1. The mythological era has spawned some interesting characters around. Check them out and be sure to vote for them in the 30th Poll of the Texturing Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Coop

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by LordDz, Nov 5, 2017.

1. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cooperative.png

Features:
    • Three Player cooperative gameplay across 26 missions
    • Four Different difficulties (Casual, Normal, Hard, Brutal)
    • Extended bases (No shared control of units)
    • Research system from campaign where Zerg and Protoss research goes over across the maps
    • Mercenaries can be bought and each player will have their own mercenaries
    • Can be played with two or three players (3 recommended)
    • New research
    • New mercenaries
    Description:
    I've always thought that the Starcraft 2 campaigns would be fun to play in cooperative with friends. I tried doing this project a while ago when I was studying in the University, but I never finished it.
    I was a bit afraid that someone would have done this by now, but I looked at the Arcade and Googled and only saw a some maps which mostly were just shared control of the same units.
    So, a couple of months ago I thought it would be fun to redo it.. And well, here we are now.
    Now with Blizzard releasing Starcraft 2 for free at the 14th November, I got a release date :)
    So, if nothing else comes up, I'm aiming for a release on the 14th November.

All maps have their triggers fixed for all 3 players, banking system is in place.
    Released. Search for 'Wings of liberty coop' on the arcade to play.

For more info about the upcoming hots campaign, visit our discord!
    Discord link

Screenshots:

arcade.png
    02.jpg
    Extended Bases.png
    New research.jpg
    secret secrit.jpg
    AllIn.PNG

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Looks nice, I will see if I can try it out some time in the future.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Interesting. I'll see if I can get a couple of my friends to join me for this. I've actually been thinking of playing through WoL again, so this comes at a good time.

4. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did a test yesterday, I thought the difficulty would be too hard.. It was too easy.
    So increasing difficulty for all maps. I might make it in time :)

Also added a new unit for one of the Protoss missions, a ground based detector. Should make the Ninja Dark Templar spam a bit less op.
    Screenshot2017-11-09 23_26_47.jpg

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, if it's only for Wings Of Liberty then I guess it might be fine with WoL going free to play, but keep in mind that at least for now their EULA forbids publishing campaign maps on the arcade, so unless they update the EULA, your project might still get shut down.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Tell that to the multiplayer HotS and LotV maps that have existed for a long time...

7. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, that's funny. I guess Blizzard doesn't really care enough to enforce their rules :)

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think they let it slide purely because they are offering you a different play experience minus the achievements and minus the between mission stuff.

9. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    ~Soon is coming closer.
    Been kinda busy and had to handle a few things in my life.

Right now I need a couple of testers to help me find how insane the difficulty is and to see if the banking system works properly.
    If anyone has time to test, people tell me here and I'll pm you my Bnet details. :)

11. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry if this is a noob question, but may i ask if this will include the mission briefing ect non-gameplay part of the storylines? Just curious :)

12. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    It doesn't include the talking to characters on the bridge as that would just be too much of work to do and it would probably just be annoying having to wait for your friends when they watch the briefings, etc :)
    It will include the briefings and voice lines of the briefings which you can see at 02:00 here however:

The armory, lab and mercenary purchasing is available ingame.

13. Bluerobin427

Bluerobin427

Resources:
    Resources:
    Having a lot of fun, but some bugs to report. I registered on here just to be able to report bugs and contribute though, so good job on a job well done so far! So far we've noticed two main types of issues. One: player ownership of buildings and two: the merc compound.

From what we remember, here's the issues:
    In Outbreak, one player ends up with 2 refineries and one ends up with none.
    In Cutthroat, one player ended up with another players' two supply depots.
    In Devil's Playground: the merc compound became unusable after one player bought ~5 mercs and another who had mercs "upgraded/purchased" didn't buy any.
    In The Dig: Neither player with mercs upgraded/purchased could buy mercs in-mission. It may be tied to laser control? Didn't seem usable, but we lost soon after the laser became controllable, so I didn't get a chance to try it out.

Edit: also, if you want me to send you messages to your Bnet account when we play feel free to PM me and we can exchange info. We were on Brutal difficulty until The Evacuation and we switched to Hard. We're not awful, but not amazing players either. Tonight we lost again on The Dig on Hard, but didn't try a second time. Seemed harder than previous missions, but if we try again it might end up very doable, we'll see.

Edit2: OH a big bug I forgot about: As the host, I could buy the "protoss" and "zerg" upgrades after mission-end when the others left, regardless of how many minerals and gas I had. I.e. I had 4 minerals and the upgrades cost 5. I couldn't buy them, but once one of the other players left I could buy as many "protoss" upgrades as I wanted (seemingly). When I clicked it, it deducted the 4 minerals and gave me the upgrade and the mineral cost wasn't red for the next level, so it looks like I could upgrade more. I didn't try it though. I also forgot to ask the others if it worked for them as well. Sorry :/

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sounds like a shared resources bug. When a player leaves allies get shared resources with them, giving one access to their minerals and gas.

15. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, it really helps me finding all the bugs!

I'm looking into the issues with outbreak and cutthroat missions, the merc compound has been.. troublesome lately but I think I've solved the issue. It is not related to the laser drill. Going to reupload the maps with the updated mod sometime later this week.

The resource sharing.. It's been troublesome, I've set all players to be neutral to each other when a victory is triggered, hopefully it should solve that issue.

I aimed for the difficulties to be a bit higher than what they were in the campaigns as I felt they were pretty lackluster. So brutal will be a lot harder than what it was in the original campaign. But I'm still balancing things so if you feel like something is annoying or should be tuned down or up, just poke at me! :)

I'll pm you later with my bnet account.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  16. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You could also try unsharing resources in response to a player leaving. Or remove resources from all players but the one spending upgrades.

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    No resource trading allowed.PNG
    This is what it is at right now, I guess I can set a player's resources to 0 when they leave the game to just force the game to not share any resources.

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Resource trading is not resource sharing. Shared resources is an alliance state between players.

19. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Which they shouldn't have considering I'm setting them to treat each other as neutral and they don't have it in the normal gameplay period.
    But I guess I can set the alliance state too.

20. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello I really enjoy your work and I would like to ask you if you think you gonna make the same with the HOTS and LOTV campaign ?

Aside it I would like to speak about some improvement:
    First when a player get ressources from minerals or gas laying on the map, or with the destruction of the train on the 7 mission, he only get them for himself and his mate don't. It may be to strong if everibody get 100 minerals or gas, so maybe make it 50 minerals or gas for everibody when one is collected, because it often end up with a guy with a lot of ressources and his mates left without anything.

Second I liked to precise you that the thirs choice of the First zerg research doesn't work. I research it and yet I can't sell my buildings.

Third we can exchange minerals it help but could we also exchange gas ? Often one player gonna focus on bio when the othe go mech and the bio player get way to much gas. Vould be interesting to share them.

Four on some map the spaces allowed for the base is way to small. I know it's hard to extend the size of the bases without destroying the map, but we often end up without enought when three of four more Barracks would help a lot.

Five the third zerg upgrade of the t2 feel quiet uselless. The droped turret don't have enought hp to have a real impact. When you compare it to the srenght of the planetary or the flamming turrets it feel kind of sad.

Six point is about the order of the map you maked. I the early we have a lot of map with zerg research and few with protoss one. Could you flip the order of some for equilibrate it in the way where 1 map is with zerg research the other protoss one ?

I still gonna play yours campaign, and point the bugs or default I found, I thanks you again for this awesome work and hope you gonna keep update them !