• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HIVE 3 Remoosed Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Chieftain, well done. Thank you guys for the hard work.

Apart from everything mentioned, I have a somehow.. good ol' suggestion. I would like to bring on a subject we've longed to see again... Director's Cut. Should it rise from the ashes, I'm sure it would serve a good feature once again.

We're all ears in case you have any news regarding this matter.
I was also wondering when the new rating system would come into effect, but IIRC it wasn't planned to be part of Hive3.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
We're all ears in case you have any news regarding this matter.
Director's Cut will return, as we've stated before. But it will come at a later point. Rest assured, we plan on bringing it back. Probably after we move over to Hive 3 i.e. when the BETA ends.

DC_hiverating02.png

Last edited:
Level 17
Will all available links for resources be ported over with the new version transition ?

I linked a LOT of resources to not be forced to pin some 100 - 200+ tabs. are those all going to get yeeetus deletus after release ?

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Oh, one thing I noticed. I have access to reports I don't have on the live version. 16 of them in fact.
That is because it’s the beta version of HIVE. It runs on an outdated backup of HIVE. Everything posted there will be deleted in the next run of the beta or when we finally migrate. If you want to keep doing things on HIVE, don't use the BETA. Only use the BETA site for testing features.

EDIT: Check out the model viewer on the BETA. It got an update:

View in 3D

Last edited:
Level 16
you might be interested in Remoosed BETA Feedback
also, the site seem more cool and prolly easier to me (maybe becuz I still didnt get used to hive 2.0 xD)
also, maps there get approved much faster :p
his is the beta version of HIVE. It runs on an outdated backup of HIVE. Everything posted here will be deleted in the next run of the beta or when we finally migrate.
You mean everything THERE will be deleted?

Special mention for making the 3.0 run much, much, much smoother than the 2.0 one <3
is it smoother though?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
That is because it’s the beta version of HIVE. It runs on an outdated backup of HIVE. Everything posted there will be deleted in the next run of the beta or when we finally migrate. If you want to keep doing things on HIVE, don't use the BETA. Only use the BETA site for testing features.

Well, all of the reports are on threads from 2016-2017.
And the backup is a few days old, not years.

So unless someone went and reported a bunch of old threads a few days ago AND they all got sorted out before I noticed them.. I have access to more reports than previously.

Level 17
Since no one bothered answering my question, i'll ask again. maybe tag @Archian

Are all the existing links to Hive going to be wiped out ? i saved a lot of resource links just so i wouldn't be forced to pin them. they are critical for my overall projects. with this announcement, i wonder if i have to find every single one on the beta and save it ?

Level 34
It’s not HWS without the legendary :cgrin:. Never like a false smiley looking thing that deserve to be burned down to ashes. Give it back or make :cgrin: great again. Long live sir haosis.

We could make that a reaction at some point :)
So, you two are talking about me behind back, thinking that I wont see it. :cgrin:
By accidentally, I checked site after while, and saw great news! Hive 3.0. Oh, and regarding smiley.... This is one of symbols since it got invented (in 2007), username, :cgrin: greeting. It has long history. It should remain in new Hive if possible, since I see that people are interested still in it.

I'm glad you guys like the design
I like design as well. That Beta seems to faster load than this version. Oh, I like new ,,View in 3D" so far. And you can check model in all team colors, I like that.

Since no one bothered answering my question, i'll ask again. maybe tag @Archian

Are all the existing links to Hive going to be wiped out ? i saved a lot of resource links just so i wouldn't be forced to pin them. they are critical for my overall projects. with this announcement, i wonder if i have to find every single one on the beta and save it ?
No, links will stay the same. You can try it yourself, go to a resource page on the main site and replace "www" with "beta". The same resource will load in the beta site.

Obviously when the new version goes live, it will be on the main domain (not in the beta subdomain).

Level 10
I like the search function now. There's a big obvious "SEARCH" bar instead of a tiny inconspicuous "search again" link to the side, so that's an improvement. Seems to run faster too. I prefer the reputation points and the gems/whatever you call them that we have now. They are a lot more fun than a generic xp bar. I always see someone with like 3 gold gems and 2 silvers and think "damn, theyre so powerful, so many gems!"

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
While I do like rep, I would almost prefer a pure number over gems.
Because I no longer know what each gem represents.

On the top of my head, I have no idea how much rep three blue and two green gems are worth. I would have to hover to check.
The level or whatever is plainer.
HOWEVER, honestly not a fan of blindly rewarding posts/threads regardless of content.
At least with rep it's up to others to judge if your post/thread was worthwhile.

So my theoretical redesign would be to keep the current reputation system, but remove the gems and just write out the number.

This brings to mind that video of Strong Bad talking about when he realizes that fans spent more time creating fan stuff about the world around him than the time that was spent making the source material upon which it was based.
If Reforged is a web page, and Hive 3 is a stylistically similar webpage that more time was spent to make, why don't we just cut to the chase and put the "Start Game" button into the Hive HTML files instead of the main glue screen webui ones?

(In theory I might be joking, but I'm not sure. I actually have no idea how much time was spent to make the main glue screen webui of Reforged.)

Level 15
Absolutely wonderful. This is a huge step-up if not a real leap in design, just as the Hive deserves. The amount of work and effort put into this manifests in every way when I scroll and transit from page to another.

This took a while to load for me on my very slow 2MBPS 4G (I am using this temporarily), I guess that's due to the high-resolution style images used. Which is no biggie for others probably with better nets, also the second time around opening the site should function better since my browser saves the resources used.

I have encountered no bug so far, not that I noticed. My honest opinion is a theme like this deserves its own font rather than the default font. I feel like the font no longer matches the "feels" the design gives so in that context, a change in font may be in favor of an even look. That, of course, remains my own opinion and doesn't necessarily have to be implemented.

Keep up the good work, it's really nice to see the Hive still growing without looking older but younger and more lively ! Props to yall. Thanks for the amazing work.

Level 17
No, links will stay the same. You can try it yourself, go to a resource page on the main site and replace "www" with "beta". The same resource will load in the beta site.

Obviously when the new version goes live, it will be on the main domain (not in the beta subdomain).

Oh thank god, i was not looking forward to recreating my category of resource links.

Level 5
I knew this was going to happen already 10 years ago :D

Very nice job & congrats to the team working on it ! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 10
I think you should show as many medals as can reasonably fit (at least 12). I may not have a medal of my own, but I enjoy seeing all the medals people earned and hovering over them to see what they were for. Look at Mythic's profile.
upload_2021-1-9_11-53-15.png

He's got a crap load of medals and they all fit fine. If you were thinking of reducing the maximum to 4 displayed for the sake of decluttering, I think this is a bad reason. They look good and add incentive to enter into contests when they are all displayed. The medals also stand out more in the current hive. They have a slight spacing between them and have a gold border. I prefer the old look. Once again though, I overall like the new hive and it seems much more functional

Level 10
It looks great! :infl_thumbs_up: I also second the opinions on medals given by the guys above. Let us see those shiny lil' beasts!

I hope I did not oversee something, but will we have some fresh new emoticons? I think we need some. Desperately. :pal:

Level 10
On the model section, I like the current hive for one thing, that is you can click on the picture of the model in the model search page and it will enlarge so you can see if more clearly. It seems I cant do this with the BETA version. Is this true or am i missing something? Also, it would be nice if the pictures in model search section could just be bigger to begin with so you can see them better. I know this would mean that the page would be longer to accommodate, but I think it would be worth it.

Level 2
I LOVE IT! Very nice! I'm web dev and I know HOW MUCH WORK it takes, and man, it payed off!
Beaultiful design, nice features, just a mastapiece!

Status
Not open for further replies.