• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Maybe through CiniCraft / Matt Andrzejczuk?

Site is now offline, but one can still find some Contact info, thanks to archive.org

CiniCraft hosted the 2007 archive, and made a campaign for it in 2009, or so it seems (please see Description on YouTube)

** update **

Pierce Arner might be of some help here too:
He made a thread about it on Google+

Quoting: "It was one of the bigger projects that I was involved in doing community work with back in... like 2006-ish [...] I just managed their content and I didn't directly build anything for the Mod itself"

Last edited:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

@Kam

i have some stuff that might interest some.

i found this folder filled with collection of model entitled WotH which i'm not sure where do i get this stuff from.
i assume it stands for War of the Three Hammer project from Wc3c.

it contain some fine quality model, and some of them are is still in WIP state.

not sure if it's allowed to be shared, but if someone able to ask permission to the corresponding author of the model or know that this model already allowed to be shared for public, i shall share it in here.

screenshot_5-jpg.245382
screenshot_6-jpg.245383

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 502
  • Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 493
The HoS pack is broken, i can't extract the files :c

The pack works for me: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/1aed63d8a800c5cb0958606fc76d12f14168/

@Kam

i have some stuff that might interest some.

i found this folder filled with collection of model entitled WotH which i'm not sure where do i get this stuff from.
i assume it stands for War of the Three Hammer project from Wc3c.

it contain some fine quality model, and some of them are is still in WIP state.

not sure if it's allowed to be shared, but if someone able to ask permission to the corresponding author of the model or know that this model already allowed to be shared for public, i shall share it in here.

screenshot_5-jpg.245382
screenshot_6-jpg.245383

I need permission from whoever is deemed to be the current leader of the mod.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

I need permission from whoever is deemed to be the current leader of the mod.

probably should moyacx as the person who have permission to share it in his site from what i seen in the blizzmod.info

the person who made the resources probably already retired from wc3 modding.

edit : horrible typo :p

Last edited by a moderator:
the person that should be ask moyacx as the person who have permission to share it in his site from what i seen in the blizzmod.info

the person who made the resources probably already retire from wc3 modding.

That has been an issue in the past and in the cases where the original team can't be reached I ask the site owner.

Level 13
*emerges from some dark mist*

The Withering Kind folder pack is malicious, I mean corrupted
That must be because back then I used some tool from Vexorian on the MPQ (can't remember which) to make sure nobody hacked the mod or used its resources maliciously. I am pretty sure somebody more knowledgeable than me can crack through that, since what that program did was remove the file list from the MPQ iirc.

"Is the Withering Kind ever gonna be revived?" somebody may ask. The answer is... sorry, no, I forgot most things about vJass and while it shouldn't be impossible to get back on track (the language is pretty easy to understand), I suffered from a couple of pretty bad HDD failures in the last couple of years which have deleted all of the most recent development versions I had for the mod, in which I had coded quite a bunch of new things. Also, those versions of The Withering Kind were the only ones without that protection thingy applied to them so... yeah, losing all that work and also having to hack through my own mod have killed any chance of me getting back to it.

PS: If you're only interested in the resources you can find pretty much all of them on this site and at wc3c.net. The resources are all credited in the mission/quest tab so you should find more information about them there.

*goes back into the mist*

EDIT: About that pretty old discussion about credits for The Withering Kind, just to be clear, most of the art assets have been taken here (Hive) and there (wc3c.net) from a bunch of modelers (of which I can only remember deolrin tho, lol), what little art I did was some icons from screenshots (which should be pretty easy to recognize since they all have red backgrounds) and some small edits/changes and a little work on the Scarlet Enforcer (the sword I think?, most of that model came from deolrin), I also used some public scripts and systems, like the Custom Race one from Archmage Owenalacaster and Timer/Caster systems from Rising_Dusk and Vexorian among others. Besides that, the rest of the assets were made by me, that includes all of the spells, code and that weird but brutal AI that tries to mimic the normal one but never succeeds.
Thanks to Kyrbi0 for his chivalry, much appreciated :D

Last edited:
Level 34
One question, i know that the HoS pack have all of the resources that Sellenisko managed to finish/recover (plus the already finished stuff from the original modders), but there are more resources from that mod? 'cause i've been reading some forums about the mod, and i think threre are more stuff :/

Also, did anyone knows about this project (wich seems pretty dead): Beyond the Dark Portal - XGM

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

They are stein :)
and there's still some buildings model that not inside the HoS pack in here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20.png
    Screenshot_20.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_21.png
    Screenshot_21.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_22.png
    Screenshot_22.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_23.png
    Screenshot_23.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_24.png
    Screenshot_24.png
    891.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Screenshot_25.png
    Screenshot_25.png
    369.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_26.png
    Screenshot_26.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_27.png
    Screenshot_27.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 162

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

should i just share it in here and put the link here?
if that would be ok..

Level 16
Level 34
Honestly i don't remember, I have spoken with rommel a few times about some stuff, and got a few files from him, but i don't think those came from there too.
Oh and here a screen pack of all missing HOS resources that i know of http://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/d602e6c5a929ce372b481114144b07547979/
For example i got from rommel those two :
Heart of Storms MOD
Heart of Storms MOD
Additionally i have the mod's campaign archive and mpq aswell as the w3o file with unit settings.
I'm really impressed, i have seen a lot of pictures of the HoS resources, but many of the file that you attached are totally new to me!

Honestly i don't remember, I have spoken with rommel a few times about some stuff, and got a few files from him, but i don't think those came from there too.
Oh and here a screen pack of all missing HOS resources that i know of http://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/d602e6c5a929ce372b481114144b07547979/
For example i got from rommel those two :
Heart of Storms MOD
Heart of Storms MOD
Additionally i have the mod's campaign archive and mpq aswell as the w3o file with unit settings.

If you would please contact him and see about having all of this added I would appreciate it.

The archive I have uploaded was assembled with some care as many resources were incomplete and needed work as I understand.

Level 12
@JokeMaster
Pretty please. Can you get these missing files
Specially the New Shocktrooper

EDIT:
@Kam @JokeMaster:
Took a look at the file that JokeMaster posted and I have two things to say:
  1. They sure made a mess there and would take someone some time to order things by their names and not by the file they replace
  2. Some models appear that appear on MPQ also appear on Sellenisko's Pack and some of the models in the MPQ are actually bugged in some form or another, requiring fix

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Dang. I have researched, archived (& been sitting on) HoS for years not a few, and I thought I'd seen everything... Where'd those Blue Drake/Dragon screenshots come from? Criminy.

See, that's how Dragons are done, Blizzard. Whelps, fine, Drakes, cool, but Dragons should be a BIG DEAL.

Level 16
If you would please contact him and see about having all of this added I would appreciate it.

The archive I have uploaded was assembled with some care as many resources were incomplete and needed work as I understand.

I haven't contacted him since 2013, or maybe even earlier.
Also they are not too broken, most are usable with only some minor fixing required, like finding the missing skin parts. Oh and don't try to open the taintedone the first/basic version as it is impossible ind mdx, when converted to mdl it works fine.

Level 12
I haven't contacted him since 2013, or maybe even earlier.
Also they are not too broken, most are usable with only some minor fixing required, like finding the missing skin parts. Oh and don't try to open the taintedone the first/basic version as it is impossible ind mdx, when converted to mdl it works fine.

I have a explaination in my post above Kyrbi0's

Well, there it is. Starcraft Revolution a famous Starcraft recreation in Warcraft 3 engine.

While we couldn't contact the developers, we can still preserve the mod in Hive. Enjoy.

If you want to play this mod you will need to downgrade to Warcraft TFT 1.21 patch.

Attachments

• PRSCMOD.7z
    115.6 MB · Views: 138

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

amazing pack joke master :)

seems it beat mine on the quantitiy hehe.
also, good luck with the pack guys

I'm not leaving the thread. I am the maintainer. *glowing blue eye slowly turns red

It's nice to see community members pursing new resources to add though.

The HoS resources I have are uploaded here, there was a lot I had no seen before in the above posts.

Regarding you being maintainer, will you "maintain" Starcraft Revolution mod? HoS isn't the only mod that has to be preserved here. Idk what the fuss about some few models is.

As I mentioned I couldn't contact the developers.

Level 12
Regarding you being maintainer, will you "maintain" Starcraft Revolution mod? HoS isn't the only mod that has to be preserved here. Idk what the fuss about some few models is.

As I mentioned I couldn't contact the developers.

Oops
Sorry for not commenting about what you brought up
I'll recompile everything

Level 16
Please report any broken models in other packs. When i finish with HOS i'll do my best to give others a proper maintenance.