• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Now Hosted on Linode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Moved to a new Server
The Hive Workshop is now hosted on a server with Linode. I have been using them for a long time with various customers and at my job too. They are fast and they are awesome.

Some of you have had the following issues today:
- unable to login due to IP block
- unable to stay logged in
- unable to see attachments
- unable to attach files
- unable to enter the chat

These have all been fixed during the day and it has been pretty smooth sailing since.

By the way, We are on a server with enough storage to host this site including a complete import of Hive 1 into Hive 2. I will soon publish a new Beta of the site where all content is imported and ask you to take a look and see if everything looks alright. A few weeks after that we will be moving for good.

Ralle

Roland

R

Roland

I'm amaze that you've successfully migrated to the new Server. The backups are now Uninterrupted. Thanks Ralle.

Level 2
Hey guys, some not is them to happened to launch an application for mobile phones and pc?, rather than be putting in page by google, it would be good

Level 2
I do not believe Hive requires nor needs a mobile app. If that is what you tried to recommend?

As would be nice to have an app for mobile phones, already that if these travel you can not find nothing, and enter to it page by google or other application looks very awkward to navigate by page, and for pc, as something as well as what you are doing Microsoft Windows 10 applications (an example is Facebook for pc that is more fast that entering to page by browsers)

Level 24
Can someone translate that?

In any case, what difference would there be in the app compared to the website?
If it is only the speed how fast you load a page for example, then it is definately not worth making an entire application for it.

On mobile phone, you can also go to your browser and visit this website, post some replies, search through the resource section and give Wietlol +rep.
If you really think that you can do that better on an app than on a browser, then think again.
Maybe it will be put in such a nice way that you wont have the problem of pressing the wrong button, but it is not worth spending weeks if not months to make such an app for such little features.

For real, you wont run the World Editor or Warcraft 3 on your phone either would you?

Level 35
Hive 2 will be responsive. Therefore there is a web version and a phone version (although you need to input the site on a browser still)

Yep - my thought as well. Not to mention the development required for it and the rather pointlessness nature of it. Many have gotten used to apps for homepages, but in my eyes an app is basically a "lazy" move, meaning that a properly responsive site won't need an app, taking up space and power.

Anyway given the latest hacking things, I like that I just managed to make a comment about Linode and DDos attacks on it, which we luckily didn't experience and then this hack which is worst. Damn. :thumbs_up:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Well, guess I became the doomsayer without knowing it. :eekani:

Sadly, I was already more or less kind of prophetic on that one.

In France, there was random connectivity during the afternoon. Around 07:00 PM (local time), I was able to post the comment linked above. Soon after that, bad guys struck much harder, and I totally lost access to Linode's news on mitigation, Google, YouTube and other sites.

Level 35
Sadly, I was already more or less kind of prophetic on that one..

The comment I was referring to was one I made 3 days ago on Ralle's profile, after several sites I use, have been making comments the last week or so about the massive attack on Linode. :wink: But they have also made comments about what a great server it is, and given their massive bandwidth usage (+5 million daily users) I would say that for Linode to mostly stay up speaks volumes as to how good it is. So I agree Ralle :smile:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The comment I was referring to was one I made 3 days ago on Ralle's profile, after several sites I use, have been making comments the last week or so about the massive attack on Linode. :wink: But they have also made comments about what a great server it is, and given their massive bandwidth usage (+5 million daily users) I would say that for Linode to mostly stay up speaks volumes as to how good it is. So I agree Ralle :smile:

Ok. Just read it. thanks for the info.

Still a few problems this morning in France, but things are back to normal right now. I believe it was a very strong attack indeed. I am afraid we will see more attacks of this magnitude in the future.

That and they credited us with $25 for our trouble yesterday.

Good business practices mean great individuals. I sure like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.