• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pheonix Competition #3 - Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My Other Elements

Alright, I'm done my elements now. They are Burning Wheel of Flames, Freezing Blast, Rock Smash, and Wind Wall. Hope you like them.

Hmmm, the pictures aren't showing up. Trying to fix them as we speak.

Edit: Fixed, they should show up now, but they are increased in size so they might be blurry, My fire one is in a previous post (page 9).

Attachments

• Button FreezingBlast.JPG
    Button FreezingBlast.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Button Rock Smash.JPG
    Button Rock Smash.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Button Wind Wall.JPG
    Button Wind Wall.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 125
Level 36
Too bad, so sad.

changing it to 256, take it or leave it.

My god I hate it when people say things like that. It makes them look like such a dick. T_T

So why are we having to work on an ICON at hi res like that? I use 128 most of the time because that way my details don't get too screwed up when I shrink it. I think one must trust another to the point where one does not hinder another's work just to check for authenticity. We are a community that trusts one another, are we not?

TDR

TDR

Level 18
SuPa-, did you turn gay or something? what's with those colors man...

FF7 project-G, that looks more like a railgun projectile trail than lightning. Don't try to complicate things, the simpler the better, you don't have to show everything you know in a single drawing.

Level 36
Yeh only a few people have it. I think Ralle has to add them manually or something, that is why it's taking so long, but I recently posted the idea that every user should have an icon next to their name so we don't get forum mods and resource mods and admins mixed up. I guess he followed my suggestion :D Anyways, I like it.

[/off topic]

Let's get back on topic.

Level 36
Here's something I came up messing around with various tools + brushes in Photoshop for about 20 mins D:. I like it much better than my first thing.
It's a flaming fist! I think I will rotate it though. Note that the image will be shrunk to like 56x56 not 64x64 and then the borders added on.

Edit: And it needs knuckles... D:

15do3dz.png

Level 10
Not sure if it fits the rules exactly... I took the whole nature spin on the earth element. But anyway, here's the first of my icons, with the 512x512 original. I'll upload my icons as in the correct format when I have all of them done.

Attachments

• CreepingVinesFull.jpg
    CreepingVinesFull.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 130
  • BTNCreepingVines.jpg
    BTNCreepingVines.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 303
  • PASBTNCreepingVines.jpg
    PASBTNCreepingVines.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 303
  • DISBTNCreepingVines.jpg
    DISBTNCreepingVines.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Update

I've decided to keep the idea, but I remade the ice needles
Here is the new WIP (for now, the spikes haven't been made, only the needls are)
Here is the 512 image:

attachment.php

Here is the "iconified" size version:

attachment.php

All is freehand (no filter used, only layers and brushes)
Oh, and i'm using Gimp 2 (PS is on the other computer)

Attachments

• wipIceSpikeAndNeedlesiconification.jpg
    wipIceSpikeAndNeedlesiconification.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 201
  • wipIceSpikeAndNeedles.jpg
    wipIceSpikeAndNeedles.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 204
Status
Not open for further replies.