• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Campaign Heroes Pack (v0.8) - 168 maps

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
DOWNLOAD FULL 168 MAPS PACK FROM GOOGLE DRIVE:
DOWNLOAD

Melee Campaign Heroes is an altered melee with heroes and races from the original Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne campaigns.

Version 0.8 update
  • The Ogre race has been added;
  • The computer can play Ogres and Nagas;
  • All melee maps from RoC have been added to the pack. So now all the maps are from TFT, RoC and a dozen more custom maps;
  • The supported version of Warcraft is 1.29.2 or Reforged.
DOWNLOAD FULL PACK

276871-1962581cac2071e1805423e5bd2140d3.jpg

276872-1bb28228564f3a367a2ad53a9e4e5782.jpg

Required

The main ideas
  • Just upgrade your Hall to play as Naga or Ogre, or use warmill upgrade to play as Fel Orc
  • Computer can play new races
  • No graphic garbage, just like in a normal battle
  • A pack of 168 independent maps. You don't have to download everything, download your favorite map

The main objectives of the project
  • Embed all the heroes from the campaign
  • Embed all races from the campaign
  • Keep the original balance as much as possible
  • Save the earliest version of WarCraft III as possible
  • Big pack!

Credits

Used melee mapsIconsModels
Tauren by Murlocologist
Tyrande by Scias
Chaos Shaman by Sin'dorei300
Heal by Blizzard Entertainment (WoW)
Arthas by Murlocologist
Temple of Tides by Null
BloodLust by 𝓚𝓪𝓭𝓸𝓿𝓲𝓨𝓲ツ
Mage Stuff (upgrade) by 8512590215848
Gates of the Hell by PrinceYaser
VenomDagger by Static
Sprout by Sun gate
Skeletal orc by Don Valentino
BTNPoisonAbility66 by Marcos DAB
Mur'gul frenzy by protivogaznik
BTNToxicSkin by SpasMaster
BTNLightningBolt by Banzay89
VenomDagger by Static
Ogre by Ginufe
Ogre Rage by NFWar
OgreBash by Chucky
Ogre Upgrades by Stanakin
GiantOgreDevour by Marcos DAB
Ogre Lord by Murlocologist
Infernal Shower by InfernalShower
Altar of Storms (WC2) by loktar
Great Hall (WC2) v2 by loktar
Cairne, Rexxar by johnwar
Kel'Thusad by Ujimasa Hojo
Tyrande by kangyun
Chaos Shaman by epsilon
Temple of Tides (Naga Citadel) by Misha
Gul'dan by Tauer
Evil Arthas by Stefan.K
Pack horse by protivogaznik
Rexxar by johnwar
Skeleton Jaggernaut by Villagerino
Executioner by -Grendel
NagaRoyalVault by AndrewOverload519
TidalWym by @Hermit, @Lord_T, @Zerox
Nether Blast by Vinz
Soulfire Missile by Boogles
HydraCorrosiveGroundEffectV054 by kellym0
ToxicField by UgoUgo
Green Heal by HammerFist132
Omen / Dark Conversion by Vinz
Storm Bolt by Vinz
Ogre Arena by takakenji
TCSlashMissile by Dat-C3
Skeleton Ogre by Eagle XI
Chariot by Hoth
Magical Arrows by SovietElf
Ogre models by johnwar
OgreWarlock by takakenji
Ogre Drummer by Lord_T
Ogre Worker by supertoinkz
Ogre Worker by Dr
OgreMound by Red XIII
Ogre Stone Thrower by Kitabatake
Elf Paladin by Direfury
Огненный купол by Empyreal
WCII_GreatHall by Red XIII
Ogre Tower "Владения Каменной Пасти" by NilasAran_39
Ogre tower 'Watch Tower Pack' by Ilya Alaric
Dragon Roosts by jj84
Assorted Village Buildings Packs by bakr
Previews
Contents

MCH Battleground (Map)

MCH Booty Bay (Map)

MCH Deadlands (Map)

MCH Emerald Gardens (Map)

MCH Everfrost (Map)

MCH Lost Temple (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
While there are some nice abilities on some heroes, generally, it's a meager edit with not much custom content added. Simple. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission...
Level 8
Dear Moderator, we need to find the way how can I upload this pack and update it in the future. Because it will be difficult to update 124 maps each time. Moreover, it will be 200+ maps in the future.

We need a tool that can work with folders or archives, that include multiple maps.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Dear Moderator, we need to find the way how can I upload this pack and update it in the future. Because it will be difficult to update 124 maps each time. Moreover, it will be 200+ maps in the future.

We need a tool that can work with folders or archives, that include multiple maps.
You can simply add the rest of the maps in this bundle by clicking on the "add resource button".

Level 23
I've only tested humans and I have the impression that the level of customization, at least for this race, leaves a lot to be desired. As far as units are concerned, there are no new units, you can train captains and transform footmans into knights, little else. Regarding the heroes, almost all of them go with the basic skills. Hotkeys are also missing and for example Lord Garithos has as type "Lord Garithos". The admiral and Garithos are the only ones with some curious abilities.

Without having tried the rest of the races, it seems like a simple increase in the number of available heroes, and it's not bad that it is, but I expected something more. At least the added heroes had unique skills.

I will try the other races to see how they are, regards.

Level 8
You can simply add the rest of the maps in this bundle by clicking on the "add resource button".
Thanks, but in next updates my pack will include 200 maps. It will take a lot of time to upload and update them each time. Several hours, I guess.

What do you think if I upload several maps of the pack but save the external link to my Google Drive with all maps for people who really want to download all maps?

I've only tested humans and I have the impression that the level of customization, at least for this race, leaves a lot to be desired. As far as units are concerned, there are no new units, you can train captains and transform footmans into knights, little else. Regarding the heroes, almost all of them go with the basic skills. Hotkeys are also missing and for example Lord Garithos has as type "Lord Garithos". The admiral and Garithos are the only ones with some curious abilities.

Without having tried the rest of the races, it seems like a simple increase in the number of available heroes, and it's not bad that it is, but I expected something more. At least the added heroes had unique skills.

I will try the other races to see how they are, regards.

Big thank you for review. I will fix these misses.

MCH is young project, I created it 2 weeks ago. I think it will be more races, spells and heroes in the future.

Last edited:
Level 8
There is a target audience (including myself) who played the Campaign and has memories. My task is to make this pack as recognizable as possible, as similar as possible to what the people love in WC3 Campaign. But adjusted for balance. The balance is a delicate thing, but we will finish it together with the community (if they like).

Last edited:
Level 8
Melee Campaign Heroes Pack Update v0.6

General changes:

• Added several dialogues between characters, for example when someone kills someone. There will be more dialogues in the future;
  • Added a new soundset for Guldan and Proudmoore.

Changes by race:

Naga:

• Replaced the Tidebaron hero with the Royal Guard, which also replaces the Royal Guard unit.
  • The Mermaid hero has been replaced by Snake with new abilities.
  • Temple of Tides replaced the model with another author.
  • added Mur'gul Blood-Gill, who can heal, call ward that can see invisible units, the unit can get the aura of regeneration x2 after the upgrade.
  • Adjusted the cost of buildings.
  • Added an additional building for hiring troops.
  • Naga upgrades have been moved to a separate building.

Orc:

• Now Gul'dan can raise ordinary skeletons from ordinary corpses, or if it is an orc corpse, he will raise a skeletal orc.
  • Replaced the Gul'dan model.
  • Now you can buy Warlock units even if Gul-Dan is dead.

Undead:

• Arthas calls Ice Dragon much faster. Here you can see how long the dragon summons at previous update:

Alliance:

Since Arthas and Admiral Proudmoore have never met, players cannot choose both.

Current issues that will be fix in next patches:
  • Proudmoore has no replicas during the attack;
  • Naga still has not enough units (3) and hero (1).

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
While there are some nice abilities on some heroes, generally, it's a meager edit with not much custom content added.

Simple

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 8
Melee Campaign Heroes Pack Update v0.7

• Added Mal'ganis for the Undead, who can turn enemies of 1/2/3 level into zombies the same level or put them to sleep if they are above the level.
  • Added the demigod Cenarius who can grow trees during Tranquility.
  • Added the ability to switch between standard heroes and campaign heroes on the Altar.
  • The summon of Thrall now disable drinking the blood of a Monoroth. And vice versa. Also added other similar dependencies, which are now reflected in the description of each hero.
  • Thrall can throw a hammer, dealing damage to the area, for the place of the Lightning Chain ability.

Level 4
I like what this is aiming for, but experienced some bugs that may hinder the overall experience:
•Some hero abilities don't line the bottom of the skillbar as they typically do/should (like Gul'dan)
•When casting "Raise Dead Orc" with Gul'dan near enemy orc corpses, not only do you not get a Skeleton, you still get +2 added to your population.
•Once Peons become Fel they can no longer build structures. You have to train a new batch of Peons in order to build things.
•Admiral and Paladin/Arthas/Garithos had a strange interaction where, if you clicked one to train, but canceled, it'd completely remove the other from your roster of hero options. So if you click Admiral, then cancel, Pal/Ar/Gar poof from your list and vice versa with them > Admiral.

Other Suggestions:
•Being able to train Pack Horses and Wagons is AWESOME. I'm a sucker for stuff like that, but if you're going to make Wagon a tier 3 unit, it should at least have a movement speed on par with the pack horse.
•I think you're going to strike gold with the idea of unique units/upgrades being available or unavailable based on your choice of hero. It'll take tons of work and creativity to execute properly, but it'll not only diversify options, but give personality to a player's army/playstyle.
On that note, Night Elves + Humans can train a "Captain" unit depending on your choice of hero. However, you can only train one, and then they're gone for good upon death. I'd recommend treating these captain units like mini heroes, like how the Naga Royal Guard felt in the Frozen Throne campaign-- powerful, but not so much so that they overshadow actual heroes, but like heroes you only get a singular one in your army that you'll have to re-train if they perish.
It'd be a fun addition as well as powerful one.

Last edited:
Level 8
DuneDog, big thank you for the review!

•Admiral and Paladin/Arthas/Garithos had a strange interaction where, if you clicked one to train, but canceled, it'd completely remove the other from your roster of hero options. So if you click Admiral, then cancel, Pal/Ar/Gar poof from your list and vice versa with them > Admiral.
Thank you, but it's okay for my idea. Because Arthas and Admiral had never met in the original campaign, also they are the same type of units (Paladins). It is wrong to play several paladins I think.

Also, if you pick an Arthas, you will block the Evil Arthas for other players who plays Undead. So the first pick is defines the time period in which the melee takes place. It is hard to realise to change your pick for other players. Also, this ability can provoke deceptive peaks among players.

When casting "Raise Dead Orc" with Gul'dan near enemy orc corpses, not only do you not get a Skeleton, you still get +2 added to your population.
Should be fixed on 0.7.1 version.

Population growths because players can abuse their army by killing their units because skeletons not have expiration timer. But... I think to fix this for fun.

•Being able to train Pack Horses and Wagons is AWESOME. I'm a sucker for stuff like that, but if you're going to make Wagon a tier 3 unit, it should at least have a movement speed on par with the pack horse.
Okay i'll change it to tier 2 in 0.8 version.

•I think you're going to strike gold with the idea of unique units/upgrades being available or unavailable based on your choice of hero. It'll take tons of work and creativity to execute properly, but it'll not only diversify options, but give personality to a player's army/playstyle.
I continue to work in this direction. In v0.8 if you pick Rexxar or Ogre Lord, you will unlock a unique building in which you can buy ogres.

On that note, Night Elves + Humans can train a "Captain" unit depending on your choice of hero. However, you can only train one, and then they're gone for good upon death. I'd recommend treating these captain units like mini heroes, like how the Naga Royal Guard felt in the Frozen Throne campaign-- powerful, but not so much so that they overshadow actual heroes, but like heroes you only get a singular one in your army that you'll have to re-train if they perish.
It is good idea, but I'm worried about the balance. Yes, I have already violated it quite badly. But unique units have non-standard characteristics, and if the player can revive them, it will be able to use the strengths of these units too often. On the other hand, there's more fun, so I guess I'll do it.

If you haven't played 0.7.1, I don't recommend downloading it yet because of these bugs. In version 0.8, I will try to fix and find as many bugs as possible. So wait for 0.8.

Last edited:
Level 8
Have several thouts.

Today, when I played with my brother, I found funny bug with Proudmoore. His sound set is like meat wagon. That's because I replaced someone campaign soundset. But for some reason, sounds dropped off. So now Proudmoore sound scary and stupid. Will fix it on v0.9.

Also, I found that is Proudmoore don't have any paladin skills so in next version Proudmoore will not equal paladin, and you can summon both types of heroes.

Additionally, I think Proudmoore is too weak and nobody wants to play him. I think I should make him stronger. Maybe I should grab some of ready hero concepts from other authors?

I already create my own nice skill. It is a big bubble and your units have no damage from range attacks and magic when stay inside it. But making skills like that took many hours. But it is not my main task. What I need right now is just add demons, drenei and elfs to this pack. The main problem is many authors makes not so nice balance and I can't grab their custom races. For example, many modders make two basic units for high elfs that have 2 level. It is an archer and a footman. Because of that, elfs always weak. So I made archers and spell thief as main units. But spell thieves don't have any magic abilities on game start and need forge. But player can upgrade them and make them more powerful than standard balance in long distance. So I think this logic more powerful.

For now, my MCH pack doesn't look like something cool. But I hope it will be in the future.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 8
I wanted to release 0.9. But there is still a lot of work to do, there are a lot of bugs to fix. But working on the update greatly hinders the work. Therefore, I am sharing the unreleased version 0.9 in the form of a simple one map. It contains bugs. Friezes and drops are possible.

Anyone who wants can use these developments for their map. You can also transfer these changes to any map you want.

I don't know who might need it. But just in case. To know the current state of the map and understand what to expect from it, here is the Trello board with all my notes about lastest activity in this project: Trello

P.S.
I do not disappear from the online. Write here in the comments or in the cart any questions about the map. I will answer.

P.P.S.
You can also contact me on Telegram. The link is in my profile.

Attachments

• (6)GnollWood MCH 0.9 test.w3x
    9.1 MB · Views: 0