1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Kam, Jun 25, 2010.

1. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes i meant DoC

2. John_Drake

John_Drake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'll be releasing the newer DoC models one at a time as I finish them.

As a teaser, here's the new Azeroth Footman, the most likely candidate for first release.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. ronthewk

ronthewk

Resources:
    Resources:
    So wait a sec, John_Drake, I'm just curious. Since you're releasing your models like this, does that mean that DoC is dead? You're not going to continue working on it?

4. John_Drake

John_Drake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Oh no, we'll still be working on it. We haven't given up.

5. ronthewk

ronthewk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, great! That's good to hear. ^^

I assume any significant updates will be over at the DoC hosted project forums in WC3C?

6. John_Drake

John_Drake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yeah, though we'll probably start a thread over here as well once we get things rolling again. I'll be visiting Skullpitter (the other project leader) in about a week, so hopefully that will get us back to work.

Part of the reason I want to release models one by one as I make them is to help re-motivate me to get things done. I've got a lot of half-finished models, and if I work on making them all release worthy they'll eventually get done, heh.

7. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am glad to see you haven't called it quits.

8. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    go John Drake! DO IT! ;)

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Wow. This is something that, as a self-ascribed Archivist of old mods and their ideas, I can really respect.

However (and I hate to even bring it up like this, as it makes me look rather prideful), I would appreciate at least *some* recognition in regards to Ominous Horizons. I spent many long hours painstakingly copy-pasting almost the entirety of their forum-based discussions, e-mailed everyone I could get a hold of, finally managed to contact the two co-creators, grab the vital stuff (MPQ) & get permission to use, upload & modify it, and wrote up the entire "submission" (took forever to break it up into Zip-pable chunks x/...). Only at the end did they change the submitter to "TiJiL", which I was ok with because it was his work. :p

I even wrote that juicy little history paragraph about OH that you used, & arranged those guys to take that screenshot. Just sayin'. : ) Again, props for organizing this all for the people & making them aware. Just saying 'credit where credit is due', please. :p Again, kudos & thanks.

10. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have added Heaven's Fall by Retera.

11. DarkElfe

DarkElfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    As far as I know, once there was a project on motive Warhammer 40k. The project for a long time is deserted (correct if I am mistaken), and the most part of its models now is in the general(common) access on this site. However some models have not received a wide circulation. Such as: Kasrkin, Vox - Radio(I am sorry if was mistaken in a spelling),Fling'boyz and Flamethrower . If it is possible, I would like to ask to lay out you them in the common access within the framework of this project.

The author of these models Burning_Dragoon5

12. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. DarkElfe

DarkElfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank for given links, however I have already had time to see both this site and this subject. There only images this models, but I has already found where it is possible to receive them (all but Kasrkin). It is all that Chinese site bbs.islra.org about which I mentioned in a subject of project Warhammer Reign of Terror. If it is necessary (and it is possible) I could give the direct link to these resources.

14. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The link would be fine, however I still need to contact the author for permission.

15. DarkElfe

DarkElfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    As on models bbs.islra.org mentioned by me go as one pack with what already are on hiveworkshop, I have decided to collect models missing here in one archive and upload them is direct in this subject.

Attached Files:

16. Malefic

Malefic

Resources:
    Resources:
    What happened to Dawn of Chaos ?

17. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The pack is till available here. Do you mean their update?

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Couple thoughts I just had:

1) I was just perusing the topic, and you realized your missing at least 2 major projects & hallmarks of Wc3 Modding... Heart of Storms and The Great Troll War Mod (headed by Dmitry Rommel and TerranUp16, respectively). HoS is 'technically' still in development (*cough* after nearly a half-decade or more?... *cough*), but see #2 below. GTW, on the other hand, is long dead, and had tons of interesting resources & such... I should know. :p

Anyway, if you wanna format that and insert it into your Compendium, I fully approve. Just make sure to throw my name somewhere; many hours of work & a lot of contacting to get all that stuff. :p Hope people here can enjoy it.

2) The title of the topic is "projects of old", yet you have some 'current/finished' (Retera's) and 'still in progress' (Dawn of Chaos) stuff. If that's the case:

2a) Heart of Storms (HoS) is still in production, but it's really, really awexome. I happen to have a lot of documentation (forum archives in Word documents, picture archives, any available models (<- which is almost none; Rommel is infamously tight-gripped and wants things fresh for the mod)), if you'd be interested.

2b) Can I put my modding stuff up on this topic? I mean, the more people know, the better. And, (haha), my project is so slow as to be dead. :p I totally am & plan on continuing it, but for the purposes of your thread, it won't change much anytime in the immediate future. :p Let me know.

19. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyone is welcome to post their own material in this thread, if it's comprehensive enough I will add it to the front page.

I take it you are a steward of the GTW materials. Would you believe the original members would be ok with it being added?

I have not attempted to obtain anything for HoS, however if you would like to post promotional material as you have described I have no issue with that. You do need his permission to post models, textures, icons, sound files, etc.

I'll keep at this. I appreciate the effort on your part.

20. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hum, really? I'll have to think about that; I don't know if it's good/complete enough.

As much a 'steward' as is possible, I suppose (same with OH). And yes, I believe I have permission to have that posted (I should think so, given it's all up on Wc3C).

Not a problem. To be honest, this is what I should've done long ago; I've made it my self-ascribed mission (at least in the past) to be the Unofficial Archivist, but mainly for my own purposes. This is good.