1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Bob27, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ive worked on City Of Drugs harder than ive ever worked on any map before. We have finnished main concept about 2 weeks ago, and have been improving and bugfixing ever since.
    However, madome wasnt that active since school has started, but no worries. Even if COD wont win the contest, we will still be ready to come up with a very decent product that is well made and is just fun to play anywhere and any time

2. 13lack.1)ragon

13lack.1)ragon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, I've finished this map as much as its going to be finished before the deadline. Hope you guys enjoy it and I hope you all vote for it :).

I posted a Zipped file and the actual file, in case you guys encounter a problem with one or the other...

The official entry for Bloodvirus and Dreadnought[dA] has been entered. Any of you may host this online on bnet if you want, but if you don't think it's good enough as is then by far don't host it! let it be upgraded by us first!

Chances are though that we won't be spending any more time on this so this map is free for modifications as long as original credits are given!
    Enjoy!

Attached Files:

3. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, thanks for the entry Bloodvirus!

Ok everyone, remember that your entry doesn't have to be finished, so if your map is at least half playable, then submit it! A half completed map is better then no map at all

4. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I agree, all of these map-makers are complaining about not completely finishing their map. It doesn't have to be perfect, just playable. Some are worked on more than others, but it's the hard work that goes into crunch-time.

5. jonadrian619

jonadrian619

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've never discussed with my pair for a long time. I'll try to retrieve the map from Diablo-dk and set things out then tomorrow I'll (maybe) upload this map.

I've been out because I'm currently making a total conversion mod for Wc3, but I'll keep it top secret.

6. mrdarknezz

mrdarknezz

Resources:
    Resources:
    City of drugs for the win :p

7. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Submitting City Of Drugs that can be DL here:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5196
    Make sure you try all 3 forces: mafia, drug and police
    Highlights Police: Radio Communication (read inside your abilty pack), Helicopter, arrest, Commander option
    Highlights Mafia: Working for Druglord, tank, HoldUP mission
    Highlights Druglord: Selling/pushing drugs to junkies, drug-truck, building a base, hire mafia etc
    Try Cooking, Dancing and gambling (check your item description)

8. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If my computer were still working,i'd be more than happy to finish my map.

9. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok thanks for the entry!

I will start judging the maps tomorrow, so everyone if you haven't gotten an entry in yet then post one now.

10. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll work the whole rest of today on BEER BEER and submit it on 23:59GMT of the today ;)

11. Spammy

Spammy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wahooo Deadly Nights

Here is our map, Deadly Nights. It is not yet finished but can be playable. It is our first paired map so dont expect a masterpiece....... Expect to see more of us two around. :cry:

Attached Files:

12. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  13. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I worked all last night to get the map to a point where it was playable and today I was going to test it, but now the map crashes in loading screen and I have no clue what to do about that :cry:

14. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats why the most mapmakers test trigger by trigger and not just making a bunch of things and than testing.
    Crashing in loading screen can mean 2 things:
    You are using "map initialization" trigger with fault action. Like you can Use integer A instead of integer B. Example:
    • map init
      • Events
        • Map initialization
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Game - Display to (Player group((Player((Integer B))))) the text: Muahahaha

This trigger will crush the game (you are picking integer A and using integer B)

Or you use invalid image/model/skin
    Make a copy of you map and remove all trigger and imports one by one, testing them

15. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Lucky for me,I never use those.

16. Diablo-dk

Diablo-dk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Me and my partner had some problems with communication and such, so i first got started working out my part today, and i'm pretty busy with school and such atm, so we probaly won't have our map ready to tommorow.

17. Billy2

Billy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im sorry guys looks like our map wont be in, however if the competition is kept open a little longer we shall be able to complete.For some reason our map has buggered up everythink just stopped working, we can fix this but not in 1 night. Good luck to all the other contestents hope you all had fun making your maps, cant wait to play them! I know they will all be superb. Me and The_spoon will carry on making TOE but like i say if we dont get it in we shall submit it to the website anyway later on. Good Luck! Totally Gutted!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  18. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My partner did worse than he expected. WE still would have been able to make it exept he cant send it to me right now.

This is pretty much how I thought it would be: Everybody dropps out at the last second.

Sadly, I think it would probably be for the best to extend it by a week...

19. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well let's see how many maps will be submitted. And if you can't finish, well...just submit what you've got. A deadline is a deadline. Your unfinished map won't compete with any map that has been completed for a couple of weeks already. I doubt any of the complex maps that will be submitted have all the features the creators had planned already.

20. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Regardless of what billy just said I'm posting this very, very, very, very buggy map (I did fix that bug Doctor Pepper but it wasn't either of those two, for some reason I had "Run this trigger" in the trigger, and so it crashed.) Nevertheless there is many many more bugs. But, I think you can still beat your opponent but I plan to fix these things over the next few weeks, but the competitions over now but ohwell!

I think the map would be exellent, if it wern't so darn buggy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007