• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan Fight ver. 2.01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Can you prevent Illidan form ruin the world?
You have only 5 min to prevent him from that!

How to play?
At the start, each one can buy 1 Item and 1 Hero. You can repick your Hero by -repick.
You will need 1 Melee Hero, 1 Healer and 3 other non Healer Heroes. You can repick once with -repick. When you attack Illidan, you can´t choose a Hero or repick anymore.
When red types -go Illidan becomes fightable.

Ver. 2.0 is much different to 1.2! It´s much better!
Fixed some Little bugs and made it a bit harder in 2.01.

Keywords:
Illidan, Fight, Boss
Contents

Illidan Fight ver. 2.01 (Map)

Reviews
18:31, 4th Oct 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Review: post #12

M

18:31, 4th Oct 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Review: post #12

Level 2
Changes from 1.1 to 1.2:
Added new heroes: Pit Lord, Panda Melee Mage.
Balanced Heroes.
Fixed the Terrain a little bit.
Changes from 1.2 to 1.2b:
The game is now more difficult:
Illidan spells got stronger and he got much more life.
The Naga army is now stronger, too.

So, with the right teamwork the map is easy to win! I tried it many times and the most times we lost... But with the right group we did it in udner 4:30!

Last edited:
Could some1 pls try the map and rate it? I can guarantee it works. Thx.
Changes from 1.1 to 1.2:
Added new heroes: Pit Lord, Panda Melee Mage.
Balanced Heroes.
Fixed the Terrain a little bit.
Changes from 1.2 to 1.2b:
The game is now more difficult:
Illidan spells got stronger and he got much more life.
The Naga army is now stronger, too.
Dont double post,use the edit button at the bottom of your reply!

Last edited:
Level 28
48 hour rules applies to forum, not at section. At section, we use edit.

Actually, there is (or was, not sure with all those changes lately) a special rule about this that you may double post when there is an important update.
But even then, the first post is completely useless and makes me not want to check it out.

When you are the first one to post on your map, please post something decent, something that has a content.
"Could some1 pls try the map and rate it? I can guarantee it works. Thx. " is like you're begging people to play the map, a very bad first impression in my opinion.

Anyhow, I'm going to test the map right now and tell you the results.

Review: Illidan Fight

Terrain

The terrain is a huge downside: there are way too many spammed effects, none of them make sense and they are all plain ugly (e.g.: the spammed portals and waves. all spammed cinematic doodads).
Cinematic doodads are only good in small amounts, but in general you need to stay away from it, since it will make the map too flashy and those effects do not look very good.
The trees are stacked in a line, which is very... unnatural and does not look good either, it's better to have some variation for the border (you can use walls, a natural border - existing out of multiple doodad types, pathing blockers, ...).
The tileset is horrible, just like the rest: you've used 5 tilesets (blight included), but it's too static.
Blight is something that you better not touch as well, since it can only be used in a few cases, blight is actually terrain that has been rotten over years and years - it's not something you can use very often.
You also need to make a transition between tilesets, you tileset is: Grass|Blight|Dirt - without transitions, making it look very unprofessional.
The other doodads that were present also have nothing to do with the map and I guess you just placed them without thinking, perhaps because they're flashy (eye of sargaras, rocking arthas, volcano, fountains.

You really need to work on this... don't just randomly place, but think about what you want to place, how it will look, does it fit in the map?
Triggers

There are a lot of inefficient triggers, most of them leak, leaks are the main cause of lag.
Let's take this action:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Footman) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue) of type Footman) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 3 (Teal) of type Footman) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 4 (Purple) of type Footman) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 5 (Yellow) of type Footman) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions

This is pretty awful, since there are leaks (the unit groups) and it's inefficient.
A better way of doing it would be with a loop (The "For each Integer" actions), I would also advise you use a variable integer instead of the standard A/B-integers.
So this is what it becomes:

• For each (Integer i) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Group = (Units owned by (Player(i)) of type Footman)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
This does exactly the same, with the difference that it does not create lag, is easier to edit and is a lot more efficient.

There are a lot of actions like this example in your triggers, I really suggest you change those.
Also, the -repick triggers can be combined into 1 triggers.
Objects

The heroes are not really good: you have edited the spells/heroes, but they still look standard.
Carrions swarm, vampiric aura, phoenix, flame strike, ... - the special effect remained the same.

The objects also look really simple: nothing has been triggered or significantly edited.
The tooltips are pretty bad, since they're basically standard, the hotkeys are not always correct, though most of the time theyt are.
The heroes are a weird choice: you can choose undead, humans, orcs, neutral and even the naga sea witch (while you had to fight Lady Vasj), but you cannot choose any night elves (maiev, for example, should be hunting illidan).
The quality is far too low to get approved, I think this reviews provides enough information for you.

Last edited:
Level 2
I want to say sth.
1. I didn´t make that map for a strict Warcraft Story.
2. I spent alot of time of balancing all of the heroes. And I think every hero is almost as good ass each other! Yes, i have no talent for making terrain.
3. It´s my first map with the triggers. And i won´t ever get this with compact triggers. It costs too much time for me to learn it.
4. The most Hotkeys work. The Lord of Lightning has a hotkey problem i know.
5. I made the heroes not on any race bound, just out of my mind. I don´t like story Heroes or sth. like that.
6. I never saw anyone lagging in the game.

I take your critic serious. I don´t wanna remake the triggers. It´s too much for me. But i will greatly improve the terrain and make some custom spells and change the race of the heroes a little bit.