• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you spend your money on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

After the rent is paid, the bills are accounted for and food is in the fridge, what do you spend your (maybe not very) hard earned cash on? Anything you spend too much on? Anything you spend too little on?

Ever since I started having a wallet, I've been spending and spending. I don't save a whole lot, I can't see the beauty in having money for the sake of having money. Money is meant to be spent and I oblige.

As some of you may have already guessed, most of my money goes into music. I buy CDs all the time. Everything from two to twenty CDs a month. I also tend to buy a lot of magazines and films. I think I found out I spend roughly $400 a month on entertainment wares. In comparison I spend $400 on food and $800 on house rent per month. I save $5000 a year. Where the roughly $500 per month I don't spend on any of this goes is unknown to me.

What are your habits?

Level 17
I save my money so I can save up for happy future stuff.
I only buy new games every now and then, I like to take my time with them.

Level 6
I hire people to pretend being my friends in public.

1317145406072.jpg

Reactions: HFR
Level 34
I like to travel. I've spent ~$1,800 CAN since this summer. Which is actually really good considering I want to New York for 10 days, Alberta for a week, and stayed in a five star hotel in Vancouver for 4 days.

The rest is spent on video games.

what?? where do you get all the money from if you're students??
i dunno what it's like overseas but the only money students in NZ is in the negatives from their student loan, unless they have a part time job. that money is usually spent on other things too.
iii don't really spend that much money actually, come to think of it. i'm just really not very materialistic.

(i lead an alternative lifestyle under a bridge with a vegan diet)

Level 3
I spend like fuck and I don't save shit because someone else does it for me. I'm pretty meterosexual so I shop like a little bitch - only once a year though.
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 12
I work at Subway for $16 an hour for 5 hours each day, making that 80, and I work two days every week, $160, and, well, four weeks a month, $640.

I also make Flash games which can occasionally be bought making about $800 per game, if bought of course, which is very seldom. Add revenue from both these games and my blog is also a hefty sum, can sometimes earn to up about $200 a month. I also buy and trade things on eBay but that's pretty unpredictable, but I'm sure I can make at least $300 to at most (which has only happened once) $1100. I work the night shift at a medical center once a week every fortnight for six hours with $11 an hour in total $132.

And I do a shitload of other things that make money like sell old shit, ullstrate books and make music for games or make tees, design the front of a webpage and shit, no coding though, I suck at that.

I spend a lot of my money on rent while I try to pay as many bills as possible so that my parents won't have to fish it out of their pockets too much. I set aside 20% of all money every month to save and the rest goes to groceries and other crap I want, which I usually spend $50 week on.

Level 36
I started collecting vinyl records 2 years ago, and it has proven to be an expensive addiction ever since, so that's where a lot of my spare cash ends up going. Vinyl is expensive because it's a lot rarer than CDs or any other physical format, and artists often use it as the format of choice when doing really super limited editions, coloured vinyl, bonus tracks, etc, which of course are even MORE expensive again, so yeah. The most expensive vinyl record I've bought was 50 bucks, which is pennies. Any of the good ones are 100 bucks plus.

I've managed to kick it these last few months though on account of being ultra-broke, but as soon as I have some free cash again...

Level 3
Cigs, drumsticks and the studio room's rent (the place where you play with the band dunno how the fuck it's called).
I need to call John Bonham's spirit so he can tune my 300 euros drum kit and make it sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.