• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heaven's Fall: Melee Gameplay Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Am i up to date

iv been playing HF for amount 3 days now and im enjoying it
but im asking if i am missing any files or am i missing an update
the version im playing with is 1.10e beta (i used the launcher)
i hope im not missing anything or an major update

Level 3
iv been playing HF for amount 3 days now and im enjoying it
but im asking if i am missing any files or am i missing an update
the version im playing with is 1.10e beta (i used the launcher)
i hope im not missing anything or an major update

Im glad your enjoying it! from what i know, the launcher version and the game version are different, but with that said, the launcher should say when there is a new or latest version of the game available. but if your having trouble updating ie. the game is no different from before, use the uninstaller and install it from scratch. that should fix any bad game data. from what i know about the launcher updating itself.... i dont know anything about the launchers updates, so when i turn my computer on for the first time each day, i check these forums and other forums for other things to see if there is any news. its a good habit. have fun playing the game!:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 3
and I just think i had an idea for a neutral hero. the pixel master. he uses the most hd and sexiest model in the universe to lagg the hell out of his opponents, abilities include Eye Candy: dealing scaling damage while simultaneously splashing the screen to burn your eyes out of their sockets, Omega LAZOR Beam: the most extreme prototype move that will cause such amounts of lag for scaling time that the game is pretty much paused. Ear Splitting Aura: when the enemy is attacked with this aura, there is a scaling chance that the enemy will take horrifying damage and horrifying sounds that should make their ears bleed, and finally, Sentience: Pixel Master's Ultimate causes enemy players to start to get these horrible "glitch" effects, from distorting the characters model to full and utter control over the enemies team (of course with each different outcome caused via percentage, I.e. the "overmind" control percent rate of activating would be less than one). thats about it

Level 3
also, while finding this old post (@Spellbound
Yeah, I know about that bug and I'm still not sure exactly what to do to fix it... The Voidspawn build is heavily scripted, but part of what it uses is the "Build Tiny" ability to build at a range, and by unchangeable binary in the game engine the "Build Tiny" ability allows you to build on top of the building unit, and it just moves the building unit. Now, when it was a hero making the building, that made sense...
So, there's a script in there that does the math for the pathing size of what you are trying to build, as well as what source unit is building it (the Shrine of the Aether), and it cancels your order to the unit to build if the building is inside of the town center itself. (Try building a void building on the town center, or partially intersecting it's pathing, next time you play. You'll find that it doesn't say "Can't build there", but that it usually doesn't work because my script detects it and denies your build command)
But, in some obscure situations, the binary code of it all still manages to move the town center somehow.) would it not make more sense to instead of using the effect of tiny build, use the undead style of building and just giving the town hall a bigger building range? its pretty much the same effect of tiny build, but the "worker" ( the town hall) doesn't get moved to build the object somewhere? it will say that it 'cant build there" because its actually a building? (the town hall). however, you could just make the town hall have an ability 'tendrils of the dark beyond" that are the workers that manifest into the building? (kind of like orcs and zerg) or you could turn the town hall into a flying necropolis much like the undead, it would be able to unroot and fly to build, but it would not be able to collect materials?

Last edited:
@Johnekaiser
If you have the "HFv2 WIP: Northpact" option in the race choice list, then you should be up to date. Previous versions did not have this race choice option, so if you have it you're probably on the newest. Hopefully we'll see another update soon to make them into more than just a WIP for testing.

@Crixis48
My best guess is maybe a missing "hfmod.dll", this could cause that error. To help me know more about what's gone wrong, please try the attached "HFDiagnosticsTest" program and send me the output (you could use a private message, or a post on here with a reveal block).

Under the line "Here's what's real:" you should have:
- hfmod.dll: downloaded, 12046336 bits

If you do, it might also be a warcraft version thing. Make sure you have version 1.26 in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

Example output of the Diagnostics Program:
(Compare with what you get if you're interested whether you have the same files or not)
Hello. Welcome to HF-Diagnostics!
This program is currently running in limited user mode.
Latest mod version ID as read from server: 11017

The installer, when last run, was working with directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\

Diagnostics will now attempt to mount that target directory. It may ask you
to find the directory on your own if it was previously "null" or considered unusable.

Did it think directory was valid?:
true

Loading mod profile data.
Here's what the mod thinks about itself:
- Installed: Yes
- Auto Update: Yes
- Windowed Mode: Yes
- Mod Download Version: 11017

Here's what's real:
- hfmd.exe: downloaded, 77903486 bits
- hfmod_pkg.dll: downloaded, 471040 bits
- HeavensFall.exe: downloaded, 896000 bits
- UserInterface/1.mpq: downloaded, 6387366 bits
- UserInterface/2.mpq: downloaded, 7666099 bits
- UserInterface/3.mpq: downloaded, 11466117 bits
- UserInterface/4.mpq: downloaded, 11038858 bits
- UserInterface/5.mpq: downloaded, 9097434 bits
- UserInterface/6.mpq: downloaded, 6629771 bits
- UserInterface/7.mpq: downloaded, 11466117 bits
- UserInterface/8.mpq: not downloaded
- HeavensFallReadme.rtf: downloaded, 24725 bits
- hfmod_pkg.exe: downloaded, 462848 bits

You got to the end of the test. Please copy the entire text shown here, and send it to Retera for testing.

Hello. Welcome to HF-Diagnostics!
This program is currently running in Administrator Mode.
Latest mod version ID as read from server: 11017

The installer, when last run, was working with directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft 3 Copy\

Diagnostics will now attempt to mount that target directory. It may ask you
to find the directory on your own if it was previously "null" or considered unusable.

Did it think directory was valid?:
true

Loading mod profile data.
Here's what the mod thinks about itself:
- Installed: Yes
- Auto Update: Yes
- Windowed Mode: No
- Mod Download Version: 11017

Here's what's real:
- hfmd.exe: downloaded, 77903486 bits
- hfmod_pkg.dll: downloaded, 471040 bits
- HeavensFall.exe: downloaded, 896000 bits
- UserInterface/1.mpq: downloaded, 6387366 bits
- UserInterface/2.mpq: downloaded, 7666099 bits
- UserInterface/3.mpq: downloaded, 11466117 bits
- UserInterface/4.mpq: downloaded, 11038858 bits
- UserInterface/5.mpq: downloaded, 9097434 bits
- UserInterface/6.mpq: downloaded, 6629771 bits
- UserInterface/7.mpq: downloaded, 11466117 bits
- UserInterface/8.mpq: not downloaded
- HeavensFallReadme.rtf: downloaded, 24725 bits
- hfmod_pkg.exe: downloaded, 462848 bits

You got to the end of the test. Please copy the entire text shown here, and send it to Retera for testing.

Attachments

• HFDiagnosticsTool-3-31-2015.zip
    219.9 KB · Views: 86
It can be encouraging to see the excitement, though. Speaking of excitement...

HF V2 RELEASES... NOW!
Today, this magnificent 1st of April, is the official late release date of the actual HFv2 application. And, in honor of the delay, I've decided to change the name of this remake project to "HF Veto" instead of HFv2!

Get a look at the sweet new logo!

WarcraftIIIFTLogoEhcheffVeto2.png

Attached to the bottom of this post, you can find the installer for the new HF Veto project's first ever release.

Not only does HF Veto currently have FIVE fantastic new playable races, it also comes with a stunning 3 new Campaigns built in, that can be accessed by the normal "Campaign" button in Single Player!

These campaigns include (but are not limited to):

"A Lost Tribe"
The tale of Akama as he and his people take their first steps towards a new life...
DraeneiCampaign.png

"Sylvanas's Wrath"
A campaign that takes the Heaven's Fall mod project in a different direction than previous versions, entailing the deeds of Sylvanas in Lordaeron.
ForsakenCampaign.png

"Vashj's Escape"
A tale of what became of Lady Vashj in the aftermath of the events of the Frozen Throne...
NagaCampaign.png

NagaCampaign3d.png

And last but not least, one final map that remains to be described, unlockable by completing the rest of the campaign missions.

Behold the glory of HF Veto and click that download link before Lord Archimonde reaches your world!

HFVeto.png

HFVetoRaces.png

With a Main Menu Screen this epic, this mod HAS to be perfection at its finest!
Warning: To protect against accusations of false advertizing, it is important to recognize that the quality of a Warcraft mod may or may not actually be proportional to the quality of its main menu screen.

Last, but not least, we've improved our technologies, so that this fabulous mod's entire download with campaign included is less than only 8 MB! Just download the installer and run through the helpful typical microsoft wizard of friendly installation and you'll be playing HFVeto in no time.
As long as you don't forget to run as administrator.

The future of Heaven's Fall begins today!

Update: Download link restored!

Attachments

• HFVetoInstall.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Level 6
I have to say... This version of Heaven's Fall is indeed, nothing short of perfection. The sheer amount of custom content is staggering and it is quite obvious how amount of work was put into it. A mod with absolutely no imbalances is rarely seen and this... masterpiece has achieved it, no imbalances at all... at all. Excellent work, this IS the BEST version of heaven's fall yet.

P.S. Excellent idea for an April Fool's joke :) It gave me the lulz

Level 3
"uhh, I tink the first campaign map is broke..." - IGN. but seriously this was gr8 april fools. now, how to remove? jks

EDIT (thx for the tip Spellbound :D)- did you actually write "april fools gold" in the logo before stamping on VETO? because that would seem to me the most effort out of the entire thing, something that no one else would have thought of, only to be haphazardly blocked by a stamp

Great to hear you guys are enjoying the new content!

@leonidas555551
Important note on HF Veto:
uhh, I tink the first campaign map is broke...

To win the first campaign mission, if you think of the map as being sort of in the shape of a road, you must walk Akama to the end of the road. It might improve the campaign if I made that a little more clear.

Edit: Got a Youtube release trailer for HF Veto now!

Last edited:
Level 3
seriously, a youtube video to promote this. and dont you think its a better marketing move to release a trailer BEFORE something is released so that it builds hype? ah who am i kidding, that trailer is like really bad. also you literally changed your sig for this?

EDIT- lets just be thankful he didnt change the main page too. AND I WAS RIGHT, IT WAS FOOLS GOLD. Jesus christ that trailer was bad.

Such dedication Retera. such dedication. I am proud to call you my overlord. oh, wait, i dont. :p

Last edited:
@leonidas
I'll admit that on at least one occasion a few years ago I started porting HF models into SC2, but I did not get very far. Their data editor was designed to be able to do everything WC3 can't do, which sounds cool but it has so many more additional options that basic functions like copying an existing unit to make another took such a large amount of time that I returned to Warcraft modding. I don't know how much of this they have improved since then.

And now you may all be wondering...

What was Heaven's Fall: Veto?
The joke mod I released yesterday was actually a set of units extracted from a 2008 backup of the map that became Heaven's Fall, and the campaign missions were a set of maps last modified in 2003 originally intended to be used for that same mod project, around the time it began. Almost none of the content was created by me, and to give credit to the original authors I should note that where the Heaven's Fall credits point to Naresh, Ben, and Wurmcrusher for things:

Naresh:
Naresh was one of the originators of the mod when it was first
created, serving as the lead designer for the Forsaken, High Elf,
and Naga unit data.

Ben:
Ben was one of the originators of the mod when it was first
created, and designed numerous spells and worked alongside Wurmcrusher
to create and implement the Zear as a race.

Wurmcrusher:
Wurmcrusher was a concept designer for the Zear who worked with
Ben to produce the original unit, ability, and upgrade data for
the race.
Since then, the Zear race has seen many changes made by Retera.
However, with the addition of Retera's Zear custom models the
race has simply been implemented into an even greater version of
what it was. Of all the original races of the mod, the Zear are
the one left the most intact by Retera because it felt to him to
be the most creative and unique of the original mod's races.

You now know what these things are referring to! ~_^

Also what was that horrible YouTube video?
They kicked me out of my dorm room and moved all the furniture to fix some WiFi box nobody uses that had been installed wrong, and while I was sitting in the lobby in my pajamas I figured I'd have 20 minutes of fun on my tablet laptop. It's what I do as a Warcraft modder!

Level 1
Hello, need Help WE

Hello ! Can you help me on the error from the WE : "Error finding game client... Was there an installation errror?"
I like the WE. and your mod is a "Chef d'oeuvre".
Thanks a lot, Jkiller001

@Jkiller001
In one of the last few updates, I knowingly broke the mod's editor button because I discovered that the mod editor could corrupt maps. Since you asked, I just made a small update to the mod that will fix this. Unfortunately, it'll be a rather long download time to just unlock the editor, but after the update the editor should work now.

For me, that was one reason I enjoyed working on the silly one-day HF Veto project. It was a good test of a lot of modding features, even though the content distributed was all bogus.
For the first time, I replaced the main campaign, so now I know that I could for the real mod.

Level 12
Hey Retera
Somehow I can't play your mod since the hfmod_pkg.exe giving me a Crash:

"The instruction at '0x150248F6' referenced memory at '0x000001FE'.
The memory could not be 'read'."

Can you help me?

Been busy this summer, but spent some of my time trying to build a better editor so that I will have an even easier time building the needed updates to the mod.

@BlackRangerXIII
That sounds like a difficult problem, and I am not sure of the cause. I wish I could help more, but that's basically the 'it went wrong' error that we get from Warcraft III's engine. If running as administrator doesn't fix the problem, I have a hard time knowing what will. Have you verified you have 'hfmd.exe' properly put in the same folder as 'hfmod_pkg.exe' and the rest of your Warcraft III files?
Hmm...

Attachments

• EditorWork.png
    EditorWork.png
    278.9 KB · Views: 502

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hey, you're alive! Woohoo. : )
Been busy this summer, but spent some of my time trying to build a better editor so that I will have an even easier time building the needed updates to the mod.

Hmm...
Woah... That's pretty amazing. I use dummy units/missiles for a lot of things, and this would make things pretty streamlined.

Level 3
See, he cares about us ;P.

EDIT: so basically, you're adding more variables to be used instead of having to rewrite each spell over and over? because that is pretty neat. its really knowing whether you are going to use that spell style again in another hero or if your going to use that unique system again for something else, because if its a one-off (like the voidspawn building system) you dont REALLY need to write it all into a callable command, however, having each sort of system tied to a word sequence can be useful for bugfixing purposes. meh, just me ramblin.

Level 1
I wish to ask a question i have looked at the images for your installer/launcher its version reads 1.1.0d but the version i have reads 1.1.0e Beta is 1.1.0d a upcoming patch to this mod or has it been already out for some time because if its already out my launcher wont update Heaven's Fall for me

Oh and another question whats with the HFv2 WIP: Northpack Race? used it once and it was just another frozen legion race do you have plans for it or is it just a thing you added and forgot about

Nah, the image is just a little old now. The newest version is 1.1.0e Beta, so you have the right one.

The HFv2 WIP: Northpack are the result of my aspiration to rewrite the mod that did not truly come to fruition. Hopefully sometime soon I'll get around to making an update that makes some of that stuff less broken.

Level 1
Another Question will there be a new race coming soon because on the first page in the image that has the title Warcraft 3 Heaven's Fall you see like 4 races Zear Fallen, Void Spawn, Final Alliance and a fourth Race to the left that has green spiders and undead looking creatures and buildings so will there be a new undead type race in the future

Level 9
Some questions and stuff

1.I chose random and got a weird race of 'Risen'... and i tried playing withem and their food cap didnt rose from 20..

2. The Englightened Tide ai only trains the scyilla hero

3. Zear ai spams Storage Wagons...

4. What is the trickery of the Legion Grandmaster turning into a lava creature!! What trickery is this!?!?

5. What....... is those tooltip errors?....(jus saying)

Anyways.. cool mod!

Level 1
A Few questions i must ask

will there be any new stuff for the Zarr Fallen i was thinking a tower caravan that only fires if rooted like the protectors the night elves have

and when will "THE RISEN" come out anyways they look almost finished to me

Level 5
@retera, I'd have a little request...
Could it be possible that you remove the world editor doodads limit please? (Or at least make it higher. Like 100k or 1M Max doodads.)

If you can implement that, I'd maybe (90% yes,Depending if the players of my map would mind taking your mod to play the map ;) ) make my maps on your mod ;)

@Johnekaiser
Development is going slow, we'll see about how soon stuff gets done.

@Avarthar
Although I really do love the enthusiasm, to break the limit you want to look up the Jass NewGen Pack (JNGP). It is a fan-made specialized modded editor for WC3 that has an option to remove the limit, if I remember right.

I guess I could do something silly like put JNGP into the HF editor button, so it runs JNGP and Heaven's Fall's editor combined... haha.

Level 5
@Johnekaiser
Development is going slow, we'll see about how soon stuff gets done.

@Avarthar
Although I really do love the enthusiasm, to break the limit you want to look up the Jass NewGen Pack (JNGP). It is a fan-made specialized modded editor for WC3 that has an option to remove the limit, if I remember right.

I guess I could do something silly like put JNGP into the HF editor button, so it runs JNGP and Heaven's Fall's editor combined... haha.

I'd really like to see it on the built editor, because on "Windows 10" jass is being treated as a virus. (Because it modifies the editor, Hacks it...)
But if it was already built in the editor, it wouldn't be deleted...

What I mean, is that jass has some files that gets deleted every time I extract it from the newgenv5.rar. (The pipe.dll file and w3something file...)

For the combining, yea it would be great. Jass wouldn't need to hack the editor anymore since it would be part of the editor itself. ;)

Anyway, the whole features of Jass aren't really needed. But atleast removing or changing the doodads limit (units and others if possible too.) would be great.
(It would make me create my map on your mod for sure. ;) / I'm already starting one on it, but the doodads limit is limiting me to a small map... I can't put as much tree's as I'd like to.)

Also, if you want to see what I mean, check my "life of a Settler" project.
It's a bit outdated due to a crash, but the new tree template screenshot should still be there.
I'd probably take it and remake it for the heavenfall mod.
Your mod makes my map making much easier. Since there are already custom models in your mod, I wouldn't need to upload any.

Thanks tho for that fast reply ;)

Level 1
I installed the game and for some odd reason on the custom map none of the races are popping up there is not even a team and race selection bar. . . It is essentially a blank screen where I can only choose the maps.

@omegad
This might be something about the version of your warcraft install. Are you running the 1.26.0.6401 patch? That is the version the mod was built for, it will probably run best under that version, and have bugs similar to what you described with other game versions.

@leonidas555551
What is the answer? What is the answer to Heaven's Fall in its current state? I need to figure this out -- and make more spare time to make actual progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.