• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #7 - Siege Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
believe me TDR i tried but i couldn't make the plane transparent, the alpha channels didn't work...

Also i got this error when i were about to animate the death. So i couldn't cont..

You know how to solve this ?

/MadseN

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 435

TDR

TDR

Level 18
yeah, well I couldn't squeeze a clear concept from my head, so I'll just improvise while modeling and see where that goes. So far I made this big guy that will be pulling the siege engine around.

Attachments

• siege_weapon_wip_01.jpg
    siege_weapon_wip_01.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 157
  • siege_weapon_wip_02.jpg
    siege_weapon_wip_02.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 230
Level 35
Here is my WIP.

A Space Quel'Dorei gunship.

This flying machine has long been under the forge hammers of the mighty High Elves...Long have they seen, that air superiority on the battle field, could not be won, merely with light fighters, quick and deft..darting about..

They needed massive firepower.

From the heavens they send down upon the enemy a raining hail of fire and destruction from their arcane fist...

The Infernatae X1 Anti-Material Arcane Cannon, "The Sunflare".

Attachments

• RENDEROFTEHLIFE!.jpg
    RENDEROFTEHLIFE!.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Rederoftehawesome.jpg
    Rederoftehawesome.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Anyways here it is.
My
Iron Dog of War
Anyways its a crazy machine of war. It bite and shell its way through the enemy lines and when it reaches the wall, it will blast the **** out of it
its partly inspired by my defiler i made (with the cannon, gun and melee attack) and partly by those freaky little robots called mousers in TMNT

The Spell Animation is artillery fire
Spell channel is sustained artillery fire
Spell slam is like the ulti where you fire at the wall or enemy troops and youre like
!!!~LOLIOWNYOU~!!!
fafaaffaaffa.jpg
take no heed to the petty peasant stats.
i tried all the animations on the editor and in the game. the only weird one is the death animation but its not too bad.
oh.. and when it dies it does a thunderclap effect on the ground. that is not a bug. i was trying to simulate a fissure and earthquake.
anyways here it is
View attachment Dog Of War.mdx
i am experimenting with the event objects and will put updated versions if possible

and to Werewolf
is it a cannon?it doesnt matter. i really like that model. not to mention it reminds me of my favourite toy in my childhood(^_^)

to DwarfZealot
i think the your models pretty good except its a bit tall for a ram and bit too short for a siege tower i cant say much because its only from one angle. although the texture is sure cool. is that a custom texture? if it isnt, doesnt really matter because you used it really well

To Mechanical Man
yours look pretty good too. i never seen anything like it so i cant compare it with anything. the blue crystals looks so advanced compared to the wooden body. the effects and the glow are really good tho.
one thing i would comment on is that you could make it 4 wheeled because that thing looks big and it has only two wheels to support it.
as an extra, maybe you could put a driver on it, like the goblin shredder

Level 45
Alright, im done, some slight errors like missed some uv wrap parts and some holes in the middle but meh, its done.

This is SkullSeige, a Skeletal Dragon like head that can be used to shoot fireballs, frostbreath or be used as biting/ramming. I was going to add particles but I cant get them to work, enjoy.

Attachments

• SSingame.jpg
    SSingame.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 492
  • SSShow.jpg
    SSShow.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 536
  • SkullSeige.mdx
    51.9 KB · Views: 127
Here's a new 'WIP' from me... Gave him a new head, which isn't as low-poly and also finished reskinning the organic areas.

lulz.gif

Hmmm yeah... it looks pretty good and all but what does he attack with? and does he float around like a hovercraft because i cant tell how he moves from the picture. but from this picture, i sure can tell the head looks great.

oh yeah, its the weekend! now i have some time to do some modelstuff. does anybody have a comment on my model so i could make it better?

TDR

TDR

Level 18
early wip of the siege machine itself. I'm thinking of dropping the idea with that dude that pulls this thing around 'cause I'm too lazy to animate the bastard.

Attachments

• siege_weapon_wip_03.jpg
    siege_weapon_wip_03.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 242
Status
Not open for further replies.