1. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HIVE 3 Remoosed Beta

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Dec 28, 2020.

1. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    The new functions are much appreciated!

The new colors/saturation seem too strong on first sight - but one might get used to it.

2. xISLx

xISLx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wanted to try adding a new media to one of my albums and creating a new paste

1. Media:
    Going from the main Media page to '+Add Media' and then choosing "existing albums" displays all the (public?) albums from other people.
    upload_2020-12-29_1-41-50.png
    The troll. I can't. LMAO
    I managed to find my own album only on the sixths page.

Then I oppened the 'Your Albums' page and tried clicking the same '+Add Media' button there, expecting it to display my albums only.
    It did not work as I expected it to.

The quickest way to add new media to an old album was to open that album and then click the same '+Add Media' button there.

On the current site, this can be done directly from the main Media page.

2. Paste:
    I really like how you reworked the pastebin section!
    upload_2020-12-29_1-56-55.png

It is a shame it still redirects you to 'pastebin/add' when you try to open it :D
    The only way I could access the pastebin section and view my existing pastes was to create a new one.

Other:
    I have also noticed an issue with BB codes, but I believe you are already working on it :)

By the way, I REALLY like the new design. Making new map presentations is going to be a blast!

3. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Checked it out really briefly, looks more fresh and new, which is nice. I noticed though, that the icons representing different resource sections are not too descriptives. In my opinion it would be best if you could tell directly from the icon itself, which section it is - I know the idea is to use Warcraft icons but... perhaps functionality over visual presentation. Also, there is no option to exclude spells (to include only systems) in the spells section.

4. RedneckWizard

RedneckWizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, props to your hard work.

5. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my opinion get rif of the whole Warcraft III classic aspect is a big mistake.

All I see are:
    - Reforged menu borders.
    - Reforged circular icon borders.
    - Reforged buttons.
    - Reforged background and colors.
    - Reforged icons.​

It seems like a radical change, not very organic, even an involution.
    It's, without any doubt, a risky decision knowing all the problems that the launch of Reforged has brought and the damage it has done to the community.

6. Itachi2020

Itachi2020

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow I really like it! The whole aesthetic is incredible. Really rate all of the changes mentioned and it's great there is a central place for streaming. I think as a community trying to get involved in raising awareness of Warcraft 3 on these streaming platforms is definitely important and I think this will impact it well. Is there a way to keep users watching twitch streams on hive when they decide to click on another stream? Rather them re-directing to Twitch itself.

I did a copy of one of my forum posts - [ hidden] [/ hidden] didn't work unfortunately.

7. Ungoliath

Ungoliath

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This looks sooo good, fantastic work! :D

Maybe this was just me, but I found the colours/contrast in "HIVE" a bit intense to look at. Another thought I had was regarding reputation messages showing on the profile page - wouldn't this clutter the profile page in the long run and bury other profile posts?

Keep up the great work!

8. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good thing we plan on making other forum themes e.g. Night Elf.
    Thanks for the headsup!
    This is a known issue.

9. Kam

Kam

Community Development Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is fine work, even for a moose.

10. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am really happy for Remoosed, it warms my heart that a lot of effort is being put to make a more advanced and robust site.

I'm sure most of the issues will eventually be addressed and ironed out, however i'll speak up my only thumbsdown so far. i don't like the heavily Reforged inspired UI art, Hives current UI always looked unique for me, and belongs to itself. and i do love that fact.

[ I understand from some other people now, that apparently it was actually inspired by Vanilla W3, but i think the difference was large enough that, atleast i for one didn't really relate Hives' own cool Green UI to look like classic war3]

I can also point out some blueprints for minor things that would be cool to work on regarding this, for example. the small 4 logos of Discord, Twitter, Facebook and Youtube being all orange is ... meh, on the original one they were all gold which i did want to point out, but atleast they were bigger.

So, why not give Twitter and Discord a little light blue hue, Youtube to have a vibrant Red border and facebook have a white F.
    I think i'm getting my point across here, of little things to make the site more visually appealing and icons and whatnot that are used to be more instantly recognizable.

i'll point out some stuff.
    I think specific parts of the older UI in terms of function are more compact and effective ?
    Maps & Resources | HIVE
    If you see here, the old resource section icons, nothing fancy, just good at getting the message across.

On the other hand, it seems like the old Maps & Resource section is no longer available as a category like that, and instead permanently always available on the home screen, and with smaller icons if you scroll down or go anywhere else and whatnot, which is good for functionality, certainly an improvement.

Though i think they can squeeze the giant icons down a little, could even be 64x64 tbh (no specific intention with this, just the size happened to be good imo), then reposition them like so:

UI Suggestion2.PNG

Not the best quality, but it manages to get my point across.

11. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there :)

I like the new design! I'll be using the BETA from now on to try it out.

I think it's an amazing thing to be moving on to new grounds.

Also I think the reputation going away is a really healthy thing!

EDIT: Removed feedback from here and added it on the appropriate forum.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  12. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Rest in peace rep whoring.
    I will miss you more than I should.

13. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think removing "Spoiler:" and adding a downward pointing arrow on the spoiler tag could work instead. The color scheme is consistent with Warcraft 3 which is good. I have no comment regarding font size / image resolution, seems fine to me but I don't know.

A couple more off-hand comments before I dive into it in earnest:

There is a lot of dead space on the margins of the screen (esp. on widescreen, QHD, 4K resolutions) which should work well for mobile but looks off on PC. Perhaps an option to toggle between the two modes?
    [​IMG]

An option to open a user's awards to see more than 4 will be nice (e.g, a button below the medals that says "see all", I know clicking the awards brings up the rest of them, but that's not very intuitive, and opening a new page rather than a small popup is also not very friendly), and better yet if there is some sort of award count icon or counter on the UI. I also think that 4 is too little to display by default, I think 6, 8 or even 12 would better serve the long-standing users who have proven themselves over and over in the Arena. :wink:

Bringing back user titles below the username would be super nice, also. Right now they exist - but only on profile pages. Having them visible everywhere a user posts would allow that little extra bit of personal flair to everyone.

And on a related note, are signatures gone? Because I don't want them to be gone. :(

EDIT: I actually finished reading the opening post now and I apologize for posting feedback here. I'll copy this over and add more as I explore in the appropriate forum.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  14. Boar

Boar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm a little sad to see Reputation go, as that was iconic to hive.

15. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Loving the new resource and search capabilities! Thank you for your hard work.

16. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will there be a non-Reforged theme? RF assets are hard to look at for me i dont want to torture myself every time i am on hive....i would appreciate having a classic/old theme like current one

17. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It says in the first post that there will be a night elf theme.

18. Kazeon

Kazeon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You sir, deserves a statue.

19. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    hm.. this all sounds nice and all.. but i'm not sure what to think of it, now that i only occasionally check this site.. and mostly never beyond the front page

20. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is by far, the best news in 2020 after all the chaos this year has brought upon.

One question, does posting in the beta site will remain after beta? Or it is more for testing around?