• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Horde Incursion TD [Beta 2.2]

. . .

LOOPERION's

HORDE INCURSION

Survive. Kill. Upgrade. Discover.

A tower defense with a story.
( S I N G L E P L A Y E R )

What's in?
  • Follow the story of a new appointed watcher of an abandoned region.
  • The game will escalate from simple to complex as time goes on.
  • Try many different strategies, as there are many options for you to progress.
  • Hunt achievements and find secrets throughout the game.
(As of Beta 2.2, it has 50+ Minutes of Gameplay.)

VERSION HISTORY
Major • Minor • Fixes

Alpha
(July 06, 2023)
  • Development Started.
  • Map Conceptualized.
  • Added Round 1: The Forest Critters.
Beta 1.0
(July 26, 2023)
  • Terrain Revamped.
  • Expanded Data.
  • Added Round 2: The Messenger.
  • Added Round 3: The Outlaws.
  • Added Round 4: Gobbu Gizmo.
  • Added Endless Mode.
Beta 1.0.1
(July 26, 2023)
  • Minor Interface Fix.
  • Optimization.
Beta 1.1
(July 27, 2023)
  • Tweaked Endless Mode.
  • Minor Interface Fix.
  • Minor balancing.
  • Quality Of Life Updates.
Beta 2.0
(November 10, 2023)
  • Terrain Revamped.
  • Adjusted Round 3: The Outlaws.
  • Adjusted Round 4: Gobbu Gizmo.
  • Added Round 5: Trollage Foliage.
  • Added Round 6: The Peoneers.
  • Added Clockwerk Upgrades.
  • Added Obelisk.
  • Added Pandora.
  • Added Beacon.
  • Added Memoir (Partial).
  • Added New Secrets.
  • Buffed Flamethrower.
  • Buffed Snowpiercer.
  • Fixed "Rouge Stuck" Bug.
  • Fixed "Icon Buttons" Bug.
  • Fixed "Diary Entries" Logs.
  • Reworked Spells "System".
Beta 2.1
(November 26, 2023)
  • Terrain Revamped.
  • Renamed Round 4: Gobbu Gizmo > The Goblins.
  • Renamed Round 5: Trollage Foliage > The Troll Tribe.
  • Renamed Royal Decree > Service Decree.
  • Renamed Intel Logs > Intel Reports.
  • Adjusted Round 6: The Troll Tribe
  • Added Collections.
  • Added More Chronicles.
  • Added Introduction.
  • Added Character Interaction.
  • Added Tooltips.
  • Added Journal.
  • Removed Diary.
  • Reworked Geo'ush.
  • Tweaked Rouge.
  • Buffed Capacitor.
  • Buffed Nebulizer.
Beta 2.2
(DECEMBER 9, 2023)
  • Added Merchant.
  • Added Round 7: The Dwellers.
  • Added "Damage" in Journal.
  • Adjusted All Rounds.
  • Enhanced Clockwerk.
  • Tweaked Factory.
  • Tweaked Endless.
  • Buffed Tank Enemies.
  • Buffed Obelisk.
  • Buffed Nebulizer.
  • Nerfed Capacitor.
  • Fixed Minor Text Issues.
  • Fixed "Goblins" Bug.
Beta 3
(ETA: INDEFINITE)
  • Add Round 8.
  • Add Round 9.
  • Add Round 10.
  • Balance Arcane Runes.
  • Add 2 Obelisk Spells.
  • Add Protector.
  • Add More Icons.
  • Fix More Bugs.
PLANNED
UPDATES

(ETA: FINAL VERSION, INDEFINITE)
  • Add more Constructs.
  • Add more Turrets.
  • Add more Spells.
  • Add Round 7-20.
  • More mechanics.
  • Further optimization.

RESOURCE CREDITS
Thank you to these creators.

GeneralHeroGlow.mdx :
Chariot_Cage_Rider_v3.mdx :
BanditLordV3.02.mdx :
BanditRaider.mdx :
BanditRider.mdx :
DwarvenWorker.mdx :
TowerScorchedV2.00.mdx :
HumanTowerV2.01.mdx :
CitizenKulTirasV1.01.mdx :
Fireworks_ok.mdx :
SummerSphere.mdx :
StarSphere.mdx :
ForestTrollV2.00.mdx :
MilitiaOrcV1.00.mdx :
assassin lord
Hoth
Ujimasa Hojo
Wandering Soul
Wandering Soul
IamMclovin
Ujimasa Hojo
Ujimasa Hojo
Ujimasa Hojo
8uY_YoU
ILH
ILH
Ujimasa Hojo
Ujimasa Hojo

. . .
JOIN OUR DISCORD!
https://discord.gg/Mw8QHGKnzT
Contents

Horde Incursion TD [Beta 2.2] (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Custom imported icons are green during F10/game pause. Please fix them. Learn about icons Button Manager v1.8.2 https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/blp-lab-v0-5-0.137599/#resource-66344...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Custom imported icons are green during F10/game pause. Please fix them. Learn about icons
  2. Button Manager v1.8.2
  3. Some of the rogues remained blocked where they spawned and did not move forward with coming waves.
hordeIncursion01.pnghordeIncursion02.png
Also, please use fitting map tags. This is definitely Tower Defense, not Defense/Survival or RPG or Story Acting.

Not sure how balanced it is since from the goblin waves onward it's a little impossible to get all proper resources to upgrade to the Guard Tower and/or build secondary towers.
Overall a nice and creative tower defense map with a story along the gameplay.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 3
  1. Custom imported icons are green during F10/game pause. Please fix them. Learn about icons
  2. Button Manager v1.8.2
  3. Some of the rogues remained blocked where they spawned and did not move forward with coming waves.
View attachment 442364View attachment 442365
Also, please use fitting map tags. This is definitely Tower Defense, not Defense/Survival or RPG or Story Acting.

Not sure how balanced it is since from the goblin waves onward it's a little impossible to get all proper resources to upgrade to the Guard Tower and/or build secondary towers.
Overall a nice and creative tower defense map with a story along the gameplay.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
First of all, thank you for the review.
1. About the Icons, I will fix them in the next patch. I will also avoid the same problem in the future.
2. Noted, I'll see to it asap in my free time.
3. I tested it in my own, but seems to occur in 1.32+. But it will also be fixed in the next patch.

2.0 ETA within November (Due to College).

[DONE]

Last edited:
Level 5
I have given this a try and here's my review, be wary that it is rather long but I do hope you can persevere.

First of all, the game starts slow and just a bit confusing, there is no introduction let alone any introductory mission or cutscene whatsoever.
This gave me the idea that, despite me reading the description, it would be a tower defense WITH other towers (which it is, but that was for MUCH later), but instead I get only one, it was in wave 5 I've realized I can control my tower and that to upgrade my tower from old to Scout, I had to have all the upgrades. The tooltip did a good job, at least, but the introduction didn't give me a good first impression.
For this, there are two things I'd recommend:
1. Make an "introductory text", either on the loading screen or inside the first cutscene itself. Simply having the four words isn't enough. Give a welcome, then perhaps a bit of lore (which may be unnecessary considering the Data log itself, but hey it's just a tiny bit of lore so no problem) and finally the first basic instructions.
2. Make an "overhaul"; the first missions before we get to meet the Elf and the Dwarf should be the tutorial missions, add some kind of "tease" on how later on we will get more upgrades and towers than simply having to upgrade our main tower.
My problem here is, I had to restart the whole map because I've spend ALL the cash on the tower, including health, which I did not need, so I had no chance to build an extra tower, let alone upgrade my own tower.
And also, it took the game so long to tell me about the different chat commands I can make.

Now, later on in the game, when I finally get to have extra towers and further upgrade my own, I have noticed that the difficulty spikes rather too far.
The worst I have seen is that the Goblin Shredders will spawn Goblin Saboteurs, the Data logs don't even give a hint to this when they should.
Also, these Saboteurs from the Shredders are at full health, it's not really a problem because...After I restarted my game, to make sure I have some cash left for the upcoming extra towers, I've made the flaming one and it was efficient against them.
But yet again, we go back to the problem that there was no hint other than the Stone Obelisk at having extra towers and the like.

Regarding difficulty spike again, it ONLY gets worse with the Trolls: They are fast, they have chance to Dodge, they can still die even though in my case it was a bit too close for comfort.

Then comes the Quack, this guy is VERY tanky and he heals allies around him, he even heals them out of the lane as long as he's in the corner.
This is the moment I've left the game because I've died and lost to a bunch of regenerated fast trolls. I have tried 3 times to see if there's any tactic or strategy, but I am unwilling to yet again restart my game and play the very dull and mundane starting missions until I get the Engineers.

Also, in regards to Dodge...I believe you have tried to balance it out, but I really don't think that something like this is fit for a Tower Defense.
The worst about it are the bandits from the starting missions, what is the intention of making them invisible when they're around corners? This just seems to complicate things for no reason, I don't understand the possible strategy to that.

I have also found the upgrades to be very limited, to make an extra tower you first need the tower blueprint, then an elemental blueprint, after that...You still need to make a tower, which is fine, but ALL of them need "Resources". Again, somewhat related to how this game has no tutorial, it made me realize that I should only spend on what I can and actually not be "tactical" about it because I am very low on it.

There is also quite a language barrier, I will not take this into the review, most is understandable, but I heavily dislike the idea of the Diary when all it is about is VERY OBVIOUS hints, for example...
"But this, these turrets are hella strong!"
"Those Zeppelins and Shredders are a pain in the ass"
"These Quacks are really strong, I must take them out first"

Instead, what I would recommend is something like:
"These new turrets are expensive, I must make sure to be prudent on where I position it and which type. Fire seems great for damage, Frost will be a lot slow but I may be able to command it on stronger units to slow them down for quite a time, also has quite nice damage"
"The Zeppelins and Shredders are quite strong, the goblins that commandeer them will get out of their own contraptions just to keep going right into my tower, I need to pay mind to that!"
"The Quacks are quite healthy and have a healing aura, I need to focus all my strength against them, the Frost tower will help with some damage, but more importantly, slowing them down. I also have my trusty net, if possible I do hope I can sacrifice some of my tower's integrity for less pain."

I should also inform you that I have played this mod in Warcraft 1.29.2, using the "Community Edition" tool from here: Warcraft III: Community Edition
I don't think that's a problem, after all it's 1.29.2 but using the balance changes from 1.35 as well as being able to run scripts from 1.35.

I have high hopes for this mod, I hope you can take some of my feedback, I understand you want to make it hard and that's good, but when it's tedious and there's no good hints whatsoever, well, I'm very sure that casual players will not like this mod much sadly.

Also, in case you'd like some personal info of my own...I've been playing Tower Defense for quite a long time, one of my top favourites is Kingdom Rush, I've played all of the games and won all the levels, on every difficulties, with all the stars. This should give you proof that I have experience with Tower Defense, however that doesn't mean my "word is gold" at all, one can be a top military expert and still be overwhelmed by guerilla tactics after all.

Level 3
I have given this a try and here's my review, be wary that it is rather long but I do hope you can persevere.

First of all, the game starts slow and just a bit confusing, there is no introduction let alone any introductory mission or cutscene whatsoever.
This gave me the idea that, despite me reading the description, it would be a tower defense WITH other towers (which it is, but that was for MUCH later), but instead I get only one, it was in wave 5 I've realized I can control my tower and that to upgrade my tower from old to Scout, I had to have all the upgrades. The tooltip did a good job, at least, but the introduction didn't give me a good first impression.
For this, there are two things I'd recommend:
1. Make an "introductory text", either on the loading screen or inside the first cutscene itself. Simply having the four words isn't enough. Give a welcome, then perhaps a bit of lore (which may be unnecessary considering the Data log itself, but hey it's just a tiny bit of lore so no problem) and finally the first basic instructions.
2. Make an "overhaul"; the first missions before we get to meet the Elf and the Dwarf should be the tutorial missions, add some kind of "tease" on how later on we will get more upgrades and towers than simply having to upgrade our main tower.
My problem here is, I had to restart the whole map because I've spend ALL the cash on the tower, including health, which I did not need, so I had no chance to build an extra tower, let alone upgrade my own tower.
And also, it took the game so long to tell me about the different chat commands I can make.

Now, later on in the game, when I finally get to have extra towers and further upgrade my own, I have noticed that the difficulty spikes rather too far.
The worst I have seen is that the Goblin Shredders will spawn Goblin Saboteurs, the Data logs don't even give a hint to this when they should.
Also, these Saboteurs from the Shredders are at full health, it's not really a problem because...After I restarted my game, to make sure I have some cash left for the upcoming extra towers, I've made the flaming one and it was efficient against them.
But yet again, we go back to the problem that there was no hint other than the Stone Obelisk at having extra towers and the like.

Regarding difficulty spike again, it ONLY gets worse with the Trolls: They are fast, they have chance to Dodge, they can still die even though in my case it was a bit too close for comfort.

Then comes the Quack, this guy is VERY tanky and he heals allies around him, he even heals them out of the lane as long as he's in the corner.
This is the moment I've left the game because I've died and lost to a bunch of regenerated fast trolls. I have tried 3 times to see if there's any tactic or strategy, but I am unwilling to yet again restart my game and play the very dull and mundane starting missions until I get the Engineers.

Also, in regards to Dodge...I believe you have tried to balance it out, but I really don't think that something like this is fit for a Tower Defense.
The worst about it are the bandits from the starting missions, what is the intention of making them invisible when they're around corners? This just seems to complicate things for no reason, I don't understand the possible strategy to that.

I have also found the upgrades to be very limited, to make an extra tower you first need the tower blueprint, then an elemental blueprint, after that...You still need to make a tower, which is fine, but ALL of them need "Resources". Again, somewhat related to how this game has no tutorial, it made me realize that I should only spend on what I can and actually not be "tactical" about it because I am very low on it.

There is also quite a language barrier, I will not take this into the review, most is understandable, but I heavily dislike the idea of the Diary when all it is about is VERY OBVIOUS hints, for example...
"But this, these turrets are hella strong!"
"Those Zeppelins and Shredders are a pain in the ass"
"These Quacks are really strong, I must take them out first"

Instead, what I would recommend is something like:
"These new turrets are expensive, I must make sure to be prudent on where I position it and which type. Fire seems great for damage, Frost will be a lot slow but I may be able to command it on stronger units to slow them down for quite a time, also has quite nice damage"
"The Zeppelins and Shredders are quite strong, the goblins that commandeer them will get out of their own contraptions just to keep going right into my tower, I need to pay mind to that!"
"The Quacks are quite healthy and have a healing aura, I need to focus all my strength against them, the Frost tower will help with some damage, but more importantly, slowing them down. I also have my trusty net, if possible I do hope I can sacrifice some of my tower's integrity for less pain."

I should also inform you that I have played this mod in Warcraft 1.29.2, using the "Community Edition" tool from here: Warcraft III: Community Edition
I don't think that's a problem, after all it's 1.29.2 but using the balance changes from 1.35 as well as being able to run scripts from 1.35.

I have high hopes for this mod, I hope you can take some of my feedback, I understand you want to make it hard and that's good, but when it's tedious and there's no good hints whatsoever, well, I'm very sure that casual players will not like this mod much sadly.

Also, in case you'd like some personal info of my own...I've been playing Tower Defense for quite a long time, one of my top favourites is Kingdom Rush, I've played all of the games and won all the levels, on every difficulties, with all the stars. This should give you proof that I have experience with Tower Defense, however that doesn't mean my "word is gold" at all, one can be a top military expert and still be overwhelmed by guerilla tactics after all.
First of all, thank you for the review, a lengthy one at that which is just the one that I need.

I am flattered that you took your time to not just play my map but also had the time to provide feedback, as this is the first custom map I have ever made, I know very well that it would still be far from its desired state.

Enough said, I wholly agree with most of points that you said:

1. Introduction:
I am well aware that it is severely lacking. I will revise the whole introduction part, maybe adding a short skippable cinematic focusing about the story and tidbits leading to a tutorial.

2. Tutorial: Contemplating about the "overhaul" part of your review and the later parts about the data logs as well, convinced me that I need to redo the whole narrative part of the game.

I will implement a better hint(s) about the enemies in both the diary logs and live interaction of the characters in the gameplay. Though I will say that all enemy units are categorized and will be observed throughout the game of having similar abilities to one another which in itself gives a hint on how to deal with them.

3. Difficulty: Most of the mechanics that I integrated into each round is based on the warcraft's "common knowledge". These are instances like the rouges which turns invisible and the trolls with their regeneration, while nimble units having the chance of dodging came up in the get go, same goes with the goblins, I do think they are reasonable to some degree. What I can see is about the lack of hints which causes the sudden difficulty spikes.

About the rouges which turns invisible encourages you to focus your "ensare" to them, taking them out before they hit the corners while also taking mind of the bandits that are much slower, which is very similar to the hawks and quils from the last round but with a new gimmick. Still, I'll see to it on what I can do about this kind of mechanic and the dodge, after further revision.

About the goblins, I have nerfed them into their most possible balanced state along with the introduction of the turrets. What I will focus about them in the next update is about the lack of hints as well.

About the trolls, which also comes down to their characteristic of regeneration, I will definitely nerf them in the future updates (will not be extreme though). Specifically, about the chasers which is a nimble unit, they take more damages than other category that is why the dodge is to give them that balance along with their speed.

4. Resources and Upgrades: This is the part where I need more feedback at this point of development. Now, I will also take account this to having no tutorial as it indeed in need of guide regarding the tech-tree(s). However, I might also simplify or change things along the way to have less "unnecessary" extra-steps.

About the turrets, the snowpiercer and the flamethrower is supposed to be switchable which I am not really sure about (I am taking this chance to ask for your opinion). To aid about the limited resources, maybe a 50% resource/bounty refund will give players more flexibility.

5. Clarifications: The purpose of giving enemy units their own gimmicks, is that I want this map to not be the same of building and upgrading more towers to defend against almost the same units with increasing health, but to give more focus in macroing and figuring and understanding the enemies, and trying again as saving is emphasized and encouraged from the very beginning.

6. What's Ahead: The future rounds have already been planned out to the end, aside from that here are the other things for the future:
  • There will be a new "feature" regarding on getting "resources" other than defeating a boss.
  • There will be a major revision to the narrative regarding the lore and in-game hints and mechanics (your recommendations will be taken in account; I might just use them word by word hahaha).
  • There will be of course, a lot of balancing that will happen in every update, which will also give focus in not making the game tedious.
. . .

Moving on, I only heard about the "community edition" from this review of yours but it shouldn't be part of the problems that you encountered from my map, as I only use GUI for all of my triggers and has fully customized units in-game.

I will take that high hope of yours in the development of this map, this feedback is welcomed and is certainly heard and will be addressed, I will try my best to balance the game for all players or at least give casual players the information they need. Though I can understand that it might not be for all, as I mainly made this map with my ideas in mind after playing a ton of TD maps and games as well.

I am hoping for your reply for us to discuss more things, following with this reply of mine to clarify and take more criticism that I need for the map to be better in it the future releases.

Just to share, I am a fellow Kingdom Rush enjoyer as well, I do believe that "every word is valuable" though it might not be gold, gold is not the most valuable thing in the world. Thank you!

Level 5
Glad to hear you have read my rather lengthy feedback through and through, and I'm more glad to see you have taken some inspiration :peasant-cheers-back:

The explanation you give about how some units have these abilities is fair, it adds to the Warcraft lore itself. To be honest, if you were to remove it, people would still understand it for "balance reasons", but you want to keep it and balance it further instead, I like that idea more, it does add more to the lore while keeping it fair, I just hope you can balance it right because in comparison to the goblins, the trolls were quite a downer. (Again, it's more because of that Quack than just the Trolls themselves)

Yes, I did use the Ensnare on those Bandits, I've personally found the "corner invisibility" to be a gimmick more than a gameplay mechanic though, but I suppose I can understand how that would work; it does make you want to focus better instead of letting the tower do all the job for you.

Giving the towers a Refund percentage is not a bad idea, I myself would give them a full refund but...That would mean you'll most surely have to redo the whole game to balance it out on that, and also the fact one can easily switch towers with ease, so 50% sounds reasonable to avoid "cheap tactics" but also not to punish the player for a bad choice.

I had no idea this is your first map, in which case, it's very impressive, have you worked on anything else other than Warcraft 3? For a first time, and even in Beta, it looks like an expert veteran Warcraft 3 player made it.
I've mentioned the "Community Edition" itself more for transparency, I know some maps might be, for example, compatible only with 1.26, but they can work in 1.31, but 1.31 might have a bug, in the game itself or the map, that could cause, well...Issues related to that patch, this is why I mention it.
But yes, indeed the "Community Edition" version seemed to run just fine.

I hope to see an update soon, I am eager to see the changes and especially the one you mentioned about other ways to get resources, I will of course replay the map many times if needed in the new version so long as starting missions and tutorial are done better.
Thank you for taking my feedback, and have a great fun journey on updating this map! :peasant-thumbs-up:

Level 3
Glad to hear you have read my rather lengthy feedback through and through, and I'm more glad to see you have taken some inspiration :peasant-cheers-back:

The explanation you give about how some units have these abilities is fair, it adds to the Warcraft lore itself. To be honest, if you were to remove it, people would still understand it for "balance reasons", but you want to keep it and balance it further instead, I like that idea more, it does add more to the lore while keeping it fair, I just hope you can balance it right because in comparison to the goblins, the trolls were quite a downer. (Again, it's more because of that Quack than just the Trolls themselves)

Yes, I did use the Ensnare on those Bandits, I've personally found the "corner invisibility" to be a gimmick more than a gameplay mechanic though, but I suppose I can understand how that would work; it does make you want to focus better instead of letting the tower do all the job for you.

Giving the towers a Refund percentage is not a bad idea, I myself would give them a full refund but...That would mean you'll most surely have to redo the whole game to balance it out on that, and also the fact one can easily switch towers with ease, so 50% sounds reasonable to avoid "cheap tactics" but also not to punish the player for a bad choice.

I had no idea this is your first map, in which case, it's very impressive, have you worked on anything else other than Warcraft 3? For a first time, and even in Beta, it looks like an expert veteran Warcraft 3 player made it.
I've mentioned the "Community Edition" itself more for transparency, I know some maps might be, for example, compatible only with 1.26, but they can work in 1.31, but 1.31 might have a bug, in the game itself or the map, that could cause, well...Issues related to that patch, this is why I mention it.
But yes, indeed the "Community Edition" version seemed to run just fine.

I hope to see an update soon, I am eager to see the changes and especially the one you mentioned about other ways to get resources, I will of course replay the map many times if needed in the new version so long as starting missions and tutorial are done better.
Thank you for taking my feedback, and have a great fun journey on updating this map! :peasant-thumbs-up:
Hello @Blackgrowl once again, thank you for your patience and support for my custom map! I hope that this update would satisfy you to some extent. The map has now been updated to Beta 2.1 (see changelog for details).

Addressing your reply;

1. Enemy Abilities: Yes, I have decided to not remove them but keep them fun and challenging yet fair to the players. In this update, I have nerfed the healing ability of the trolls (As I made a mistake in making them as % instead of raw points.), but I also have added new abilities to savages and Geo'ush (I added a new unit also, the trappers.) of what I initially envisioned for the round to be. If you have any thoughts of the new round 5, please do tell me! Though, I can imagine that you will find it more difficulty than it was before :D.

Also please, try to defeat round 6 as I need more feedback on that part.

The rouges have now been enhanced and balanced to perfection, it made more sense now and easier to kill(?), as I nerfed the dodge ability to most of the enemies. And, yes, the purpose of this ability gimmicks/mechanics is to make the player more involve in macroing and timing.

2. Economy: Looking through my future plans, giving the player a refund would really mess up the game as it progresses. Instead, I have made a new plan of giving the player two more ways to get resources, in which one of the new two ways has already been added in this update along with the promised switchable flamethrower and snowpiercer.

Expanding on why I decided not to give refund is because there will be a total of 20 rounds in the complete state of the game. That means the player will have a total of 60 resources (lumber) to manage, while also having the means to get them alternatively other than defeating bosses.

. . .

Moving on, it was nice for my first custom map to be called very impressive. Though, I can assure you that I only been learning about world editor for around 6 months as one of my hobbies in my free time. Haha, I still have a lot to learn, but the Hive Community really helped me a lot.

Before, I upload the updates, I do play test up to 3 times trying different strategies to defeat the whole map and finding bugs. However, of course there might be issues that I have missed or has been ignored, please help me with that.

To be honest, I'm not really confident with this update, but yours' and everyone's review will help me get the map to its desired state. Oh yeah, I added something for the reviewers in-game.

I'll be expecting more reviews soon! Thank you once again.

Last edited:
Level 10
fun short little map
I would love more content after killing the peon the endless mode was nice but ya know 0/5 map got a chuckle out of me.

Most of the game was not to bad. When the goblins start coming I would say that's when the game starts getting harder.
The goblin factory I personally was not a fan of because the bots would either run past/into the waves and just mess up the pathing a little or just melee half of the time instead of exploding.

Level 3
fun short little map
I would love more content after killing the peon the endless mode was nice but ya know 0/5 map got a chuckle out of me.

Most of the game was not to bad. When the goblins start coming I would say that's when the game starts getting harder.
The goblin factory I personally was not a fan of because the bots would either run past/into the waves and just mess up the pathing a little or just melee half of the time instead of exploding.

Hi @shadowhog, thank you for leaving a review on my map!

You can expect more content after the peon round in these coming minor updates :pgrin:. I believe that the narrative flow is now in the right direction, which means I can lean my focus on adding more rounds. It's nice to see that you have enjoyed and completed all the available round at this state! The factory is now W.I.P, I'm adding new contents to it and buffing/improving the clockwerk (It works properly now, I promise haha), and I can assure you that the clockwerks are now worth the resources spent! Please look forward to the future updates!

. . .

Hi @LOOPERION!
I played on your map, and I liked it! So I decided to make a simple walkthrough (failed for now), if find it useful and interesting - check it out.

Hello @The Nightmare Book, thank you for making a video and a review about my map!

I have checked the video, and it helped me find two issues in-game! The first one is the "Dwaarf:" which is obviously a mistake in the introduction of engineers haha, and the second is about shredders and zeppelins dying near the tower would summon an unmoving goblin, not dying like it supposed to. They're fixed now, thanks to your video!

It is really cool seeing people making videos about my map (I think this is the second one), it motivates me to push forward with the development. I will be waiting for another one where you will finish the game though, hehe. Thank you once again!

Last edited:
Level 22
Hi @shadowhog , thank you for leaving a review on my map!

You can expect more content after the peon round in these coming minor updates :pgrin:. I believe that the narrative flow is now in the right direction, which means I can lean my focus on adding more rounds. It's nice to see that you have enjoyed and completed all the available round at this state! The factory is now W.I.P, I'm adding new content to it as we speak, and I can assure you that the clockwerks are now worth the resources spent! Please look forward to the future updates!

. . .

Hello @The Nightmare Book , thank you for trying and reviewing my map!

I have checked the video, and it helped me find two issues in-game! The first one is the "Dwaarf:" which is obviously a mistake in the introduction of engineers haha, and the second is about shredders and zeppelins dying near the tower would summon an unmoving goblin, not dying like it supposed to. They're fixed now, thanks to your video!

It is really cool seeing people making about my map too, it motivates me to push forward with the development. I will be waiting for another one where you will finish the game though, hehe. Thank you once again!
Thank you!
Well I wouldn't lie if I would say that I'll finish this map in close future.

Level 3
The development of this map is currently on hiatus, reason being of technical issues.

Unfortunately, the laptop that I have been working isn't turning on for some reason, although I have back-up online, it is the much older version. I'll try to recover the data or even better fix the problem, if possible, but it will take time and I decided to take a break from gaming currently to focus on studies.

I will be back in a few months (possible 2-4 months), note that I will definitely be back.
Thank you for those who enjoy the map! Do not forget to also enjoy everything, the outside, your family, even the challenges and especially yourself!

. . .

UPDATE
(April)

The map file has been retrieved, better yet I got a slightly better computer to work on. Though, the development is still on hiatus because of studies. You can expect a lot of content to be added when the latest update drops off. Thank you for those who are still following this map!

Last edited: