• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. I think the ETA will be about 24 hours but probably less. We are only talking about 150 GB of data. What takes the most time is to actually import it into the database structure and the database is only like 5 GB. I am just using highly inefficient scripts to do it.

Speaking of ETA.
Is there one for the launch of Hive 2.0 yet?

Level 35
Nah. I think the ETA will be about 24 hours but probably less. We are only talking about 150 GB of data. What takes the most time is to actually import it into the database structure and the database is only like 5 GB. I am just using highly inefficient scripts to do it.

Wow, that was way way smaller than what I imagined, given all the ressources.

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Does this site's database estimated higher than GB? Like Terabytes or Yottabytes? :p

http://beta.roflmania.com/threads/invoker.71/
fvlvs.png

I am still getting this with the model viewer.

OPS: Windows Vistra Home Premium
CPU: Dell Vostro 200
Browser: Chrome
RAM: 2 GB
Speed: 400MHz DDR2

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Q: Any chance of the spell section having something else then just approved and rejected?
I am looking for a resource state called "not optimized" or something which basically means that the resource is MUI/MPI but is not optimal.
Because there are a lot of good and working resources which are kept out of view thanks to the unapproved state.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Rejected resources still exist in the system, so the capacity is no issue. It's just that rejected resources will remain in the rejected section, but be searchable. We will of course have to delete the things that are illegal or inappropriate, but many rejected things can still be useful to some.

Unless it breaks legal laws (especially copyrights), I think letting the rest searchable as you guys said before would be best :)

Though keep it somewhere below so the approved resources gets the header, and this will keep motivating new users to get their stuffs approved, but not demotivating when get needs fix status.

Unless it breaks legal laws (especially copyrights), I think letting the rest searchable as you guys said before would be best :)

Though keep it somewhere below so the approved resources gets the header, and this will keep motivating new users to get their stuffs approved, but not demotivating when get needs fix status.

Good idea. I know I hate it when my stuff gets rejected and I lose my description and all. Or how "needs fix" stops the flow of helpful feedback. I don't think copyrights are an issue in the U.S. anyway since the Hive is for educational purposes and not commercial. If any of the resources were for sale that would be different. But if Nintendo hasn't come after us for the Mario model yet, I think we're safe.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Ralle, can you also include JASS Resources in the Resources tab of a user? Since they have no preview image, how about just the title linking to the thread? I just think it will be much much easier finding a resource if it's located in the Resource tab of the user.

If nothing else it will be easier to find stuff if it were in the same section to begin with.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Can't we just move to another server without imported all data to the new site?

You want to slap everyone who ever contributed anything to the site in the face, don't you? Because that's pretty much the only reason I could come up with why anyone would suggest such a thing.

Oh, yeah. And RIP 100$ which I spent to get the chat icon.

Heh.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Good idea! Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved.

Just kidding. :)

Roland

R

Roland

Good idea! Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved.

Dude, maybe you should Write next time a giant "NOTHING WILL BE MOVED" with a bold and Underline style :D

Level 21
Ill do that

Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved. Nothing will be moved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.