• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GTW Mod Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Just thought I'd give a little update, just to ensure that you guys don't feel neglected (well, wc3c is the real place that's being neglected, but that is their own fault; if they want to continually insist we did something that we did not, it's their problem and their loss, not ours).

Well, GTW has progressed greatly since last we have posted anything about it here. We've mainly been concentrating on refining existing models to meet our high demands, but we're also making progress on systems, structures/doodads, and animation. Structures, unfortunately, are all WiPs atm, and we're not currently willing to release images of them =(

However, we have some new eye candy from some WiP and some completed unit models =)

Azerothien Archer Guard-
AzerothienArcherGuard.PNG

Model created by Jigrael
Skin created by Timfarman
Basically, we're just working on replacing the bow and quiver (we should have an update for this guy really soon)

Azerothien Footman-
AzerothienFootman.PNG

Model created by Urkdrengi and edited by Norinrad
Skin created by Dragonskull (Goliath_the_God) and edited by Timfarman
Still making edits to the skin to bring it up to our standard of quality

Azerothien Guard-
AzerothienGuard.PNG

Model created by Jigrael
Skin created by Timfarman
This is 100% done, with the exception of possibly reanimating it (basically, we're planning to go through and make major animation changes on all the models, but that will be last)

Azerothien Militia Archer-
AzerothienMilitiaArcher.PNG

Model and Skin created by Timfarman
This is done as far as I know =)

Colonel Scythelic-
ColonelScythelic.PNG

Model created by Jigrael
Skin created by Afronight_76

Dwarven Laborer-
DwarvenLaborer.PNG

Model and skin created by Norinrad

Dwarven Rifleman-
DwarvenRifleman.PNG

Model and skin created by Norinrad

Sergeant Maffrin-
SergeantMaffrin.PNG

Model created by Jigrael (yes, it was originally going to be based off the CaptainSailles model from here, but it was correupted so Jig had to model it from scratch)
Skin created by Jigrael and Timfarman

Troll Axethrower-
TrollAxethrower.PNG

Model created by Norinrad
Skin created by P!nS

Troll Axethrower (Melee)-
TrollAxethrowerMelee.PNG

Skin created by P!nS
When attacked by a melee unit, ranged units switch to melee mode to combat the threat.

Troll Axewielder-
TrollAxewielder.PNG

Skin created by P!nS

Troll Axewielder (Shield)-
TrollAxewielderShield.PNG

Skin created by P!nS
The Axewielder can put away his dagger and take out a wooden shield.

Troll Slasher-
TrollSlasher.PNG

Model and skin created by P!nS
Just needs a weapon replacement

Troll Underling-
TrollUnderling.PNG

Skin created by Timfarman and edited by P!nS

Troll Voodoo Hunter-
TrollVoodooHunter.PNG

Skin created by P!nS
Just requires a weapon replacement and some touch-ups.

If you're wondering why I put, "This is done as far as I know," and you're thinking "you suck dude, you're the leader, you should f-in know," I simply put there as an allowance for a change. Also, sometimes the modelers or skinners decide they are unhappy with the current incarnation and improve it, and I never discourage improvement.

Also, almost all the custom weapon models were created by Tbo.

For those of you who don't know what GTW is, it's a total conversion mod for WC3 that seeks to not only add 8 all new factions and not only to add two new campaigns (with PRE-RENDERED CINEMATICS!), but foremost to add numerous new, innovative, modern, and realistic systems, such as physics, accuracy, crawling, backstab, a new resource system, and a new neutral system. All of these things will be integrated and combined seamlessely to create an unprecedented level of depth.

If you want to learn more about GTW, feel free to visit www.gtwmod.com (our new base of operations; we're currently working on a site for it and skins for the forums, as well as rank icons) and we're also a hosted project at www.wc3anvil.net

Level 4
The only problem with the archer is that the back of his arrow isnt touching the string and the tip isnt anywhere near the bow. :wink:

Level 7
Really Jacek, I have a fairly good idea exactly what you intend to say in any pms concerning GTW, and I must say that it's really quite sad that you are ignorant and only listen to those who are obviously tainted about the matter.

I'd be more than willing to supply the full, correct, and truthful story should anyone wish to hear it. Unlike Jacek, I actually have this thing called evidence, as well as reason. Jacek, you know full well that what you believe has next to no evidence, and is less even than circumstantial. Perhaps you should stay on the wc3anvil chat box when I come on so I might cure you of your ignorance one of these days.

Anyways, I don't much care who you tell, as it's rather obvious that you've nothing to back it up with- not reason, not evidence (actually, since last I have spoken of the matter, there is even MORE evidence pointing to just how false your pov over the matter really is). So feel free to tell anyone who will listen, and to anyone who will listen to Jacek, I bid you listen to me as well.

I've nothing to fear from Jacek, spreading his ignorant words, for one must but read what I've to say, and one will see the folly of Jacek's ignorant point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.