- May 7, 2010
Contestants are to create a skin representing the gothic clothing, gothic fiction, architectureor related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
In order to enter the contest and be eligible to win a prize, contestants must submit their final entry to the Skin Resource section.
Remember to write in the description "Entry for the 26th Texturing Contest". Furthermore:
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- If a submission does not follow the skin submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any texture does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
- An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
- The file in the appropriate format.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- The model you are skinning can either be an in-game one or a custom one.
- No model edits are allowed.
- Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512.
- Preferably the submitted skin should be 100% freehand(No CnP's or recolors allowed).
- First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on the award icon. Also the chance of getting a unique thematic rank icon done specifically regarding preference
- Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
- Third Place: 10 reputation points and an award icon
- Each judge will receive 5 reputation points.
|Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?||/30%|
|Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?||/40%|
|Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?||/30%|
- 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
- The contest shall begin on March 2nd 2017, 19:00 GMT and conclude on April 5th 2017, 19:00 GMT