• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If money was no object

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Geesh - here's the type of apron I'm talking about

Attachments

• TTO03S.png
    TTO03S.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 81
Level 12
and i think that everyone has a different ear for music, and I accept that.

Different ear yes, and for what they may perceive as music, yes. Though, for Yixx, I refuse to let people tell me that speaking gibberish, repeating yourself, and not having any instruments in a song is music. And no computerized beats are not instruments. It takes no talent or skill whatsoever to click buttons on a screen to cop out a beat that sounds like what everyone else is making.

Level 16
there might not be that much instruments in such beats,and sure there is a big part computerized (some even totally, but by far not all), but if you would listen to it carefully you would hear guitars, base(guitar)s, trumpets etc more often than you think!

Level 13
there might not be that much instruments in such beats,and sure there is a big part computerized (some even totally, but by far not all), but if you would listen to it carefully you would hear guitars, base(guitar)s, trumpets etc more often than you think!

Well in fact I don't like Lil Wayne at all, BUT it's not all about the instruments, it's the feeling that it gives to you. When you use a computer you can make a beat that is really good and gives a "flow". Instruments or not, music or not it can be sickly good to listen to.

Level 16
Well in fact I don't like Lil Wayne at all, BUT it's not all about the instruments, it's the feeling that it gives to you. When you use a computer you can make a beat that is really good and gives a "flow". Instruments or not, music or not it can be sickly good to listen to.

QTF, i think the music subject can be closed :)

Level 26
Different ear yes, and for what they may perceive as music, yes. Though, for Yixx, I refuse to let people tell me that speaking gibberish, repeating yourself, and not having any instruments in a song is music. And no computerized beats are not instruments. It takes no talent or skill whatsoever to click buttons on a screen to cop out a beat that sounds like what everyone else is making.
Bullshit.
If you had all current money of the world, people would just make more money.
Not even. When someone else has all the money in the world, it might as well be toilet paper.

Level 5
Hmmm... 2/5 for mum and dad, 1/5 for sister, 1/5 for charity, 1/5 for me to... Geez its not easy to know whats worth spending on... :gg:

Level 3
Maybe it could be changed to; if you didn't need money to get things you would normally need money for, what would you do?
And by the way Saken, the worth of money doesn't lower, the price of things highers. If one person had all the money in the world and didn't get assassinated or robbed, everyone would be competing and lowering thier prices so that he would buy thier things and then they would have money, just like today, accept today nobody has all the money in the world.

Level 27
the worth of money doesn't lower, the price of things highers.
Maybe that is true under a slightly different scenario, but if one person suddenly had all the currency in the world, then that currency would be useless to everyone else, because nobody has it. Let's say I were to pick up a rock. It is a very unique rock. I smash it into a bunch of pieces. These pieces are the only money that I will use from now on. If someone wants to buy or trade with me, they must use these rock pieces. These rock pieces are all the money that exists in the world. I now have all the money in the world. Nobody cares, because I generally don't have anything they'd want to buy, they can't use my money elsewhere, and they don't have any of my currency to buy things from me anyway.

As such, I have renamed the thread. It is not that you have "all the money in the world," the scenario is now that you can buy anything you want and, "Money is no object."

Level 13
Maybe that is true under a slightly different scenario, but if one person suddenly had all the currency in the world, then that currency would be useless to everyone else, because nobody has it. Let's say I were to pick up a rock. It is a very unique rock. I smash it into a bunch of pieces. These pieces are the only money that I will use from now on. If someone wants to buy or trade with me, they must use these rock pieces. These rock pieces are all the money that exists in the world. I now have all the money in the world. Nobody cares, because I generally don't have anything they'd want to buy, they can't use my money elsewhere, and they don't have any of my currency to buy things from me anyway.

As such, I have renamed the thread. It is not that you have "all the money in the world," the scenario is now that you can buy anything you want and, "Money is no object."

Thanks, that's a good name the reason I named it as I did was because sometimes someone may ask you "what would you do if you had all...", but don't mean it literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.