• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Primal Island Beta 3.0

Reactions: yuriy_valandil
Island Survival

Players required are singleplayer.

Tips: Never drop your energy to zero, use your sprint wisely and watch your food bar from the upper right of the screen, establish a settlement and gather resources around the map, avoid ancient creatures as they would pose a fatal threat toward you unless you are fully armed.

-Features
Crafting System
Unique Creatures Behaviours
Hunger and Energy System
Taming lower class creatures
Slight Realism

-Goals
Get 500 Gold before Timer goes down
Survive from all terror
Hunt your own meal

Inspired by: Ark and Before the Winter

The Story

Far in the southern seas live tales of an island that were surrounded by hundreds of storms that spare no souls and ships, as its wrath trembles the seas into tides of mountains. for the most enduring ships to sink but beneath these horrors and death, lies shining pure GOLD! enough to buy you anything and such might also includes life, you were hired as a random sailor from a desperate Captain, that her wife suffer from an illness that requires an expensive treatment. As you join the venture and seek what you seem an opportunity of a life time. At first you and your crews doubting if such Island exist that was only told by fables but as an hour passed, a storm struck your ship without mercy. 35 of men who volunteer of such expedition, you are the only few that were lucky to step on the shore of these unknown islands, even if you are no longer able to leave from these islands, you have promised and respected those who have lost, decided not to waste such sacrifices they made but to continue living and finding what your fallen brothers seeks, GOLD.

"At least that's the only thing that I can... I must do for them and so that may their souls rest" said you.

Patch Notes for Version 2.0
-Player slot has been changed
-New terrain revamped
-Cliff and Volcano Updates
-Natural Disaster Update
-New Dinosaur Habitats such as Caves and Swamp
-Gameplay on the Quest Log
-Tools life span system and can be fixed
-Introducing a new large beast
-Life bars or selection scale fixed

-Random Spawn point with 3 Sites
-Refined Descriptions
-Vines and Sticks can now fuel the Firepit

Patch Notes for Version 2.1
-New Basic Items
-Mission tab has all of the basic crafting recipe for low tier items
-Knowledge is added on the Quest Log.
-Giant Crabs
-You will be injured when start up.
-Envenomed Spear and Plating Armor has finally been added.
-Blueprint will now be removed

Patch Notes for Version 3.0
-Crafting System has been reworked as blueprint item is no longer necessary
-Weapon and Limitation which you can only carry one
-Introducing three modes the Sandbox, Survival and Man Hunt
-Two new high tier items has been added, forged by the meteorite material
-New cave route which means entering one will transport you to the other caverns
-Items are now stackable
-Two new type of trees, Mangrove and Pine
-Disasters are now set to random
-Search on the Ground has been reworked
-Predators will pursue and attack you on the first sight
-Natural Items are spawning has been set at places
-Mortar, clay, cement and sand item has been added.

Next Update on February stay tuned.

Special Thanks to:
Olofmoleman
Thaelran
Buster
Talavaj
The_Silent
Turtle
Dominus15
Tier10Trash
Proxy
Chilla_Killa
Eubz
Fingolfin
!!GORO!!
Uncle Fester
-For Crafting System Reworked
Nichilus and Uncle
1st Natural Disasters will occur during your time on the island and there will be many of them. (Completed)

2nd Cliff and terrain revamped with a new volcanic updates. (Completed)

3rd Man Hunt Mode are a Squad of Utaraptor possessed by the spirits of your fallen brethren seeking death upon your soul and in order to please them and end their suffering you must mine 5000 gold within a span of 25 minutes.(Completed)

4th Most Items will be stackable and no longer have concerns of limited resources.(Completed)

5th New Taming System for the Gentle and Apex Beast that roams these land

6th
Journal System, a corpse sat down from one of these lands hidden from the vegetation, there lies with him was journal that shall explain the hidden lore and secrets of these cursed island.

7th New Items and Weapons, with low and high tiers while defining their rareness, Structures and Fortification.

8th Creatures and Critters spawning overhaul.

9th Search on a ground ability overhaul.(Completed)

10th Global virus and Disease System.

12th Sandbox is worked in progress.

50% Chances of Being Added are:

Sanity System
Inventory System
PvP

PvE
Note that I cannot be so sure for Multiplayer.
Previews
Contents

Primal Island (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The hero should be automatically selected in the beginning. Sleep's description is unfinished. Feels weird for flying dinosaurs to suddenly stop and remain flying in the air idly. Could be standing down or on a branch or on a perch/cliff/nest somehow...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. The hero should be automatically selected in the beginning.
  2. Sleep's description is unfinished.
  3. Feels weird for flying dinosaurs to suddenly stop and remain flying in the air idly. Could be standing down or on a branch or on a perch/cliff/nest somehow if the models have any corresponding animations.
  4. Sea Scorpion is small but has a huge selection circle also showing a huge life/mana bar. Same with Diplocaulus, Horseshoe Crab and many other small animals.
  5. No info in the quest log about the gameplay and stuff.
  6. The crafting blueprint can be created outside the inventory and won't be removed if the inventory is full.
  7. Would be nice to have some descriptions for the stuff you craft, what they're good for, some hints which would be best crafted first etc.
  8. Could rename the upkeep text to something like: "your food is getting low"; "you're hungry" ; "you're starving".
  9. You always seem to start in the same place. Not sure if there's any randomization in what start locations for survivors, dinosaurs and resources are concerned.
  10. There's also some chance to die running around trying to find a branch or rarer resources.
For now it's pretty simple compared to others of the genre. Needs polishing too.

Approved

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 6
Thanks for the feedback, I never have high expectation of this map but I am trying my best, there will be an update maybe next week, Cliff and Natural Disasters while may also fixing some of the problems you mention but really thanks, criticizing can improve the map.

Level 6
Sorry but how does search on the ground work ? is it casual ? I was looking for a log everywere , couldn't found it. I like the conceptions, but I think it is not playeable at all... I think it would be better to make regions, some with trees and bushere where you can find branches, logs and sticks and some areas where you can only find erbs to eat with probability of 25% maybe... also I think campfire should live longer and you should be abble to add wood to make it burn more(add healthto it). I love the concept, keep working on this map, it has potential !

Level 6
I think I did the part where you put log into the campfire and will restore the health points but I did not add it with the sticks and vines so there would be a change, for the search on the ground ability it was set to random like a gamble so it would be more challenging a bit. Herbs as food, I am not sure yet that might do but as recipe for a soup or food that it would certainly make sense as it provides buffs and thanks for the Feedback.