1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HIVE 2

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can choose between all available icons depending on your post count.

Click on your name in the upper right corner, then press "Customize Rank"

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've become a Troll from a Shaman. I guess, it's an import issue.

3. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What's this shit????

that looks very nice.

Testing how awesome looks my signature...

EDIT: Looks cropped, I suggest to add image scaling in the BBcode.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh...

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome, so suggestions for that in a more tl;dr fashion:
    1. Could we just go back to searching keywords or at least have it as an option? I think that alone would fix a lot of issues with items not appearing after search :)
    2. Please display an asset thumbnail next to/instead of author's avatar on the search results.
    3. Having an option to display X items per page on the search results would be nice too :)
    4. Typing in another search while on search results should search the same section again, not the entire site, imo.

And some other suggestions:
    1. It'd be cool if you could "add" the assets to your favourites in the profile :) It would be useful to people, who like me occasionally browse the models anyway and find something cool they might use later or for people who just want to somehow mark the models they've used to more easily compile credits :)
    2. When searching resources and bundles in the advances search, different tag types could be placed in drop down menu for an easier navigation :)

6. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh my, this is embarrassing.

7. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    MasterBlaster,
    1. When you enter text in the search field, it becomes a search of bundles if you are in a repository.
    2. Yes, that is something I would like. It's just that XenForo by default shows the avatar for any search result.
    3. Huh?
    4. If you want to change your search you click "Search Again" and you will have more features.

Other:
    1. So basically make lists of things you want to keep a note of?
    2. Yes, the list is getting sort of long isn't it?

8. LimitingBounds

LimitingBounds

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice upgrade Hive! Loving the cleaner interface. :D

9. userid907

userid907

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    well good job, but we'll confused with hive new layout.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see the reputation rank hasn't been kept. Not that it's that important anyway. At least now we get to know how many people need to be given reputation before we can give it to the one we wanted before getting that announcement. But the thing is that the number 5 is repeated even if we have given reputation in the meantime.

About the site. We can manage. If some edits here and there could be done then we will be more than satisfied.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  11. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Scratch everything I've said, I managed to get a hang of the new interface fairly quick.

Really digging the simplicity.

12. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At first glance the new site seems horrible to me. I can't seem to find anything and many things that used to be buttons are only links now. Definitely needs a lot of tweaking.
    What I miss the most is seeing new posts in subscribed threads with just one click. Where is it now?

13. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Xonok, I missed that too. Pressing the little blue gem takes you to the first unread post.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's in the Alerts. It's still double click as before: one on Alerts and another on the thread you want.

15. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is inferior to what we had. I liked it how the threads I had already checked out disappeared from the list. Now I have to keep track of when I was last online. Any way to make it more sensible?

16. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  17. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I like that the fact all awards including non-first awards are shown. Gives us something to brag about.

18. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's made on the foundations of narcissism. Hive needed to remind itself that it's pretty!

19. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. I noticed, but from what I've gathered (might totally be wrong here), the old search worked like this - each asset/item in the database had keywords assigned to it and the search engine just checked for that. Right now, at least from my experience, it looks mostly at the asset title (even with "seach only title" thing disabled). It'd be cool to have keywords back since a lot of the assets have flavorful names (i.e. Dwarven Runebreaker) which would require very specific/hard to come up with searches to find, and lengthy descriptions which might cause misleading searches.
    2. Awesome, fingers crossed you get it to work :)
    3. It'd be cool to have an option to choose how many results are displayed on the search results page. Like "Show 20 results per page" or "Show 200 results per page".
    4. Oh, cool - didn't notice that :) But still, it's a bit anti-intuitive to me, I think it would be cool if - say, you want to search for an item that has something to do with "fire" = you do that and then you want to look for "flame" and you just type that in the same box, without having to go to "Search Again" (basically advanced search) menu to do a different search on the same repository.

Other:
    1. Yeah :) I know it can be easily done with browser's bookmarks, but having a similar feature baked into the site could be nice for some folks. Wel, at least I would love it :)
    2. Yup, hopefully you find a way to make it shorter :)

At any rate, I just hope you'll get the search engine to work better. And if you need any more feedback or testing of the changes from the end-user's perspective, I will be happy to help :)

P.S. In regards to keywords and searches - I know it's a very long read, but I've elaborated heavily on my issues with searches on page 3 of this topic. I think reading through it might give you a better understanding of some problems the search engine has (at least from my perspective).

20. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW... the new layout seemed a bit confusing and messy to me. Now I need to spend some time getting used to the navigation. I hope things will be better and prettier in the future.

I have a question. Why can't we search with keywords anymore in the models section (I don't know about other resource sections)? Will we be able to do so later?

By the way, there's slight problem with pastebin (I know I can scroll it using arrow keys, but I prefer showing the entire thing at once):
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.