1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Greek Crisis

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by UchihaSasuke.gr, Oct 5, 2011.

1. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    http://www.greekcrisis.net/

What are your thoughts? Have you seen the news about the subject?

Do you think we have a chance or are we screwed?

My mother hasn't been paid the last 4 months. I spend about 75% less money.
    I would like to listen anyone's opinions.

2. Sky Green

Sky Green

Resources:
    Resources:
    My opinion is that you sir are FUCKED UP! I mean, 4 months wow, that's some serious shit. Anywho, what does your mum do?

Also you're screwed dude

3. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I've heard about this.

4. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    I try to spend no money at all. haha :D

5. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And the money we give to Greece is for french and german banks anyway.

6. Chucky

Chucky

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Man I feel sorry for you not in a pity kind of way but just sorry :( I wish I could do something but I'm in the same boat as you...

7. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They never stopped demonstrations and that is a way to force those there do something or even more finance from IMF or EU Bank. Ah why did I need to finish a degree in EU studies, when EU may collapse lol xD. No not really but I dont think monetary union is good... sure there are benefits but if these are the disadvantahes, screw single currency.

8. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    To have the same currency in two countries means to have an equal economic power in both countries. Because otherwise in one country everything might be good, while the other will not be able to sustain the new range of prices and salaries because of the lower economy.

It's not the same as in the US.... in the US their government gives money to the state of Florida for example, then Florida uses the money how they want, and the US government recuperate the money back through taxes.

However in Europe even if the system is similar.... EU currently is way larger then the US so there is much more areas to cover... and what in US are states... in the EU are countries... and what in US are state borderlines... in the EU they are country borderlines which serve no aditional pourpose then to slow down the traffic. Besides if in the US one state goes bankrupt for example, they easily change the leadership over there to what the government needs. But if a country in the EU goes bankrupt... you can't change anything there that easily.

So all in all, Greece will fail as long as the Euro will be there, and the countries with a lesser economy such as Greece, Bulgary, Romania... should never adhere to the Euro.

9. Sky Green

Sky Green

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed. But won't The EU help Greece?I know it won't solve all problems but seriously It can't be only cause the use the Euro

10. Switch33

Switch33

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats also kinda why switzerland's currency is worth a heck of a lot more than the euro currency now.

11. Urwaldbewohner

Urwaldbewohner

Resources:
    Resources:
    your informed wrong here, it just changed from 1euro=1,5franken to 1euro=1,2franken which is worse for swiss economy then any other one

On Topic: Prob whith Greek is not that they got a crisis but that they gave wrong nubers to the EU so everyone thought it's fine till it was to bad to change easily.

12. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fact is, things can change in one day. Or they can change in 10 years. Everyday there are some new economy rules and people are being paid less and less. I don't know where this might lead to but I hope it will sometime end.

13. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    But they won't change in one day.

Rebuilding an economy tends to be slower than killing it.

14. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    By saying change I don't mean like " we are out of the crisis " statements. People need to know how long this will last and they also need hope. People used to talk about football or anything else when they went out. Now the only thing they talk about is the crisis.

15. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I heard you guys bought around 200 tanks from USA. Good job, your government managed to fuck themselves up even more than I thought was possible.

16. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's not they were willing to buy, it's rather a directive. If you don't buy (for NATO countries), you get strict sanctions, probably stricter than current ones.

17. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I know what im talking about, the EU monetary union was a subject in my major. But as you also pointed out helping one country in the condition of the same currency would cause problems to another country or vice versa - preventing crisis in another would deepen the crisis in the 1st country - this is a negative effect of a single currency that otherwise would've been solved more properly on their own if not in such monetary union.

I wouldn't say it means equal economy because when the standard remains the same introducing a more expensive currency would only make things worse, which in my country when introduce the euro and the standard of living remains that lower than other EU members, I dont think this is 'equal economy'

18. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's what I mean.

They shouldn't have introduced Euro in some countries, obviously like Greece. However you can have Euro in both France or Germany, although the German economy is stronger, France's economy is very good too. So you can have the same currency between those two countries. But adding Euro to France, Germany and Romania for example, would be total fail, because Germany and France would have to patch up the problems in Romania, and then for example Romania doesn't give the money back to Germany or France, because it's harder to have control over an entire country (like Romania) then to have control over one state in the US. So then there are even more money losses for the EU.

19. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For first thing I suggest they stop this senseless conflict with Macedonia.

20. -W3SK3R-

-W3SK3R-

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's just good news for me what other should i say, your fucked up real bad. You are lazy to work, 3000 euros for janitor well that's to big. And thanks to the VETO we don't even want to be in the EU or NATO sooner or later the EU will collasped.