• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan V Arthas 2.01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Kyros Drakon
ARTHAS V ILLIDAN 1.0
You will chose to be Illidan or Arthas and fight to the death!!

MAP ILLIDAN ARTHAS
this is the 2nd map i have made if there are any bugs please tell me.
Previews
Contents

Illidan V Arthas 2.01 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Yes, I'll have to agree with most of what @Daffa commented. It's indeed too simple, more like a test map, really. Simple. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules...
I will be extremely blunt after wasting around 8 minutes playing this:
"Do you even properly playtest your map before uploading here?"

This map is not even properly set-up in my opinion. The game is extremely stale that I wonder how I even bother trying to finish this with my time and I am sure polishing this review takes more time than me playing this map. Let's get to the details:
  1. No win condition. YES. NO WIN CONDITION! I defeated Arthas as Illidan and NOTHING HAPPENS!
  2. Why do you even need the gold? With better set-up on the object editor data, the golds and lumbers are not even necessary.
  3. The units, with Illidan, Arthas, and the building each player start with as exception, is basically default melee game data.
  4. Illidan with Infernal that spawns Naga Royal Guard? Are you serious? This can be a proper summoning ability rather than this ... weird combination.
  5. Or do I have to mention that Drunken Haze? Could've better customized abilities here.
  6. Or the fact that Mana Burn is still here despite everything else?
  7. Could've just removed the unnecessary travel segment and everything else is more or less the same. There's no real build-up, even if both sides follow the supposed path.
  8. Well, when I looked the map file up, look at what I found. The ONLY TRIGGER in the map:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing your goal it to kill Illidan or Arthas depending who you picked,you may begin as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Kill arthas or illi... with the description kill illidan or art..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAnimateDead.blp
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: kill arthas or illi...
This map can work if properly set-up, similar to bosses in some campaigns. However, this is extremely subfar that I am at a lost. Unless majorly improved, a 1/5 is pretty much what I can give out.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yes, I'll have to agree with most of what @Daffa commented.
It's indeed too simple, more like a test map, really.

Simple

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/