• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Low Tide

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

Low Tide
by AGKRegal102

Description:
The tide is low, so it is just a shallow wave.

Features:
- 4 Gold Mines - 2 Main (10000g), 2 Expansions (13000g)
- 2 Goblin Merchants
- 1 Fountain of Health
- 1 Tavern
- 4 Green Creep Camps
- 4 Orange Creep Camps
- 3 Red Creep Camps

Screenshots:
Before:
full

After:
full

Changelog:
v1.0
- Map uploaded
v1.1:
- Improved terrain, trees, and environments (also adding four props)
- Add one more expansion.
- Changed the golem camp that changes to Level 2 instead of Level 3.
- Changed the Murloc camp that changes to Level 2 instead of Level 3.
- Add one ramp to get safe.
- Add some trees from the golem expansion next to the shallow water.
- Add some critters.
- Add canopy trees next to the shallow water.

Author Notes:
If you have questions, suggestions or criticisms, just leave your comments below!
Contents

Low Tide (Map)

Reviews
mafe
A more standard map. The general them is intesting and something I have never seen before. I wonder though why the goblins put up shops that appear to be under water at high tide? Visually, the map satsifies the minimum necessities, but the "low tide"...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
A more standard map. The general them is intesting and something I have never seen before. I wonder though why the goblins put up shops that appear to be under water at high tide? Visually, the map satsifies the minimum necessities, but the "low tide" area would benefit from some major visual upgrade with water-related doodads. Many mapmakers alos consider it as "ugly" if the edges of the map are so clearly visible in some locations and not concealed by otherwise inaccessible terrain.
Items and creeps are mostly ok, but this time I have several issues with the layout:
1. The map is asymmetric, this should be changed. Atm I would much prefer to spawn in the blue starting location than in the red one.
2. Every 1v1 map needs at least one expansion per player. The area near the 6-2-2-2 golems seems suitable to add mines.
3. Again, the starting positions are too far away from the gold mines and forests.
4. It should always be possible to build AoWs close to creepspots near the base; this is another asymmetry between the starting positions.
5. While the existing creepspots and itemdrops are fine, again there are relatively few creeps overall. Ideally, the item at the shops would drop from a stronger creep.
6. Again, gaps between trees.

Overall, most of these issues should be improved. Until then, map set to Awaiting Update.

Level 14
Sorry for the late review, here's what you've got.

• Improved terrain, trees, and environments (also adding four props)
  • Add one more expansion.
  • Changed the golem camp that changes to Level 2 instead of Level 3.
  • Changed the Murloc camp that changes to Level 2 instead of Level 3.
  • Add one ramp to get safe.
  • Add some trees from the golem expansion next to the shallow water.
  • Add some critters.
  • Add canopy trees next to the shallow water.