• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

Level 10
Hey Kam, I have a Heart of Storms MPQ. You interested?

I'd like to see it shared with the entire community!

Last edited:
Level 10
Yes where did you get it?

I found them hiding on the website, its not a complete package. Theres definitely some stuff missing. But I promise you its a lot.

I not only have the MPQ but also another folder that includes models not in the MPQ. I will include both in one package.

I figure. Rommel wanted them uploaded so I'll do everyone a favor and get enough of it out now.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=0qq94i

Level 4
Sweet Jesus some of these are just c-r-a-z-y. Thank you kind sir, thank you indeed.

What are the chances that we'll get everything?

Last edited:
Level 16
If it is what i think it is, those models are damaged/not optimized/missing textures etc. , a guy who got them from rommel gave them to me for optimization ,if they are the same i'll upload a fixed version.

Level 10
If it is what i think it is, those models are damaged/not optimized/missing textures etc. , a guy who got them from rommel gave them to me for optimization ,if they are the same i'll upload a fixed version.

If any of the models are damaged, fixed versions would certainly be appreciated.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I found them hiding on the website, its not a complete package. Theres definitely some stuff missing. But I promise you its a lot.

I not only have the MPQ but also another folder that includes models not in the MPQ. I will include both in one package.

I figure. Rommel wanted them uploaded so I'll do everyone a favor and get enough of it out now.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=0qq94i
*sigh* and so it begins... I really wish you'd answered your VM before jumping through this. :<

I am ecstatic this was posted but as you see in the rest of the thread I provide evidence that each project head or surviving team members approved the upload. I have been asking various HoS members for half a decade about this and have gotten almost nowhere. Are you able to provide some evidence Rommel approved this?

Now assuming that's in order, and I want it to be, I would like to see the pack have all the necessary fixes made before I add it to the compendium.

Honestly I myself have no approval but Rommel did approve Ryuthedragon in the uploading of models here, and since that went nowhere fast I decided to just put up what I found myself. I consider the fact that he wanted them to be uploaded at all enough approval.

http://forum.samods.org/index.php?topic=12819.0

I'm not a mod but I was aware of his post there and I also took it as evidence of intention to release. I'll go ahead and say that it's ok to upload here but I still want to fix all of the issues we can before adding it officially.

Level 10
I figure it'd be for the best if everyone had a pick at the issues rather than just like a hand full.

Besides people want to see it, regardless of whether or not they are perfect.

Level 4
It's very nice of you to do so Kyrbi0, but I asked about something else - and I'm glad that JokeMaster is working on it.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It's very nice of you to do so Kyrbi0, but I asked about something else - and I'm glad that JokeMaster is working on it.
Umm, you did? I assumed by this
Is somebody working on this HoS pack?
you meant what you said; "is somebody working on Heart of Storms"? Well, I am, and (apparently) Jokemaster is too... Sellenisko & Jigrael are, Ryuthedragon was, and of course Dmitry Rommel himself.

So I was responding to that post/question (albeit a bit late).

Level 4
I thought it was obvious what I'm asking about, given what was written above what I wrote, that there are some models there to be fixed. But nothing happened, English is not my first language and perhaps I did something wrong.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I thought it was obvious what I'm asking about, given what was written above what I wrote, that there are some models there to be fixed. But nothing happened, English is not my first language and perhaps I did something wrong.
Ah, I see; I think we both merely mis-communicated. I took "work" (as in "work on HoS pack") to mean anything from 'fixing models' to actually 'providing the pack'; it appears you were referring primarily to 'fixing models'.

Level 4
test if i can post my mod picture
38119080_1409549788159_mthumb.jpg