• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Klin lore

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
MAIN CHARACTER
The main character is Klin. Strong and agile Orc, but weak-minded.
PLOT
The main (leader of the Horde) sends Klin to inspect the volcano. Klin himself does not understand why, but goes there, but there a surprise awaits him...
CAMPAIGN FEATURES
- Many easter eggs
- Lots of artifacts and hidden objects
- Open story (not confusing)
- Little has been changed (in terms of abilities, models, landscapes)
- The relief and decorations are entirely made by me and Mentilar
- 15 chapters (7 cutscenes and 8 game chapters)
- There are some models, icons, music from WOW
DESCRIPTION
This is my first campaign, I posted it half a year ago in Russian, and now I decided to translate it into English. I think you will like it.
CREDITS
Blizzard - Original Campaign
Blizzard - heartstone
darkdeathknight - BTNCameraFar

Deolrin - Centaur Flamecaller
sc_freek - InfernalBirth
Kenntaur - Obsidian Golem
Zavorakto - Tauren Great Hall
apaka - Tauren Hunter
Taur - Tauren Warrior
apaka - Tauren Worker, TaurenKodoBeast
Vinz - Ubershield
Buster - WaterfallFX
Previews
Contents

Klin lore (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A nice standard inspired campaign with a nonsensical story that needs improvement in what the user techtree creativity, terrain aesthetics and gameplay variety are concerned. Simple. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by Klin lore

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Might wanted to make it look like he was thinking but instead I saw it as him talking to himself. And he doesn't say much about why he is supposed to go there. What is the premise?
  2. From the start, the same Blademaster abilities. This makes for a recycled gameplay, not at all creative or engaging.
  3. Units remain selected during cinematic mode.
  4. Why were the rocks invulnerable before saving the grunt? It doesn't really make sense. This creates linear gameplay. Afterwards this was amended with the multiple paths you could go on.
  5. In the interlude the orcs are depicted as stupid, at least the Grunt is. This doesn't help the character especially when he is supposed to undergo trials that require more than physical strength.
  6. Chapter 2: Somehow the rocks appeared right then and then the forest cleared out.
  7. The player names of the enemies and allies are empty squares.
  8. I understand English is not something you master but they aren't talking like people, most of the time.
  9. Grunt Boots has no description. Doesn't seem to give anything.
  10. Why is he so affected by the fact that the green hero died? He didn't want to help him anyway and was about to run away from the fight. Then he wanted to avenge him...
  11. Interlude: even less sense. Some outsider orc had to come to tell the hero about what he and the others there should have already known. The choosing of the leader is horrifyingly hilarious to say the least.
  12. Klin is rather silly character not understanding much but still managing to succeed. He seems to imagine things like some random Paladin being the killer of the "Main" not only surprising himself but also the players. Even if the paladin lies to him he'd still believe it. Then he finishes off by laughing like Santa Claus.
  13. Chapter 4: Linearity with the indestructible rock chunks that progressively become vulnerable. Also, too much time for this map to wait for.
  14. The item that drops near the Orb of Fire has no name and no description.
  15. Because orbs are locked to their position in the inventory you can't choose which effect you want to use.
  16. Up until chapter 5, maps are small and pretty simple. This one is a step forward but still retains the monotony of gameplay overall.
  17. "Thank you! How can we thank you?" :D
  18. Too bad you can't use Wind Walk the way he did to escape. Also, does every silly villain lock enemies with their weapons as well?
  19. The Camera item found earlier now has no name and no description.
  20. In chapter seven if you go near an invulnerable iron gate in the north, the time of day changes to night and remains that way.
  21. The Lich drops a vial that has no name and no description.
  22. Disease Clouds can be attacked and selected. Use Locust ability on them.
  23. There's another item looking like Azsune's Heart, here named C with no description.
  24. You can finish the levers quest by destroying the last one in the bandit camp which triggers two cinematic scenes at the same time.
  25. The Orb of Corruption icon item you get from the demons has no name.
  26. The Shades aren't the only ones that see Klin when invisible, also the Furbolgs during the scene where they meet :D
  27. The Cloak of Shadows has . . . instead of a name and description.
  28. You can't build a Voodoo Lounge thus you have no way of getting an orb to attack air units unless you buy it from your allies.
  29. Useless items like Spare Parts should be runes/variables (boleans/integers) so that they won't occupy inventory space.
  30. Funny that the Wyvers were caged with the riders as well.
  31. Kostya says "(null)" but he sleeps. Dimitry also and the beast talks after it was killed by the wyverns.
  32. Nerub Tower selection circle is too small.
  33. Klin is a cheater, heh.
  34. There's no escape from the samurai when he deals damage almost more than your life and you get constantly blocked by rocks and he awaits there. Also, no quest.
  35. The end is more than disappointing making Ret a useless character.
A nice standard inspired campaign with a nonsensical story that needs improvement in what the user techtree creativity, terrain aesthetics and gameplay variety are concerned.

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited: