
shrub04.png
shrub05.png
shrub06.png
shrub07.png
shrub08.png
shrub09.png
shrub10.png
shrub11.png

There are two pit lord HD models, one named HeroPitlord and the other Pitlord. They are the same. There's also an HD version for Mannoroth.
At least the dreadlord has a tail :D

The gate, torch are also HD but they have no variations.
Man they were doing such a great and detailed job.

Last edited:
Level 3
I return to you now, at the turn of the tide.

These updates are significant, the engine upgrades seem like the work of a larger team. I would wager that blizzard is preparing it for another venture. Perhaps WC4.

Hmm, have you compared the textures and models with the Reforged ones or if any in HotStorm?

Really!? What file format do HotStorm models and textures have? .m3 and .dds like those in SCII or .mdx and .dds like in Reforged?

You're right about Rexxar

Although Jaina seems not to have any animations:

So, these, might indeed be tests. Hopefully more since it'd be a pain for fans to have to port the stuff when probably Blizz can do it faster and better.

Also Arthas with Frostmourne:

OK, the Outland mushroom trees are not Reforged ones, but HD versions of the classic/standard ones. 20 versions, nifty:

HD summer Lordaeron trees (10 variations):

HD Lordaeron rock chunks (12 variations):

HD Stone Wall:

Some HD Outland doodads called Dirt Mix but they seem to have no textures. Wow, loads of plants. They really wanted to get creative with this:

HD Outland Rock Mix; sadly no textures:

HD Outland Ruins Shrooms, although the HD is their texture as they don't have that many polygons:

Look at this HD flower palette (14 variations); could use more colours though:

HD Shrubs; absolutely lovely! (11 types):

There are two pit lord HD models, one named HeroPitlord and the other Pitlord. They are the same. There's also an HD version for Mannoroth.
At least the dreadlord has a tail :D

The gate, torch are also HD but they have no variations.
Man they were doing such a great and detailed job.
is it just me or do these look waaay better than the reforged ones (at least for an warcraft RTS game)

Level 11
I think the fear of seeing C&C remastered and multiplayer modding becoming a success along with AoE2DE put Blizzard on panic mode and they decided to revitalize the SC2 engine with the War 3 assets, and finally Ditching refunded.

but then both games permit client based mods that doesn't intervene with MP, like AoE2DE having custom Civ Building mods like Norman architecture for franks based on Joan's period.
While SC2, WoW and Refunded doesn't permit it even with AllowLocalFiles 1

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Perhaps now you'll join the righteous path of the SC2 editor, though what curse did to SC2mapster is a crying shame.
I doubt it right now until they make proper info for the actor/effect/behaviour/whatnot types and their fields. I can make abilities to the point of actors, after that it's just like tapping into elevated mathematics.
put Blizzard on panic mode and they decided to revitalize the SC2 engine with the War 3 assets, and finally Ditching refunded.
We'll see. If they don't weld the games, I don't think Reforged or at least Warcraft III is going to be dropped, mostly due to the pro scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.