• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-=Shires at War [SaW]=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi, The Hive Community!

This Thread is about the AOS Shires at War which currently is at a Beta Level.

As I said before in my thread about The Last Battle, Both projects or better both Mapmakers - Me and Paladon - will work together to create the Ultimate AoS which will (I don't know if we will change the name) be released as Shires at War.

Now, this is thread will be the main data base where you can get information about the progress and heroes, where you can take a look at screenshots of the terrain and where you don't have to bother giving ideas or asking questions.

I will update this post later, to tell you the current state of the map developement, but, first off, I want to show you some of the first results of the cooperation between me and Paladon. Since I am the one who cares for the terrain, here are two screenshots showing the two sides taking part in the battle, the Aurora Shire and the Twilight Shire.

And in addition here is the link to both threads of the Last Battle AOS and the original SaW thread, where you can see the old data, containing some spell-screenshots.

Threads
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/last-battle-aos-107397/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/shires-war-saw-105630/

The Screenshots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 17
Here's a tip: always write the features of the map in the top of your thread. Most people are lazy and don't to search for them. And back to topic, the terrain looks good enough but the trees don't match (the ashenvale one and the imported). How will this AoS be unique compared to others?

Level 24
it will be better ^^

no, seariously, first off this shall be the terrain thread of SaW, but i will change that later cuz the other thread is neg, or?

i think that trees are basicly a strategic element and could you plz specify which you mean, i think its the ones in aurora shire, eh?

and if you know fitting ones which can be destructibles (no custm ones i guess), dont bother to tell me

Level 30
The terrain is still in progress.
I started the project a long time ago and nearly finished the greatest part of the heroes, you can believe me, exceptional heroes.
I made the terrain aswell and deleted the map so i had to use the backup version without any terrain. That´s why i stopped it.
Then came Palaslayer...and we continued together. When the terrain is done, i will overwork the spells and add some other heroes.
After that, i will start making the Alchemy and Crafting Systems.
Well, that´s it.

I made threads for this map before, but it was a "long time" ago.
I will search for them, moment.

EDIT: Found them ;P

Map presentation

Spell/Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.