• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shire Melee Map 1.0

Here is my map for LOTR based 1v1 melee contest map.
All map design belongs to me so dont forget to give credit to me: lord_Marrowgrath

Dont forget to give credits for custom models in map.
Models:
-MassiveMaster
-Fingolfin
-assasin_lord

full

full

full
Contents

Shire Melee Map 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You have to make a credits list out of each model you've imported not only from this site. This can help you for Hive: Resources in Use by Shire Melee Map 1.0 | HIVE You should hide the pictures for ease of scrolling. Awaiting Update. If you want...
deepstrasz
Lovely. It's not melee ready but it works for a War of the Ring-like game map. Approved.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
You have to make a credits list out of each model you've imported not only from this site. This can help you for Hive: Resources in Use by Shire Melee Map 1.0 | HIVE
You should hide the pictures for ease of scrolling.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
Populated!
- 4x Gold Mines
- 2x Goblin Merchants
- 2x Goblin Laboratories
- Tavern
- Marketplace
- 2x Merc Camps (Village)
- 6 green creeps
- 7 yellow creeps
- item drops: 2 power ups, 2x lv3 charged, 2x lv3 permanent, 2x lv4 permanent, 2x lv5 permanent, 1x level 6 charged, 1x level 6 permanent, or something close

Feel free to post it, have me delete it, whatever, I need no credit for putting monsters and buildings on a map lol

I tried to put buildings in natural openings near roads to look as preplaned as possible. I also removed the fog as my eyes could not take it, to return it just change the scaling back up. I also tried to follow the competitive melee guidelines, ie same distance to buildings, camp radius on gold mine creeps, mirrored creeps with the same drops to be fair, etc

Shire Template Map with Creeps / Buildings | HIVE

Last edited: