• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special-Texturing Contest - The Fantastic Adventurer UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is it possible to enter a jpg/png Image of the whole interface? I don't have the tools to transform it to the right format but would like to try to create an UI.
could someone upload the standart/human UI of the needed images as jpg/png as a template/reference?

early WIP i guess.

Attachments

• WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 256
Level 28
Just got my tablet back and I'm thinking of participating. I'm only not sure what to do to crop the finished UI in the tiles correctly, since I remember trying to draw an UI some years ago and giving up at that part. But now I guess I'm going to put the layers of the original UI tiles over the custom made UI, then I'll be able to cut it with the correct sizes.

I love this idea with the inventory slots being stone-hallways in a ... i guess its a castle? I'm not sure, but is it possible to do partial transparent icons for inventory items? I guess not, but then again I never tested this. This could probably allow for a 3d-ish look when combined with the slot idea.

Here's a thing to consider though: I think you are working at a much higher resolution atm? Remember that eventually you will have to downscale to 512x512 pixel tiles... which might blur all those little details on the tiny stone bricks, etc.

I love this idea with the inventory slots being stone-hallways in a ... i guess its a castle? I'm not sure, but is it possible to do partial transparent icons for inventory items? I guess not, but then again I never tested this. This could probably allow for a 3d-ish look when combined with the slot idea.

Here's a thing to consider though: I think you are working at a much higher resolution atm? Remember that eventually you will have to downscale to 512x512 pixel tiles... which might blur all those little details on the tiny stone bricks, etc.
noted.

Level 11
can i join but it's okay if i use Gimp for making it i already export the UI Interface. Is there a wc3 ui designer tool which you can make UI Interface or you can make it using Photoshop/Gimp or any tool then convert it to .blp using BLP Laboratory. hope i'm right :plol:

Edit : first time to join such a contest like this!

Edit 2 : add more wips

Attachments

• HumanUITile01.png
    HumanUITile01.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 183
  • UIInterface.png
    UIInterface.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Another WIP

The wooden board next to the inventory cover is a major WIP, kinda laying things out, seeing how they work out. Probably gonna dump it and redo it somewhat differently.
UUuuh, I like that one. Gives that retro vibe of late 90's dungeon crawlers and M&M games. The candle is a nice touch.

I hope you also make some matching command icons for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.