• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord of the Rings RPG: The Shire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm currently starting on my map with the region: The Shire.

Finally i got around to making the first part of the shire

The first two pictures are of bag end and another house below it.

Any Comments/Suggestions would be nice.

REMEMBER: WIP!

Screenshot%20Studio%20capture%20%2375.jpg

Screenshot%20Studio%20capture%20%2377.jpg

Updated the trees:
Screenshot%20Studio%20capture%20%2383.jpg

Last edited:
Level 18
OMG dude !

i did this a long time ago. The Shire is such a beautiful place to depict with terrain.

I suggest you use the High Resolution terrain to make the terrain. The only problem your gonna have with making the Shire , is the Houses. Making the Hill houses are really hard to make look realistic.

but man i really wanna see these terrains =D i could never complete the map of my own but i hope u replicate really good. If u need pointers just ask me i can help u out alot ( *Cough check the showcase Cough *

Level 6
IMO it's a bit too dark for me, Shire was always the happiest and brightest place of all.. Maybe it's the tileset or just the lighting..

Level 10
ok i think you should use a different grass maybe try the high res one and for the buildings use a roof doodad to make the entrances flat and a little more detail for each one but otherwise its a really good start

Level 36
You HAVE to make this terrain look more peaceful, by far. Firstly, you are using far too little doodads, and the doodads you used isnt fitting too well, especially the grass, look how it contrasts with the ground? Not good. You have to find some lighter grass, that goes better with the ground tiles, also you should add some fences or something to make it look more... inhabited. And those doors and windows are FAR to angled, you should try to find some way to make the place where the doors and windows are to be flatter walls, so that you can add the doors and windows on more vertically.

Level 3
Ok Keiji, i've changed the windows so they are more vertical, and the doors are actually pretty vertical.

For the Grass, can you suggest some? A link will do :p (i've removed the grass)

And for the fence, when i place it on a hill, a problem occurs, its horizontal and doesn't work with the hill, how do i change that?

Thanks for your comments :)

Level 4
And for the fence, when i place it on a hill, a problem occurs, its horizontal and doesn't work with the hill, how do i change that?

You need to make sure it has a pitch angle so that it will be flat on the ground and not trough the ground if you know what I mean. The pitch angle is the maximum amount it can slant.

Also, you use too many trees and grass, if you see the movie, there's a few trees and bushes but it's mostly flat. Also, you should add chimney's on the top of the hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.