1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Settlers of Kalimdor 1.0

Submitted by DrunkenDirt
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Settlers of Kalimdor is a recreation of the well-known board game "Settlers of Catan" in the WC3 engine.

Play with up to 4 players to colonize a lonely but resource rich island off the coast of Kalimdor. Establish villages, cities and expand your settlements to claim more resources and ultimately victory, while at the same time trying to lure your fellow man into inconspicuous alliances against other players, before backstabbing them with the powers of Onyxia.

The objective of the game is to gather victory points. These are gained primarily by establishing villages and upgrading them into cities. To do this, players will need to gather resources. Resources are given to the players' villages and cities based on what types of land tiles they are established next to, and by which land tiles the luck of the dice decides will be fruitful at the start of every player's turn.

During a player's turn, they may roll for resources, trade resources and construct roads and settlements, before passing the turn over to the next player. Each player starts with 2 villages which they must establish in lucrative positions on the map to achieve victory.

For more in-depth rules on how the game works, check out the Settler of Catan rules here.

Beyond recreating the rules of the board game, the map features:
- Player-customizable game boards.
- 4 aesthetically different races.
- An infuriating RNG-system designed specifically to not give you (yes you) lumber when you need it the most.
- Optional house rules.
- Maybe not that third one, but you'll never know.

Map made by DrunkenDirt, please do not edit and distribute versions of the map without my permission.

If you're interested in more board-game adaptations to WC3, check out my version of the hidden identity game "Secret Hitler" here.

Stone, grain and meat icons used provided by hiveworkshop user Blizzard Entertainment:
BTNINV_Stone_13
BTNINV_Misc_Food_Wheat_01
BTNINV_Misc_Food_13
Previews
Contents

Settlers of Kalimdor 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A credits list is mandatory with at least the names of the users whose resources you've used. This can help you write one: Resources in Use by Settlers of Kalimdor 1.0 | HIVE Awaiting Update. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the...
  1. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    if this works fully great party game, however need solid group to test, also expansions?

2. DrunkenDirt

DrunkenDirt

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When I started the map I hadn't played or seen the expansions. By the time I learned about them I had unfortunately already painted myself into a corner, mainly due to the map size not allowing to add much more land into the water, so the map is currently just vanilla Catan. I'm playing with a few ideas of things that could be added with the advantage of it being digital though, so we'll see if something could come from that.

Hope you find a good group to play with, let me know if you have any feedback when you do :thumbs_up:

3. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    the 5-6 player expac should be doable i dont think it requires any more land, if you have TTS you can find a very finely scripted version of SaC on there, may help you with some idea

4. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seems interesting based on screenshots.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A credits list is mandatory with at least the names of the users whose resources you've used. This can help you write one: Resources in Use by Settlers of Kalimdor 1.0 | HIVE

Awaiting Update

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/