• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pheonix Competition #3 - Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I think I'm done with this one, can't see anything that I might add. Off to the next icon :p

Attachments

• 1c.png
    1c.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 157
  • icon.png
    icon.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 124

TDR

TDR

Level 18
still looks like fluff man...fire is made out of curvy shapes, not out of equal upstrokes. The lower part is a bit better though. Make it more diverse, vary the heights.

Here's another variant for earth of mine. Silly me, I was trying to illustrate the element itself, not an ability related to the element...now I tried to make Implosion (Earth)...
And by the way, these are not final entries! I'll clearly state which ones will be final and post all the required versions of them.

Attachments

• earth3.jpg
    earth3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 169
@ TDR its because i stoped working on it last night and forgot to save the 256version as a psd so i just scalled the other one up
EDIT-heres my wip ice icon(looked at icons in wc3 and decided to make my icons more "cartoonish". it looks stupid atm and has no shape but right now it is still a WIP

Attachments

• WIPice claw.jpg
    WIPice claw.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
it looks like some kind of bear claw...
and the whole point to show the 256x256 is to prove that it was made by you and to see how you worked...if you just scale it up it's useless and doesn't serve the point...I'm not insinuating that you didn't do it, I'm just saying why that rule exists.

Level 2
I'm loving these guys... really nice job all of you. People like me with no artistic talent rely on people with you who do so.... thanks!

Level 2
An idea...

First off this is NOT an entry... I am waaaay to untalented an artist to embarrass myself. However it IS and idea that someone may like and decide to use (note: I freely give this idea to you, the artistically gifted to use as you wish).

With the theme 'elements' I thought about the way they all interact in nature and how those would translate into a 'landscape' if you were to start with the base elements and then include where they collide. There would be 10 total Icons possible from all the interaction. To show you what I mean, I made a really really bad drawing (guess no chance I'm going to be accused of stealing someone else’s work. Ha!) to illustrate...

Baseimage.jpg

Starting at the left we have Mountains (Earth), then a Volcano (Earth + Fire), then a Lava Slide (Fire), then a boiling sea (Fire + Water), then an ocean (Water), then a Hurricane (Water + Air), then a cliff being eroded by the sea (Water + Earth), then some sand dunes blown by the wind (Earth + Wind) then back to Mountains (P.S. I know I'm missing pure air... this is an example, and not a very good one).

Then you could cut the landscape up into icons on each part, like so, and have a cool set of icons.

I'd like to see what someone with talent could come up with using this method!

Attachments

• 1BTNVolcano(Earth-Fire).jpg
    1BTNVolcano(Earth-Fire).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 2BTNLavaFlow(Fire).jpg
    2BTNLavaFlow(Fire).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 3BTNBoilingSeas(Fire-Water).jpg
    3BTNBoilingSeas(Fire-Water).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 126
Level 2
Well that was a pretty dumb answer to a pretty good suggestion.

I guess you don't like Taco Bell since you seem content to think inside the bun.

Level 2
Tsunami?

water.jpg

Meh, I don't think so, I think it's overcrowded and you can't really tell what's going on...I'll try some other things.

I too enjoy the guys in the background being tossed around. Adds depth. Maybe only one guy in the foreground to lessen 'clutter' but honestly I think it's perfect.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
hmm...I thought that it was so crowded that you couldn't tell what's happening in there. But 'guess I was wrong.
Anyway I made another one, "Summon Kraken" or something...

water2.jpg

Which one should I use as final?
Or can we have more than 4 in total? 'Cause in the rule it says 4 to "successfully" complete this trial, so I'm guessing we can have more? Or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.