1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Trial Import

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Apr 17, 2016.

1. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You seem didn't read the whole thread :xxd:

Ralle said that we should find bugs. Test out the site technically. The granted overall look of the site will be altered when the site is technically clean. The media button is somewhat like the albums but the images are not yet imported. The groups is I think in the process. The domain of the site will still be the same (hiveworkshop.com) while the beta site will be dropped. So links will still be the same. Well that's all I know as a programmer and as a follower of the Hive 2.

2. B22

B22

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't find customize profile.
    Also my profile there doesn't change when I change mine here
    My rejected resources can be accessed and downloaded

3. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried it out for a bit, other than things mentioned here I noted:
    - Descriptive Tags aren't imported from existing resources (at least on spells) this being the ones that you can type yourself for relevancy
    - Resource type search filtering is meaningless in the spell section
    - Rating resources doesn't appear possible (if it is it's rather unclear)
    - Giving people 0 rep reads as "took away 0 rep"
    - In the chat, if you have a long username (like mine) and use the /@ function, the username falls down onto the next line (the status may also run on to another line - I managed to occupy 3 lines of the chat list by myself)

as a side note it feels really weird with all the resources separated and different names for them (calling them "Bundles") not that it's a bad thing rather that it's just very disorienting: Something we'd need to get used to

4. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just noticed I can post models directly to the Director's Cut section. I can't access the page when I click on the link to the submission in the "New Posts" section. I get the following error: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." Same deal when I try to click the Latest Post in the Models forum. I can access the page, however, if I navigate to it a page at a time (Resources > Models > Director's Cut > My Resource). I can do this whether I am logged in to my account or not. I also don't agree with capping profile posts to 140 characters. I get not wanting to have long messages showing in the "New Profile Posts" section on the root page of Forums, but I don't think this is sufficient reason to cap them. Can you make the "New Profile Posts" only show the first 140 characters of a message? If not, I'd rather just not have the new posts shown at all.

5. HDPC2000

HDPC2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should create more styles for the beta site, bone apart from the style of the elves and the Terrans, should put more styles of most races of the warcraft and starcraft :)

6. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update: I found the discussion, however most of the newer posts (even those posted before December last year) was absent.

I think those posts could be kept for historical purposes, and if people want to continue the RP, they can continue. The problem is most of those posts made months before aren't there...

7. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    • Size tag seems going haywire, ones with +X. LINK
    • some tags related with table and shadow table got broken. LINK
    • Where's the avatars?
    • About Resources, I would say the current one being going on is good, except the ones that got Rejected should be hidden, but needs fix should stay there :)
    • For rep icons, I guess the new ones would be great, can we keep them? Pretty please with cherry on top :D

I posted this around 1 AM, so mind some oddities.

8. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've not read everyones reports so I don't know if I'm late on some or all of these but here we go:

Bugs
    [​IMG]

* As can be seen from this image a lot of the text to the left does not appear.
    * Also can be seen in the picture, even though my avatar picture is transparent next to "update your status" it appears with a white background. (This also appears in forums.
    [​IMG]

* When I tried to upload an avatar image I can not (unlike in the old version) select an avatar image through a url file but had to download the image and then upload it from my computer.
    * Unlike the old version Hive does not scale to my monitors size. (In the bottom of my first image you can see the scrolling bar.)

9. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Building onto this, it seems to be an issue with the page being rendered in Firefox only.

Firefox Developer Edition 47.0a2 (2016-04-15)
    Chrome 49.0.2623.112m
    Edge 25.10586.0.0, EdgeHTML 13.10586

Regarding uploading an avatar image, that's a design choice, not a bug. If you mean you can't enter a URL into the file selection dialog that's something with Windows, not the browser or website.

The site scales to the browser if it's being rendered properly, like in Chrome and Edge. It just has this issue in Firefox. It's also isolated to the Night Elf theme - the default XenForo theme doesn't have this issue and renders perfectly on Firefox.

As for transparency, it seems like XenForo doesn't support transparency, and it removes the alpha channel when you upload an avatar. It replaces PNG alpha channels with a white background, and GIFs get a black background. What's interesting about this is that Ralle has a transparent animated GIF that shows up with a .JPG extension, but has proper (albeit binary) GIF transparency. Furthermore, his avatar is 135KB large, but the maximum file size that the upload dialog lets you use is 50KB. This leads me to believe that the upload dialog seriously needs to be reworked. Images are resized down to 200px, but the alpha channel is ignored in the process. Ralle got around this by manually swapping his avatar and skipping the dialog altogether.

Oh man, first post in four years and it's about reporting a rendering bug.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  10. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Haha! Welcome back. My avatar has no transparency and was uploaded through the user profile as the rest of you. I will look into the transparency issue.

I just checked.

1. Animated gifs work
    2. Gifs get a black background
    3. Pngs retain transparent background

XenForo always store avatars as .jpg even though internally they may be .gif or .png:
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/animated-gif-avatars-renamed-to-jpg.112558/
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/avatar-png-jpg-problem.111041/

11. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your avatar does have transparency, look at the corners.

If I try to upload your avatar, it denies it for file size. If I try to upload just the first frame of your avatar, it uploads successfully, but the corners become black because the alpha channel is discarded. If I convert it to PNG, it still gets discarded, although it's replaced with white.

I'll embed a couple instances of my current avatar (on the beta forum, not this forum) during various stages here, and since THW has a dark background it should be very easy to see the difference.

original image, PNG
    [​IMG]

large (200px-ish) resize, post-upload, PNG
    [​IMG]

96px resize, post-upload, PNG
    [​IMG]

original image, GIF
    [​IMG]

large resize, post-upload, GIF
    [​IMG]

96px resize, post-upload, GIF
    [​IMG]

12. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    How am I supposed to use my lovely Vi GIF avatar? :xxd:

13. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Unless Ralle raises the filesize limit, you'll have to either reduce the framerate or color bit-depth until you get it below 50kb.

14. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The avatar filesize limit is not final. It's just at its default setting right now. I will also look into transparency.

15. ForgottenNightmare

ForgottenNightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I like it for a beta. Yes I do agree with the people that explained the flaws in it, but other than those bugs that could be worked out I like it. It is better organized. The background although it is a plus I do have an issue with since I am the kind of guy that likes all races in Warcraft 3 so I suggest making some other background style any ONE user could have. I understand that it is hard to do, but the truth is this site seems to have a lot more of a Blizzard Entertainments feel to it so you could most likely get away with borrowing some design ideas from them and the games they make.

16. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    With something like Xenforo it should be much easier to make more themes. Hell, I'd be willing to do it myself if Ralle would allow.

17. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The suit isn't mobile-friendly, the old (current) hive is (somehow).

18. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Maybe because of the mobile browser you are using. The site is responsive than the current hive.

19. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some posts are missing in my post count.

20. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Because it was imported with data from quite a while back and is not being synced with the main site.