• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

Have you tried with RMPQ extractor, i managed to open and get some resources, but the program changed the inner named to Filexxxx, and make it a real pain to read.

That process can take days for a few models as you must figure out each path and each files related textures. It's not viable.

It is hard since we need to install the pack to get the files, and the Files are not normally accessed like the other packs

I don't understand what it is that you think is hard. Just open mpq editor, load Revolution.mpq with a listfile I provided. Is that too hard?

I can't access and download the files without installing it
as Such I CAN'T REPACK IT.

Why would you need to repack it? The resources are inside mpq, why on earth would you install if you can simply extract them from MPQ Editor? Last time I checked this was a resource mod compendium not a repack compendium.

Level 12
Why would you need to repack it? The resources are inside mpq, why on earth would you install if you can simply extract them from MPQ Editor? Last time I checked this was a resource mod compendium not a repack compendium.

I need to repack into a RAR file with folders and the archives to be accessible it due to the installation requirement and to make it easier for usage in other projects

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Are you saying you take all the stuff in the MPQ & "repackage" it into a series of folders, then zip it up?

I mean, it's nice of you to do all that, but hardly necessary. The MPQ itself is a form of compression & organization; simply informing people "MPQ Editor needed to access this mod's files" should be sufficient.

Level 12
Are you saying you take all the stuff in the MPQ & "repackage" it into a series of folders, then zip it up?

I mean, it's nice of you to do all that, but hardly necessary. The MPQ itself is a form of compression & organization; simply informing people "MPQ Editor needed to access this mod's files" should be sufficient.

It's easier
and Besides... I have nothing to do other than Writing lore for Beyond The Throne, Play Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour Mods and Mess in the Internet
It gets Boring after some time

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It's easier
and Besides... I have nothing to do other than Writing lore for Beyond The Throne, Play Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour Mods and Mess in the Internet
It gets Boring after some time
Ah, to be young again... I think I might pay money to be bored again. To have the *time* to be bored again.

Why not learn a new skill? vJass, UVwrapping, geomerging... Or even non-Wc3-modding stuff; pottery, fencing, crocheting, blacksmithing, writing, drawing, etc...

~~~

Anyway, I guess it's nice of you to do all this, but getting mad about not being able to do all this extra stuff is silly.

Now, on to the heart of the matter; what's the problem, exactly? As long as you have the MPQ-in-question, and a listfile for that MPQ, you should be able to open the MPQ in any ol' MPQ Editor, Extract all the files, and then organize them to your heart's content.

Now, on to the heart of the matter; what's the problem, exactly? As long as you have the MPQ-in-question, and a listfile for that MPQ, you should be able to open the MPQ in any ol' MPQ Editor, Extract all the files, and then organize them to your heart's content.

That's exactly what I've told him/her like a million times.

Level 12

Not Exactly
I didn't Have a List File
And before you ask I'm using Magos' Model Editor to do the trick

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Not Exactly
I didn't Have a List File
Well that's what A Void's previous post was all about. : )

BlackRangerXIII said:
And before you ask I'm using Magos' Model Editor to do the trick
Ah, that's tricky. I would highly suggest using any ol' MPQ Editor; they give a nice window into the MPQ with files & organization & everything. Personally I use MPQMaster, though I also have MPQDraft.

Ah, to be young again... I think I might pay money to be bored again. To have the *time* to be bored again.

Why not learn a new skill? vJass, UVwrapping, geomerging... Or even non-Wc3-modding stuff; pottery, fencing, crocheting, blacksmithing, writing, drawing, etc...

No don't distract him from writing lore, haha.

Level 12
Took a look on the file with MPQMaster (Strong stuff I might say)
I still vote as rejected for project revolution because it would take quite a lot of time to convert everything back to standard files
All files has been renamed to "Filexxx" and thus would take time
The fault is not mine but the developers

Took a look on the file with MPQMaster (Strong stuff I might say)
I still vote as rejected for project revolution because it would take quite a lot of time to convert everything back to standard files

You should be thankful that I found the mod and even provided a listfile for it. We have what we have, for all I care your opinion is ignorant and means nothing. For once, try to be productive.

Level 12
Yes, unfortunately I couldn't identify those files. I opened some of them and it looks like bunch of models and interface textures.

I'm gonna try and Identify it
But what I need to know is HOW they were able to Protect their Files so damn well

EDIT: i'm unable to extract the files even with MPQ Master
My theory about it:
Project Revolution's Files are Protected

Also Sorry if Looked like a Arrogant Jackass @A Void

EDIT 2: New File Up
I've Just removed from the Protected MPQ
I didn't order or made the models more easy to import

Download Link

Last edited:
I'm gonna try and Identify it
But what I need to know is HOW they were able to Protect their Files so damn well

EDIT: i'm unable to extract the files even with MPQ Master
My theory about it:
Project Revolution's Files are Protected

Also Sorry if Looked like a Arrogant Jackass @A Void

EDIT 2: New File Up
I've Just removed from the Protected MPQ
I didn't order or made the models more easy to import

Download Link

I appreciate your apology. You should upload the package into Hive directly, either trough pastebin or upload a file.

Level 12
I appreciate your apology. You should upload the package into Hive directly, either trough pastebin or upload a file.

I can't without Taxing My internet Speed
For now use the Mega Link I've provided until @Kam Posts the mod in the OP

I was wondering why we couldn't see all that stuff in Magos... Why is that? Does it open in MPQ Master or whatever?

Why it don't open in magos i don't known. But i use Mpqmaster and QMPQ for those cases, and these two couldn't open the Starcraft mod.

It's because the MPQ was Protected
That's the reason we couldn't open it

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Incomplete / not properly documented archives may lead to confusion over time.
Better post a more complete listfile imho.

Yes, unfortunately I couldn't identify those files. I opened some of them and it looks like bunch of models and interface textures.
I know for sure a few more filenames can be discovered. :wink:

[...] I still vote as rejected for project revolution because it would take quite a lot of time to convert everything back to standard files
True.
Because they were trying to protect their work? :grin:

Incomplete / not properly documented archives may lead to confusion over time.
Better post a more complete listfile imho.

Obviously we don't have a complete one. It's better than nothing, posting the mod here on the main thread would give far more access to people who need those resources. Unless you have a better idea?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I was referring to the incomplete rar repack by @BlackRangerXIII.

Project Revolution is still easy to find and dl from MediaFire, thanks to ModDB user Leaf_It:
PRSCMOD.7z on MediaFire

I hope we are allowed to post the original archive here in OP as a backup, with the best possible listfile. I understand even Pierce Arner could not help in any way, notably with the filenames?

A former ModDB user going by the name Statharas claims to have managed to extract all the assets many years ago. Could it be @Statharas?

Regarding the listfile, I am currently at 815 unknowns.
Properly installing the mod might allow to discover additional names.

** update **

fyi, @Mynameislol claims to have fully deprotected Project Revolution's mpq:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/953835/

Last edited:
Level 18
Hi guys, benn a while since I came here to hiveworkshop! ^^
I recently found an old GTW test map on my hdd. I don't know how many things you have already that are inlcuded in it, but it seems that at least one model, my Dwarven Laborer was missing from the compendium while it was present in the map.
Anyways, I'm posting the .w3x file and extractec Laborer model, in casy if anyone is still interested. I think no one from the old GTW team will mind anymore.

Attachments

• Laborer.rar
    259.9 KB · Views: 217
  • GTWTestMap.w3x
    6.4 MB · Views: 345
Level 12
I recently found an old GTW test map on my hdd. I don't know how many things you have already that are inlcuded in it, but it seems that at least one model, my Dwarven Laborer was missing from the compendium while it was present in the map.
Anyways, I'm posting the .w3x file and extractec Laborer model, in casy if anyone is still interested. I think no one from the old GTW team will mind anymore.

I'll check it later and repack the mod.

Level 9

Thank you so much, man ツ
It is an absolutely fantastic model, and I advise people doing dwarf factions to check it out.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. I will alert the masses (actually I'm surprised you didn't see that thread on Wc3C first).

PM incoming. : )

Last edited:
Level 12
So, what about Project Revolution? Why wasn't it included already?

Talk to @Kam
He's the Thread Manager.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated files for the "Great Troll War" mod:

DOWNLOAD LINK

Changelog:
  1. Repacked the files into a better folder organization
  2. Added Norinad's Labourer
  3. Added Norinad's Test Map
Updated files for "Heart of Storms" mod

DOWNLOAD LINK

Changelog:
  1. Repacked the files into a better folder organization
  2. Added some models - Thanks JokeMaster
  3. Removed repeated icon files and remade the icons
  4. Removed bugged, Work In Progress, repeated and early models - Some needs fix, some had extra files which increased the Rar size and some has updated models, such as the Val'kyr model.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hi guy´s i have a one problem whit te files of HOS is this file:

en seccion of unit the Hero "ChosenOne"

This file is ok "HeroChosenOne2_Portrait.mdl" whe use the "HeroChosenOne2.mdl" the editor is crashed.

I need help for fixed, thank you!

Level 12
Hi guy´s i have a one problem whit te files of HOS is this file:

en seccion of unit the Hero "ChosenOne"

This file is ok "HeroChosenOne2_Portrait.mdl" whe use the "HeroChosenOne2.mdl" the editor is crashed.

I need help for fixed, thank you!

What editor crashes, World edit or Magos?

Oh really? Does tomorrow count 3 weeks?

I am extremely busy. It will happen.

Ouch

Level 27
Depending or the model.

A:Remember that custom textures needs to have the /texture/ in the path of the custom skin removed.
B:Don't import a mdl to the editor, change it to mdx first.
C:Some ribbons and spray particles destroy models, when opened on magos and mdlvis.

Level 3
Yes, when im selec the unit and change the model for the "HeroChosenOne2.mdl" when select the model in the world edit is a crash

but in War3ModelEditor and Mdlvisi see a model in a perfect