• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special-Texturing Contest - The Fantastic Adventurer UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Another wip

Attachments

• UITiles Whole.jpg
    UITiles Whole.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 231
Originally I wanted the whole UI to be more in line with Diablo's atmosphere, but I scratched it as probably too gimmicky, so after playing around with layout options, I figured it's not a really bad idea to implement some elements similar to the style. :D
-snip-
Damn, looks awesome. Maybe you could try turning the other demon into an angel (like the diablo health/mana orbs). Also the inventory cover could open up to the right like a vault when a unit with an inventory is selected.
Just a few suggestions, I'm really interested to see how it will look finished, good luck! :)

Reactions: Moy
None usable just yet. I have some clipping issues at the top of the UI with the wings which I'll have to sort out before any real in-game tests.

Damn, looks awesome. Maybe you could try turning the other demon into an angel (like the diablo health/mana orbs). Also the inventory cover could open up to the right like a vault when a unit with an inventory is selected.
Just a few suggestions, I'm really interested to see how it will look finished, good luck! :)

Probably, I'll play around, see what works so I don't break the uniformity too much. The idea is that it hinges at the top, creating a convenient place for the Inventory label once open. :D

Last edited:
Level 28
WIP

WIP9.jpg

Another WIP. I really felt that the Blizzard empty inventory slots fit best, so I kept them. Gonna start working on the left side now.

This is fucking awesome. I can't even give any constructive criticism, you totally nailed it already haha. However I can say that I never enjoyed the circular unit portrait much though, in case you're going for that. But that's just me.

Level 28
@Kwaliti Yeah that arch portrait is indeed much better! I'm officialy in love with that hanging sword. Perspective/depth there is quite impressive, great work.

@~Nightmare nice to see you at it again. Looking good. The clock idea of your previous entry wasn't bad though.

@Wildfire cool idea with the clock there! The rest lacks definition though, but yeah it's still a WIP.

@Archian thx!

Level 28
edit : ah, where should i post my finish project sir?
Simply attach the files and to a post here and call it your final entry! Upload it to the skin section of this site. Also, watch out for that green vine over your minimap, I don't know that region permits to have objects over the map.

I don't think I'll be able to work on this anymore so this'll be my final entry:

Stained Glass Adventurer UI

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Simply attach the files and to a post here and call it your final entry! Also, watch out for that green vine over your minimap, I don't know that region permits to have objects over the map.

I don't think I'll be able to work on this anymore so this'll be my final entry:
Some time ago, we made a new policy that states that all entries to contests must be submitted in their respective resource section where the staff will give it a special tag called Contest Entries. The reason for this is that soo many wonderful resources are lost or hidden away in old contest threads and because we want users to be able to seach the resource section and find contest entries.

So I'm gonna have to ask you to submit your final entry to the Texture/Skin section like Kwaliti did.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Some time ago, we made a new policy that states that all entries to contests must be submitted in their respective resource section where the staff will give it a special tag called Contest Entries. The reason for this is that soo many wonderful resources are lost or hidden away in old contest threads and because we want users to be able to seach the resource section and find contest entries.

So I'm gonna have to ask you to submit your final entry to the Texture/Skin section like Kwaliti did.
This is the first time I've heard some reasoning behind that Rule which, up till now I've been an opponent of. I still think it could be improved with requiring upload *after* the Contest, in order to get the Rep... But this thread isn't really the place for that discussion, lol

Level 49
I know it's ridiculous, but maybe another extension is in order? It certainly isn't unheard of for contests to get extended several times on the Hive, and moreover, creating a UI is a daunting and time-consuming task, second only to creating several models, or a map / custom race. That would give more people a chance to finish, and mayhap even draw new blood into the contest.
All of the entries are looking lovely, by the way, and I long to see the unfinished ones completed.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I think thats up for the mods to decide. I personally would love to see the other entries get finished aswell, but it could be unfair for those who finished in time.
Naw man. Mods are just arbiters & executors of will; in the Contest, the Host is essentially in charge, though most decisions like that should (generally polite) be determined through consensus of the Contestants.

Status
Not open for further replies.