• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Glad to see Withering Kind up there. It'd be nice to see some Authorship (since Michael_Peppers pretty much single-handedly created WK), though.

On that note, I'm surprised that you don't have anything from the Great Troll War Mod. As self-ascribed archivist (similar to OH and HoS), I wouldn't mind having a section of your archive link to & contain the GTW. Go here for the post.
(Heck, since we're basically doing the same thing, we should make an ARCHON :p arrangement, or partnership or the like.)

Also, very glad to see you're talking to RyutheDragon about pseudo-officially hosting the Faberge Egg of ancient mods... Heart of Storms. Really sobering yet exciting, that is. On that note, I have several Folders bursting with pictures & forum archives from HoS, if you are at all interested. I'd also love to write a little piece about it for your front-page post.

I leave the authorship of these projects blank on the OP because often there are so many people involved it is impossible to find a comprehensive list. I simply think it best to credit the project. If there is only a few people involved though I will gladly add their names.

I had tried to contact TerranUp16 many months ago without any response. If you feel you are empowered to allow me to add GTW then I certainly will.

I was not shocked about HoS, however I hope the pack includes a partial campaign or story line in text format. I've been following it for years and want closure. The quality of the models coming from HoS is extremely high - I am excited.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I leave the authorship of these projects blank on the OP because often there are so many people involved it is impossible to find a comprehensive list. I simply think it best to credit the project. If there is only a few people involved though I will gladly add their names.
I agree, and do the same thing. However, when it is primarily one creator (or one main guy in charge), I tend to put their name somewhere. : )

Kam said:
I had tried to contact TerranUp16 many months ago without any response. If you feel you are empowered to allow me to add GTW then I certainly will.
Check the previous link & I believe you'll find all the 'empowerment' you need. :p

Kam said:
I was not shocked about HoS, however I hope the pack includes a partial campaign or story line in text format. I've been following it for years and want closure. The quality of the models coming from HoS is extremely high - I am excited.
I too was excited for that, however, from what I have read, there wasn't any partial campaigns or single-player maps to speak of. :< Hopefully he had some storyline, though.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Thing is, Michael Peppers did have help from other modders(myself included), so it would be inaccurate to state that Michael Peppers single-handedly created all of the files in the archive.
But it is quite important to note that he was pretty much the only one working on the project itself, art not included.
Oh of course. The same is entirely true of me; I wouldn't be anywhere without the feedback and ideas of cosmicat, estel3 & others, the models of you, jigrael & others, the code of Alexander, cosmicat & others, etc. The same can be said of any mod, large or small.

I apologize, though, if I wasn't being entirely clear. There's generally a user (or two) that is the "leader", the guy with the original idea that is pushing all of this to happen. Someone has to coalesce all the talent, organize/rally the troops, provide motivation, actually physically make the maps & object editing involved.
deolrin said:
But it is quite important to note that he was pretty much the only one working on the project itself, art not included.
TerranUp16 for GTW, or Tijil & BHav for OH, or Dmitry Rommel for HoS, Mike for WK, (Rightfield for TToR, SantoRayo for Creep Rebellion, Moyack for PoC)... That's basically what I meant. The "leader" of the group being mentioned somewhere in the post to signify the 'driving force'. Then, of course as is proper, crediting everyone involved (the leader should have a list of this anyway :p).

Level 7
I'm looking forward to the release of more project assets like this! I've already found some stuff here that'll help me with my Warcraft 3 machinima project. :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Where can I find those icons in the map the Withtering Kind and whos the creator of the map
As long as it's unprotected, you can just open it up & extract them. You should be able to extract them from the MPQ provided. Otherwise screenshots (or contacting the creator) will have to do.

In which case, the creator (it should really state that somewhere on Kam's post, if it doesn't) is "Michael Peppers" (mainly from Wc3C.net, but also here).

Level 4
The Great Troll War has been added.

I can give no promises or time estimates but I am working on obtaining Heart of Storms.
Any news on HOS? Those other people who were working on it sort of disappeared, so you might be the last hope for a release. It would be such a shame for such nice resources to never get shared.

Level 4
Hello everybody!

Can someone can actually tell me how exactly do I use models from amazing Heaven's Fall pack that was posted in here? It seems impossible to import them to a map, there are even problems with opening them in Model Editor (no textures).

Level 4
It's not that, I already extracted whole .mpq file into new folder. It's just some models just don't load in Model Editor, not to mention World Editor (yeah, more funny boxes...). There are textures missing or paths broken I think, but I don't know how to fix it.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I've a question :
I've made some models that can be usefull but aren't enough good for being uploaded in the model section, would this thread be a fitting place for uploading them ??
It's ultimately up to Kam, but to be honest the thread-title & seeming-demeanor of this Thread appear to revolve around "Projects of Olde", not "Pile of New Geomerges".

Besides, you can always host a public Pastebin with all your models in it for people to peruse & enjoy (or an Album).

Level 14
It's ultimately up to Kam, but to be honest the thread-title & seeming-demeanor of this Thread appear to revolve around "Projects of Olde", not "Pile of New Geomerges".

Besides, you can always host a public Pastebin with all your models in it for people to peruse & enjoy (or an Album).

Actually I made them for amap that I was planning to make , so it can maybe be considerded as an old project :p !!
but you are maybe right it's possible that it's not the apropriate place !!

Post a few here using the pastebin and I'll take a look.

here is some of them http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=ewu7nq

Level 3
Well, this is a very good thread, very informative too

I have read about half the mods and will continue abit later
Now, I am gonna download and test the mods one by one :D

Thanks for telling us about this mod dude :)
Appreciate it!

Level 4
Nirvana is brilliant, I recommend playing it ;) . I discovered this mod some months ago on Russian website (there are some gems there, right for the taking), never knew it was translated to English.