• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General News Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
As suggested by Pyritie, I decided to create this thread. This is just for discussing general news that is happening around the world. You can give your own opinion on a piece of news, have debates with other people about it, etc. The news discussed here can be of any type; just general world news, technology news, science news, etc. If you are going to talk about a specific news article here, please give us the link to that article first, so that we know what you're talking about.

I'll start off with this article: http://lifehacker.com/5681573/your-smartphone-is-a-better-pc-than-your-pc-ever-was-or-will-be

Personally, I don't think smartphones can ever replace a computer. Why? Because as smartphones keep evolving to add new features, PCs are becoming better too. In my opinion, whenever a smartphone gets a new feature that was on a PC, a PC will get a new feature that isn't on a smartphone. Computers will always be more powerful too, in terms of hardware.

Level 7
This part of the article was the worst:
...and do nearly everything better...

While desktop or laptop PCs are capable of performing most of the tasks mentioned in the list above in one way or another, most often than not they're not default features, and more importantly, today's smartphones do them better.
I don't see how smartphones can do anything that Zombie listed above better. They can't play any decent games, only small ones that are built specifically to be able to run on a smartphone's low end hardware. They can't run any programs on a computer the way they are run on a computer... Smartphones have a long way to go before they are even close to being as good as a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.