• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

pyf

pyf

Level 32
hi kim you can add MOD nirvana now.because I upload English version.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...od-nirvana-naga-v0-11-english-version-276286/

Hello uduuduuud,

I believe the purpose of this thread is to share reuseable resources found in mpq files.

Previously, you did not wish to share Nirvana resources.

Have you changed your mind ?

@ Kam

Hello Kam,

The nirvana.mpq file does not have a listfile.
I have made a partial one for my own personal educational usage. But only uduuduuud has the right to share a listfile for Nirvana, be it complete or not.

I very much hope uduuduuud will decide to share at least a few of his awesome resources contained in the mpq, with the Hive.

Hello uduuduuud,

I believe the purpose of this thread is to share reuseable resources found in mpq files.

Previously, you did not wish to share Nirvana resources.

Have you changed your mind ?

@ Kam

Hello Kam,

The nirvana.mpq file does not have a listfile.
I have made a partial one for my own personal educational usage. But only uduuduuud has the right to share a listfile for Nirvana, be it complete or not.

I very much hope uduuduuud will decide to share at least a few of his awesome resources contained in the mpq, with the Hive.

Who needs a listfile? You can simply crack open the .mpq.

With uduuduuud's Nirvana ? I mean, the Chinese version that got officially translated into English with v0.11 ?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iii-mod-nirvana

I seriously doubt it.

(though, not sure about the meaning of "crack open" in that case)

Either way I can't accept it unless the author or caretaker provides the files.

I would love to see inside though!

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Either way I can't accept it unless the author or caretaker provides the files.

I would love to see inside though!

Indeed. To quote myself, " only uduuduuud has the right to share a listfile for Nirvana, be it complete or not. ". He would feel rightfully offended if I leaked my custom listfile, and may probably distrust the Hive in the process.

About seeing inside protected MPQs, anybody can do it up to a point (currently, only 636 filenames missing for v0.11 with my custom listfile, fyi). Imho protection is an illusion.

Again, I very much hope uduuduuud will share at least a few of his amazing resources (careful, screenshot heavy) with the Hive.

Last edited:
Indeed. To quote myself, " only uduuduuud has the right to share a listfile for Nirvana, be it complete or not. ". He would feel rightfully offended if I leaked my custom listfile, and may probably distrust the Hive in the process.

About seeing inside protected MPQs, anybody can do it up to a point (currently, only 636 filenames missing for v0.11 with my custom listfile, fyi). Imho protection is an illusion.

Again, I very much hope uduuduuud will share at least a few of his amazing resources (careful, screenshot heavy) with the Hive.

If you are able to speak to him perhaps ask him to reconsider. Those would make a wonderful addition.

Level 4

aha, i see.....
I mistaken thought this thread is showing MODs and let players download them.
Sorry, I can't share the resources . most of them made by me, and I make this mod for e-sports;I‘m not make this mod for fun.
I think The models should be appeared in Blizzard default Melee maps only.
I hope you can understand me...
you are kind and good people, if you really really need some models in your map (or campaign),you can use some of them,just Comments they comes from Nirvana。
It’s not about the trust,it‘s about the aims of the MOD.
Warcraft III living because 2 thing :editability and E-sports
I belong to E-sports.In China I * organize the players like confrontation to play new version,and most players only for fun can’t insisted on Warcraft 3,
or use my models in strange way with their Selfish and naive purpose,it's
a sad Cruel reality,I have no choice but to forbidden the sharing。
hmm,till now i think foreigners have good manner and i can trust,In comparison some of Chinese was scarcely more than a motherfucker.
They never help me,just ask for money,ask for model,ask for download……
keep blaming,and use Nirvana models just say he made them or creat them.

Excuse me for I could not help complaining:
It's sarcasm。because I'm from China,I can't making models use any tools made by Chinese ,I make models use Neodex (created by Blinkboy),Blplab,mdlconvert,they all made by foreigners.
And I dont have any Partner too,I should creat all the things by myself.
then feed the people with their hands outstretched.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
aha, i see.....
I mistaken thought this thread is showing MODs and let players download them.

No problem. I first understood from one of your previous posts with Kam (language barrier, and error of comprehension). Also I already knew you politely explained before to a fellow Hive member that you preferred not to share your resources.

And I am French, so I make mistakes here too. Nobody is perfect, but everybody improves.

Sorry, I can't share the resources . most of them made by me, and I make this mod for e-sports;I‘m not make this mod for fun.
I think The models should be appeared in Blizzard default Melee maps only.
I hope you can understand me...

To be honest, I would not have shared too. Too much work, and so little thankfulness from others (see below).

you are kind and good people, if you really really need some models in your map (or campaign),you can use some of them,just Comments they comes from Nirvana?

Thank you for giving us foreigners good reputation here.

Thanks for the kind offer. The nirvana.mpq can not be opened the standard way, because it is protected and there is no listfile in it. But you and only you can decide what you want to give, and to whom. But if you decide to give something to someone, then you must absolutely be sure that person will protect his map, or mpq, too. That way you keep control of your creation and nothing leaks.

Also we have a model section to share creations. But be careful, everybody on the Internet can download them.

If you want to promote Nirvana here (not everybody knows of your first English version, which is v0.11), maybe you can propose one and only one of your resources, out of a selected number of your own resources. People could vote for that one-in-a-lifetime generous giveaway. That unique most useful resource for the community sure will have you proper credit in other modder's creations. It should also promote the full nirvana game. Not sure the Hive Workshop allows that kind of promotion, but I know there is the possibility to launch polls here. Now this is just a wild idea.

I believe the Hive Workshop is a good and trusty community. That is why I joined them. I belong to no other community.

It’s not about the trust,it‘s about the aims of the MOD.
Warcraft III living because 2 thing :editability and E-sports
I belong to E-sports.In China I * organize the players like confrontation to play new version,and most players only for fun can’t insisted on Warcraft 3,

I must see those Championships. They must be awesome.

or use my models in strange way with their Selfish and naive purpose,it's
a sad Cruel reality,I have no choice but to forbidden the sharing?
hmm,till now i think foreigners have good manner and i can trust,In comparison some of Chinese was scarcely more than a motherfucker.
They never help me,just ask for money,ask for model,ask for download……
keep blaming,and use Nirvana models just say he made them or creat them.

True, there are thiefs, beggars, immature and selfish people on the Internet. All they want is take, take, and take even more, and they never give anything in return. And when you decide enough is enough with them, some might insult you for not giving. Pity.

This hurts creators and artists deeply. Do you know of Iskatumesk, from the StarCraft modding community ? He felt literally robbed by a very few number of people of the Korean SC modding community. So in disgust he removed all of his creations from the web. Until he re-added a few after some time, but only a very few. btw his Armageddon Onslaught is outstanding ; v1.1 works great ; v3.0 may crash but its visual effects and wild gameplay simply defy imagination.

Anyway, he was deeply emotionaly hurt. And the bad thing is : he was really willing to share. All he was asking in return is to have his name credited for the resources used, just like you uduuduuud. You are not alone, and I understand you.

Excuse me for I could not help complaining:
It's sarcasm?

Sorry uduuduuud, no excuses accepted, because you did nothing wrong in the first place. You have the right to complain, especially here. Stand tall and proud.

because I'm from China,I can't making models use any tools made by Chinese ,I make models use Neodex (created by Blinkboy),Blplab,mdlconvert,they all made by foreigners.
And I dont have any Partner too,I should creat all the things by myself.
then feed the people with their hands outstretched.

Hey, why not write us a nice tutorial ? Nirvana uses very nice tricks. I would like to read about them. Maybe other people here would like too.

More below (click on show)

Now if you want, I can share information with you. I can write for you a full tutorial on how I decrypted most of your protected mpq.

If you are interested, you can use my profile and contact me by e-mail (I never tried that before, but it should work), and I send you information and tips to try to protect your hard work a bit better. It will at least prevent silly people like me from decrypting it using silly tricks. If you want to read it you will understand. I went to 636 unknowns in no time, and that is the problem : it took me no real effort to do that.

I first discovered your mod with v0.09b. For me, your 3D opening screen was simply a work of Art. I wanted to make a 16:9 version of it, for my own use. I have written a tutorial on the Hive for people to do that, it is not very difficult to do. But I had to have the filenames first.

I have followed development of v0.10. When you arrived at ModDB with v0.10 I had thought people would be enthralled. Instead most of them complained about it being in Chinese. omg someone please kill me. Now there is v0.11 EN and people are starting to catch up at last. This is great.

I hope you will continue to post here on the Hive Workshop. I know you already gave us a few files that are not on ModDB in your 0.11 thread. Thanks uduuduuud.

Once again, tell me if you want to know how I did things with your mpq, so you can better protect it (at least from me). I will be very happy if it helps you in any way.

I try to watch into mpq for fun only. Finding the names is like solving a puzzle. It is pure intellectual and logical distraction to me. And I also like wasting electricity and computer power to do that, which is very anti-ecological btw :grin:

Looking forward to the next version, and for more of your incredible work here on the Hive Workshop.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
If referring to my post, no contention here.

Just helping a Chinese fellow Hive member, who mistook this thread for an announcement thread. uduuduuud's mod Nirvana is used for E-Sports in China (professional stuff, I would say), so his resources are not really meant to be shared. Please see his thread for more info.

Showed him directions, talked about other artists, encouraged him in sharing knowledge, offered services for something... All done in a polite and respectful manner, because westerners and easterners have different cultural backgrounds.

Last edited:
Level 27
Kam there is a version of the Return of the Lich King in the russian sites that only has models but totally functional, i don't known if you want to add that version as an add for the main resource. The russian mpq have some documents and other interesting stuff but for me is impossible to read xD

Level 4
If referring to my post, no contention here.

Just helping a Chinese fellow Hive member, who mistook this thread for an announcement thread. uduuduuud's mod Nirvana is used for E-Sports in China (professional stuff, I would say), so his resources are not really meant to be shared. Please see his thread for more info.

Showed him directions, talked about other artists, encouraged him in sharing knowledge, offered services for something... All done in a polite and respectful manner, because westerners and easterners have different cultural backgrounds.
There was not many skills or nice tricks in making models,
all you need is patience and the courage to face up the Endless troubles/ crash with 3dsmax5.I still use windows xp and make models with 3dmax5.3dmax2010 cant do many things.
attachment.php

attachment.php

and I dont care about making models ,or how to making A mod,I‘m not
Interested in creating art either。I do this work because I’m very sad,
I see as the time flies;my friends play wc3 Gradually disappear,and Melee
combat lose the greatly touched by ossified patternizing track.
And when I finish every Nirvana version, new player new blood add in ,they Give me a lot of comfort。
whatever, if you like my mod, or you can get fun from crack it。。。。nevermind,*I think we are all friends because of Warcraft III。

by the way,

Because of I am a Newbie at the beginnig of making models (2years ago),some early models use lots of Textures and Messy names。they may be cause the problem of efficiency。

My friend:It’s very sadly to say that,the press of my life maybe stop my
works,I prepare A long time and lots of new stuff to add demon Race or panda Race,but I cant finish them……
6 Race is possible,I can fix the balance ..

hmm,, but 0.12 will come out soon . I will add 2 New heros ,and fix many problems ,and add 2 new maps.

Attachments

• 电脑2.jpg
    电脑2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 490
  • 电脑1.jpg
    电脑1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 497

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Holy cow, man; the computer engineer in me just shriveled up a bit. You really oughta put a cover on that computer; dust is the great enemy of computer innards/components.

Also, I have the strange urge to mail you a mouse... Eesh, that's rough. Sorry you have to work in all that. :<

Still, despite all the challenges if that model (& the others) are all made by you, that's very impressive; lots of talent & dedication. Don't sell yourself short!

~

I think the point/question that is trying to be made/asked here is: uduuduuud, did you make the resources in the Nirvana mod? And if so, do you want them available to the public at this time? And if not, do you want help making them (more) inaccessible?

Wow, How can you even work in such environment? Your mouse is like rotting from system shock 2/soma, keyboard is full of dust and grime. Table is full of prescriptions, pills and other crap. To be honest I would suffocate in that environment.

Why would you even reveal that kind of a mess to us? You should seriously think about tidying up. Put your pills and prescriptions to a single cabinet, put other work-tools to a tool cabinet. Open a window, wipe the dust and grime from your table, monitor and computer.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I think the point/question that is trying to be made/asked here is: uduuduuud, did you make the resources in the Nirvana mod? And if so, do you want them available to the public at this time? And if not, do you want help making them (more) inaccessible?

What Kyrbi0 said. If you want your hard work (or whoever helped you) to be hopefully a bit more inaccessible, just tell me. You would then get top priority on my todo list. I can send information to your personal e-mail, so you better understand how I did it. Just ask me and I work on a step-by-step tutorial just for you ASAP.

I do not want immature people / thieves to make you sadder.

Your work *is* hard work, you are far too modest. Plus, I understand from your Nirvana v0.11 thread you use "inline assembler". You mean... ASM trick ?? :eekani:

And btw, your computer setup is perfectly fine to me. It is not how your computer looks, it is what you actually do with it that is important.

Wow, How can you even work in such environment? Your mouse is like rotting from system shock 2/soma, keyboard is full of dust and grime. Table is full of prescriptions, pills and other crap. To be honest I would suffocate in that environment.

Why would you even reveal that kind of a mess to us? You should seriously think about tidying up. Put your pills and prescriptions to a single cabinet, put other work-tools to a tool cabinet. Open a window, wipe the dust and grime from your table, monitor and computer.

On the desk where my laptop is, I see tons of papers, books, a matchbox (though I do not smoke), computer CDs, toys (including a wooden duckling), misc. computer hardware, and a DVD movie starring Nicolas Cage. And the place is dusty and dark, even if it is a sunny afternoon here (yep, shutters closed).

Did not prevent me from going out and see friends and family the days before, though.

Last edited:
Level 6
Excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I'm having issues with Heart of Storms models. I import the model files and the texture file (remove the war3imported bit from the texture file), but the model won't show either in-game or in the editor. What am I doing wrong?

Excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I'm having issues with Heart of Storms models. I import the model files and the texture file (remove the war3imported bit from the texture file), but the model won't show either in-game or in the editor. What am I doing wrong?

Open the model in Magos editor and look at the texture paths.

Level 7
The human church model in the Dawn of Chaos pack is missing its required "Church.blp" texture, rendering that particular model unusable. Is there any way to fix this? Maybe mapping the town hall texture to the appropriate places?

If so, how would I go about doing that? I've never mapped/wrapped textures before.

Level 12
The human church model in the Dawn of Chaos pack is missing its required "Church.blp" texture, rendering that particular model unusable. Is there any way to fix this? Maybe mapping the town hall texture to the appropriate places?

If so, how would I go about doing that? I've never mapped/wrapped textures before.

Rename the "Window.blp" texture to "Church.blp" and you're good to go

Level 7
Is it possible to get the models from the Warcraft vs StarCraft Campaign as custom models, because from what I saw they are all "embedded" as script/triggers?! I couldn't find a single custom model there... :/

Level 7
You may access them through the campaign file in WE.
Hahaha silly me I thought I already checked that option... :p Sorry, my bad! Seems I have only been thinking this and haven't actually done that...
Anyway thanks Kam! :)

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I have Project Revolution .mpq (a popular Starcraft 1 conversion using Warcraft 3 engine), I can upload it here if permission is given from creators.

I'm sure Starcraft 1 models would be useful.
I need author verification and I will add it to the thread.
Well, I can't get it. I don't know who the creators were or even if they are active after all these years.
Snowflake Entertainment company

Vaguely checked homepage at Wc3campaigns.net, seems pretty dead.

Any news? The 'Members' tab on ModDB leads to some email addresses...