• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Mapping Request] - The Settlers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,
i am working on a settlers map and wonder if there is someone who likes to do the mapping that wants to join my project?
i need a big map wich looks like a real world, and natural (randomly spread, but not unfairly) recource areas (Clay, Wood, Sheep, Wheat and Stone)
the one(s) helping will be at the "Map creator" loading screen and given +rep :)

thx alot :)

My WIP thread

My project recruitment post

Level 3
nvm the map in the wip thread, it is\was just for trigger testing purposes :)
i need a map that has this features:
added recource areas (they need to fit in naturally) so that the player feels like its "real" and nice, not "made" and unnatural :)

here you can see what i mean by natural fit, they blend :p i need them to blend.
this is not the kind of map i am looking for annyway, i need it to be biggg in size and mapped like a real world. some hight difrences, forests, small mountain areas, corn fields, sheep meadows... like a little hobbit country ^^
after i get the map, i will add circles of power at fitting areas (those in the pic below are nice) and when a player builds there, they get one of that recource when timer ends (each 3 minutes or so)
then after players have come far enough in research, the fighting for more recources, and at the end victory begins :)
the attachment is a map made by Chaos.
map.JPG

*Edit:
ok, there might be a little change in plans... if you feel like you are intrested in helping me with the mapping of "The settlers of Catan" you can say so, but if the changes take effect, the mapping will just be easier and requier less work... so this is the exstreme version :p

Level 3
i have decided :p
it should be like the one i attached, but immagine it laarge, and zoomed in so that those boats that are in the map (i need there to be nine of them, equaly distributed around the edges) are at the outer edges, in what i immagine is the end of a fjord coming from the ocean (traders from far-away countries)
and a villager in the map is small when he stands in the middle of a meadow, quarry or clay fiels (recource areas) and you can build 15 small villages (2-4 building) around the map, without building on top of eachother or start fighting without doing it on purpose :)

there are 5 difrent recources that need to be something distibuted in the following amount:
Sheep meadow: 4
Forests :4
Desert :1
Stone :3
Wheat :4
Clay: 3

but i immagine you making the doubble (i can make the areas, you just mapp so that it is possible :)
i can ofc make more wood areas out of one forest, but i need it to be in the same ratio as over (doubble and even prehaps tripple might work, but not 10 sheep meadows and 4 clay areas if you get my point :)

Level 3
you can just make a new one :]
i am working on the triggers, so i will have to import them when you finish annyway:)

Status
Not open for further replies.