• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Eve of Salvation

Should Retera ever continue the Eve of Salvation mod?

• Go back to Heaven's Fall!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Eve of Salvation rocks! You should do bugfixing!

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For my spring break a few weeks ago, I created a mod project called "Eve of Salvation" based on the Nirvana system (MultiRace Template) similar to "Heaven's Fall", a mod which I had worked on for years and is available here.

attachment.php

If you download the attachment, "Release.zip" and unarchive its contents into your Warcraft III folder, you can play the first early development version of this Eve of Salvation mod.

And that is why I am here today -- to ask the general Hive community, in the form of a poll, whether I should continue with the Eve of Salvation project for fun or drop it and return to Heaven's Fall. Eve of Salvation is mostly a combination of touched-up versions of contents I created for past Techtree Contests, as well as the Northpact race that was worked on as a part of Heaven's Fall v2 (a conceptual idea of rebuilding Heaven's Fall with modern software which has never been fully realized).

So, anyone willing to be a beta tester, please download Eve of Salvation and maybe Heaven's Fall, too, and let me know if you feel this project is worth working on! "Eve of Salvation" was about a four-day project of combining old techtrees and content I had on my computer to make something fun. At the very least, I hope people in the Hive community might have some fun playing it. Perhaps it will be an inspiration about what you can do with the Nirvana MultiRace System!

Thanks!

If you cannot start the game, and see no player options available when you go to play, this means that you need to have the system requirements for Nirvana installed. This includes .NET Framework 4.0 and Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2010, as I recall. You can download them from Microsoft.com to make sure you have the correct versions.

Attachments

• Release.zip
    42.6 MB · Views: 303
  • MainMenuScreenshot.png
    MainMenuScreenshot.png
    2 MB · Views: 601
Level 14
OK, I voted "go back to Heaven's Fall", but that's just because there are only two options in the poll.

Besides the horrible fps drop, which prevented me from experiencing the gameplay to a good extent, my main issue is that all your races lack integrity, race fantasy, and individuality. They all feel like rehashes of other existing races, the SENTINEL being the Nigh Elves, and the other two being variations on the Orcs. There is nothing in the gameplay that was different than what we've already experienced in Warcraft III.

Of course, it is up to you whether you want to continue working on Heaven's Fall or on this mod, but in my opinion, if you chose the latter option, you must really work on better distinguishing the gameplay and integrity of the new races.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I think it's great to see more stuff from you, man. Personally I'm more a fan of Fantasy stuff, so the definitely-more-sci-fi bent this takes may not be my cuppa herbal tea. Still, carry on with whatever brings you joy! (Especially if it involves making Troll models. ^_^)

Status
Not open for further replies.