• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Singleplayer Christmas TD

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Singleplayer Christmas TD
by Hannu Korvala

Welcome to Singleplayer Christmas TD. The official sequel to Singleplayer TD released in 2010. Are you ready to save Christmas?

This is a singleplayer tower defence map. First you pick a builder at the start of the game, and then you start building towers that blast off the enemy creeps. Prevent the evil spirits reaching the end of the road. You have 25 lives, after which you lose the game.

Total waves: 35
Extra lumber at wave: 20
Air: Wave 5, 15, 25, 35 (boss)
Boss: 10, 20, 30, 35 (flying)

Races/Tower builders:

Elder Tree
Elf Chef
Gift Box
Santa's Village

Snow King

Tree models by:
- hortaxman
- Vinz
- eubz

Special thanks to:
- WTiiWarcraft
- ibidop warcraft
...for inspiring this map

Super special thanks to my spouse for testing this map.

All you need to beat this map is a bit of luck, a Christmas hat, and lots of skills. Happy holidays!

Contents

Singleplayer Christmas TD (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
No updates in over 3 months. Simple for now.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Both Roast Ham and Stuffed Roast Chicken have Slow. Maybe some differentiation? Two other have the same bounce attack. At least one of them could be against air?
  2. Maybe rename Satan to Krampus for a more fitting name to the theme?
  3. The bunnies don't have their bodies disappear, probably no decay animation for some reason although I know it should have.
  4. Stinky Aura could look passive. Could make it with: Button Manager v1.8.2 Warcraft Image Lab Also, the Money Gift icon doesn't have a DISBTN and looks green on game pause so you could make one with those programs. Can also be used to make autocast ability icons have autocast borders. Same with Wood Motivation, should look passive and the Dead Tree icon active.
  5. Not much differentiation between the towers and builders. Santa's Village seems to have the most powerful towers cost-efficiency. Actually the Elder Tree's.
  6. Ice Hut, Igloo and Snowplough have the same frost attack.
Would like more creative ideas into this as right now it's tad too simple.

Awaiting Update

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/