• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #12 - Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I hope you are the only 1 with that concept DevineArmy :D

oh and I made some progress on my new unit

Attachments

• femaleowlbear.JPG
    femaleowlbear.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 437
Level 21
i imagined a female abomination would resemble Despair from Sandman too much so i slimmed it a lot and made it look actually human and now it actually has its own thought, not a lumbering piece of flesh.

its yet to be animated
View attachment 47107
my first go at actually making an actual face.
anyways, tell me if this qualifies in the competition as a "female version of an existing WC model"
if not, i dont really care. i am gonna animate it anyways. just, not in a hurry to get under the competition deadline.

Nice, ha, it kind of reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas

i love tim burton. i watched nightmare before christmas countless times when i was a kid.
and yeah. i put two more arms so there are 4 in total. i want to keep the shape as human as possible so no bulging shoulder. i want to keep it pretty. but the idea of a limp is very good. i was gonna have it skip around like a girl for walk animation. i will just make two animation and see how it goes.

and to DonDustin. i suggest you make the face a lot slim and give it a slender neck to make it look more female. you dont need to. its just a suggestion. either way, i think it will turn out very interesting.

Aaaaaaaaahhhh fuuuuuuuuuck! I deleted my model!

See? Every model (and wip) you should give to me. I conserve all stuff I made from the very beginning. I screw myself only in cases I'm working 3 hours without saving and then suddenly electricity goes down or I screw something irrepairable like ik solvers.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Just can't have an abomination if it isn't comprised of:

An artificial head
Artificial guts
A pair of artificial feet
An artificial liver
An artificial heart
An artificial stomach
A prosthetic butt

Cookie to anyone who gets the reference :D

In other news, made a portrait, but wasn't happy with the way it looks ingame, as a result decided to rerig it to the sentry's bones.
@THE_END, yarr gotta redo the texture, so tats are a probable. The bikini top covers for the black on the upper torso, I'll have to see what works there.

you know it will be much easier if you just upload the half finished model rather than us look at a vid which takes longer to dl. or maybe animated GIF
dont know. just my opinion.
you might not want to show the model before it is 100% complete then i completely understand.

just a note. i am not dead just in case if you thought i quit this comp. i got attack 1,2,3,4 and stand animation done 2 days ago. didnt have time to do anything since then. bloody school. got a test and an essay on Monday so no progress this weekend

oh. i forgot. its 1:33 am at 14 of Feb
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!
:aht: *hugs the laptop screeen* :aht:
hope you guys have a good day.

Level 25
Link doesn't work?...

strange hmmm

you know it will be much easier if you just upload the half finished model rather than us look at a vid which takes longer to dl. or maybe animated GIF
dont know. just my opinion.
you might not want to show the model before it is 100% complete then i completely understand.

i can't export the model right now, i need to finish the animations than convert all bones to FK =_= and than export :(
here is the gif file

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 252
Level 35
-The Archmaiden-

The Archmaiden, the female equivelent of the Archmage (Jaina style).

ArchMaidenPresentation.png

She is a bit thin, but she is meant to be "feminine", and blizzard's rather fond use of huge arms, and pointy parts is rather ugly...

Please report any major bugs that you find, there are a few issues with the mesh looking weird in some places, but that is due to blizzard's animation, and is unfortunately, out of my hands.

Special thanks to General Frank, and LiOneSS, for their help in making sure my model was as error free as possible. And special dedication of this model goes to my Anwyn, for being the prime inspiration for this latest feat.

Models Removed: I still have a ways to go I guess.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
well i dont thing it fits at the contest coz its a bit lika 'a new model' coz the archmage rides horse ^^
Bah humbug. Seriously, it doesn't need to be a carbon-copy of the unit to "replace" it, and I think we all agree that the contest rules are a mite restrictive in this respect.

Elenai, you have my congratulations. I totally didn't think the rules would allow for cool, unique models; but this is totally neat. A solid Jaina-alternative; the staff is stellar, and (due to geomerging), it fits in Wc3 to a tee. Good job! :p

Level 30
I started on my pally model today.
It really can turn into anything i'd like though.
I'm still working on the anatomy.
I'll try to post previews any time soon. I'm using my laptop right now and I started the model on the big junkpile in the corner of my room :)
Model will be made from scratch completely. (although i might rip some blizz anims) It will become a paladin or a dreadlord :), sure about that.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Elenai, quite cool model but it does have some flaws.

The model has some serious proportioning issues. I understand your wanting to get away
from Blizzard chunkyness, but her legs and arms are tiny, especially compared to her
head which is huge. Her hair is three times the thickness of her arms. The entire reason
why Blizzard models are so damn chunky is so that they remain visible at ingame
distance. I acknowledge that it's a style thing but I can only recommend that you at
least consider improving the proportions.

In addition, there is an excess of team colour. The TC dominates the rest of the model
because the areas you've used it on are much larger than the areas that aren't TC. This
takes away from the model's sense of balance and cohesion. What's more, the TC areas
are quite undetailled so the overall effect is a bit overpowering.
You've got some great textures to play with there, so make the most of them! For the
cloak I'd recommend the HumanMage texture rather than Arthas' cloak and it'd be great
to see you work in some of the cloth from the ElfVillagerWoman texture into the body.
Just little things help to break up the monotony and add character.

Finally, why go to the trouble of modelling her chest armour so well if it's never going to
be seen due to being covered up by her gigantor shoulderpads? Seriously, either change
the shoulderpads or flatten her chest as it's just wasted polygons otherwise.

*phew!* I do like the staff and the crystals though, they're quite epic. You've got a
good thing going here, just needs a little refining :)

Level 35
I'll see what I can do :/

Somethings however, I cannot do, since it would 'uncover' some of the ugly areas that Blizzard didn't want to fix...like the non-attached cape and such. I have to cover up some things.

The elf villager cloth...I considered it, but it didn't quite fit the idea of a war-mage, I will see what I can do with the skirt however.

Perhaps it was a bit of hubris to enter a contest after 8 months of not modeling anything xD

But I'll have to make a brand new presentation picture....presentation is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.